Reminder - Account Sharing and Extra Account Policy

Topics related to Second Age
Lord Mammoth

Reminder - Account Sharing and Extra Account Policy

Post by Lord Mammoth »

This is a quick post to serve as a reminder of our account rules going forward into this holiday season.

Here on UOSA, players are allowed to own and utilize up to 3 of their own accounts, and only those accounts. This means the following:
  • Accounts cannot be shared (e.g. using another players accounts when they aren't using them).
  • Accounts cannot be used to acquire extra holiday gifts at any time. Anyone found doing so will have any and all gifts stripped from them, warnings placed on the accounts, and extra or borrowed accounts banned.
  • Other accounts can only be maintained (see Derrick's response for what constitutes maintenance purposes).
Anyone found utilizing another player's accounts or extra accounts will have all accounts owned by the sharing player - or extra accounts - banned, and warnings placed on the sharer's accounts for using extra accounts. Multiple infractions will result in the closure of all accounts.
Lord Mammoth

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Reminder - Account Sharing and Extra Account Policy

Post by Hydroxide »

In the recent past, I asked Derrick if it would be ok to level another players tamer in exchange for UOSA gold. He said that as long as I wasn't on more than 3 accounts at one time, and did not accept irl $/items.. It would be fine.

The person I leveled also asked him, and received the same response.

Did the JACKO/Fede drama and resulting court ruling establish a new law?

Thank you for clarification

Lord Mammoth

Post by Lord Mammoth »

As the post states this topic stands as a reminder of the rules in place. There has been no change to the rules. Should you have a special request ask before doing and you mind find the answer agreeable.

In regards to your conversation with Derrick it would be unfair for me to comment on your specific situation as I don't know all the details of the deal. It sounds like you asked for something that fell into a grey area and were granted permission.
Lord Mammoth

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Big Bump!

I even took the liberty of forwarding this link to a few players. You know, I would not want them to miss this important announcement.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Couldn't anyone get around these rules by just using a remote VM that your friends or anyone could log into or watch remotely?

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

[13:02] <Vega-> any GMs want to put me in jail for having friends?
[13:02] <Vega-> no? didn't think so
[13:02] <Taboo> by friends do you mean yourself logging onto their accounts
[13:02] == qwebirc35929 [ae54f474@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.84.244.116] has quit [Ping timeout: 240 seconds]
[13:02] <Taboo> because thats illegal
[13:02] == qwebirc96666 [ae54f474@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.84.244.116] has joined #secondage
[13:02] <Vega-> I can refresh any amount of friend's accounts
[13:02] <Vega-> ^ fact
[13:02] <Vega-> gimme your account info, I'll refresh yours too.

I post this because Vega is hoarding homes and refreshing them via his friends accounts.

He claims to own 10 accounts worth of homes via his friends accounts that he logs onto.

I think it should be addressed. Clearly something isn't right about this scenario.

He's abusing the system and the rules should be rethought.
Last edited by Taboo on Wed May 14, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Taboo wrote:[13:02] <Vega-> any GMs want to put me in jail for having friends?
[13:02] == qwebirc35929 [ae54f474@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.84.244.116] has quit [Ping timeout: 240 seconds]
[13:02] == qwebirc96666 [ae54f474@gateway/web/freenode/ip.174.84.244.116] has joined #secondage
lololol "Yes. It's fine to hop on another firends account to perform specific actions, such as guild functions; banking; house refresh; etc. The three account limit applies to the accounts that you play "as if they were your own"." - Derrick
Last edited by Capitalist on Wed May 14, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

[13:00] <Taboo> anyway its actually illegal for some players to hoard enough properties to keep from open plots happening if the player population continues to remain low
[13:01] <Vega-> please show me how it's illegal
[13:01] <Taboo> one house per char, 15 chars
[13:01] <Vega-> correct...
[13:01] <Vega-> I have like 10 friends who can hold houses
[13:01] <Vega-> now what?

His annoying personality aside, it exposes a clear problem for a free server.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

la sigh :roll:

Sugar Momma

Post by Sugar Momma »

Deleting previous post however I have a strong opinion that I shall keep to myself

Denis the Menace

Post by Denis the Menace »

Capitalist wrote:
Taboo wrote:[13:02] <Vega-> any GMs want to put me in jail for having friends?

lololol "Yes. It's fine to hop on another firends account to perform specific actions, such as guild functions; banking; house refresh; etc. The three account limit applies to the accounts that you play "as if they were your own"." - Derrick

Vega, what you do with theese "friend-accounts" is another case then Derrick mentioned.

You are actively placing / transfering / selling homes with the help of theese 10 extra accounts. Infact that means you are actually playing with theese account since you earn money with them! This is not the first time you do that so yours and theese accounts should be banned. But we all know that this wont happen for a misterios reason.
(My guess: Maybe he donated a good amout of money, or one of the crew / friends is a GM in game)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Denis ;-)

KingCo

Post by KingCo »

I think the house hording is a huge problem for population because new players have to pay outrageous prices to own a house larger then a small brick. Thus making the grind they have to go threw to make said cash seem oppressive and they then quit. I think this should be looked into before the population dwindles any further.

Denis the Menace

Post by Denis the Menace »

KingCo wrote:I think the house hording is a huge problem for population because new players have to pay outrageous prices to own a house larger then a small brick. Thus making the grind they have to go threw to make said cash seem oppressive and they then quit. I think this should be looked into before the population dwindles any further.

There are house traders which earned money with placing/selling/buying homes...
now that the population dropped below 50 active players a lot of houses decay (daily 1-x). If the house traders wouldnt block theese spots (with illegal accounts) their business would break up couse there would be a lot of space to place towers, keeps, castles for free.

The funny thing is that the same players are also sitting in dungeons with their PK's and prevent new players from earning cash and so on... a few ppl. here ruling & ruining this shard.

Feenicks

Post by Feenicks »

Don't know if Im reviving a dead thread here but it seems to be the most appropriate place. I've been playing on this shard for a year or two now. I have very little time and it has taken me a LONG time to progress. I'm at the point of having enough money to upgrade from a small to a large brick house and have the deed. In regular players opinions would there likely be a spot anywhere to place this or would I have to trade to get something. I know IDOC's are often highlighted and PK's attend etc but I assume that a small number of IDOC's aren't spotted prior to falling. Just wondering before I waste lots of time running through all the lands looking for somewhere to build. Cheers

farnk

Post by farnk »

Feenicks wrote:Don't know if Im reviving a dead thread here but it seems to be the most appropriate place. I've been playing on this shard for a year or two now. I have very little time and it has taken me a LONG time to progress. I'm at the point of having enough money to upgrade from a small to a large brick house and have the deed. In regular players opinions would there likely be a spot anywhere to place this or would I have to trade to get something. I know IDOC's are often highlighted and PK's attend etc but I assume that a small number of IDOC's aren't spotted prior to falling. Just wondering before I waste lots of time running through all the lands looking for somewhere to build. Cheers
Pretty much a waste of time.