character broken?

slida

character broken?

Post by slida »

I started up another account and made a new character yesterday. The shard crashed last night, and when I try to log in with that character now the program doesn't work right. I log in and it shows up on my task bar but I can't see the game, it just doesn't show up. My other account seems to be working fine. I think maybe some file might have gotten corrupted or something. Anyway if anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. :)

Black&Blue

Re: character broken?

Post by Black&Blue »

If I were to have that problem, I would try creating another character on that account and see how it works. If that doesn't work, you'll most likely need to replace your UO.CFG file with the original file and it may work.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Likey the window position get saved as minimized, or offscreen.

Rightclick on the Ultima Online bar in the task-bar, choose move, hit an arrow key, and then drag your mouse around.

Sorry about the crash by the way. It was a never before seen issue with the IRC bot. Will be fixing it right away.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

This hapens to me occasionally also. I just click on UO in the taskbar to make it the active program, then hit alt-enter twice..

slida

Post by slida »

Thanks, problem solved, it had gotten 'minimized' somehow and 'restore' wasn't doing anything. I just had to click on 'maximize'. An embarassingly simple solution, somehow that has never,ever happened to me before and I have never used the 'move' or 'maximize' window options. Anyway, thanks again. :oops: