Covetous Dragon Technique and Wind Training

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Covetous Dragon Technique and Wind Training

Post by randale »

How exactly do you kill gazers etc in covetous with the 20 dragon technique. Specifically, what do you have to do? Have one of your toons stand to the right of the dragons to keep them from moving right, one behind to keep them from going north, and one that will command the drags? I forget the techique.

And, does anyone have a screenshot of that place in Wind where you can't be hit by the dragon's breath? I forget where it was. I'd prefer a screenshot, cause a verbal/written description is kind of hard to follow, unless you can tell me exactly how many steps to take from where to where.

Bixby Legbone

Re: Covetous Dragon Technique and Wind Training

Post by Bixby Legbone »

randale wrote:How exactly do you kill gazers etc in covetous with the 20 dragon technique. Specifically, what do you have to do? Have one of your toons stand to the right of the dragons to keep them from moving right, one behind to keep them from going north, and one that will command the drags? I forget the techique.

And, does anyone have a screenshot of that place in Wind where you can't be hit by the dragon's breath? I forget where it was. I'd prefer a screenshot, cause a verbal/written description is kind of hard to follow, unless you can tell me exactly how many steps to take from where to where.

You have the right idea. You can use all three of your accounts to keep the dragons locked in one tile space, specifically if you use a wall or un-walkable item in game as the 4th tile to keep them locked in. This might work better in other spots.. but IMO if I had 20 dragons and wanted to farm Elder gazers I would just let them loose to roam. Some will attack,. but not all. The elder gazer and normal gazer spawn in random spots around the lake.. so if you try the confining dragons to one tile technique.. you end up with situations where the gazer won't be able to walk over to the dragons by virtue of being too dumb to navigate itself around the lack or another obstacle.

If there is a spot in wind that can't be hit by dragon's breath, I'd like to know as well. Many places in destard meet that description and work fine.

randale

Re: Covetous Dragon Technique and Wind Training

Post by randale »

You have the right idea. You can use all three of your accounts to keep the dragons locked in one tile space, specifically if you use a wall or un-walkable item in game as the 4th tile to keep them locked in.
I remember I used to try to keep drags inside my house, and they'd destroy tables if they ran into them and they weren't locked down, and since I can't lock down anything outside of my house, there would be nothing to keep them from destroying an item I place.
If there is a spot in wind that can't be hit by dragon's breath, I'd like to know as well. Many places in destard meet that description and work fine.
There is a place in Wind where it can't happen, I'm sure of it, I just forget where it is.