Acquisition of rares

Topics related to Second Age
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Acquisition of rares

Post by Hicha »

Galendae wrote:
satori wrote:Yes Galendae knows everything just ask him! Did you know that one of those cheaters is actually Bigfoot? And he plays from his cell inside area 51! Stupid Yeti cheater taking the rares! Galendae you are the most dillusional person on UOSA. Stop making false accusations because of things you think happen inside that fantasy world head of yours.

Touched a nerve apparently. Or maybe someone has a guilty conscience.

here is a thread that points out exactly my point.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=58528

And on a side note the guy is playing again.
Lmao that thread is awesome, thanks for the share. Doubt anything would come of it.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Seeth wrote:I've kind of been going all trammel lately, and was curious to know how difficult it is to obtain spawning rares. Do people have them on timers/camped/etc 24/7 or is there any likelihood of me randomly recalling around to some rare/semi-rare spots and finding them sitting there waiting or do would I need to camp them to have any chance of success?
People have them on timers and camp them, even the low end rares are targeted by recall bots (ingot stacks, mugs, etc). I've got a fairly large collection of low end 'rares' (fruit baskets, ropes, stacked ingots, tall candles, herbs, mugs, fanned cards, etc) and I obtained them just recalling around when bored and on occasion you will beat the campers and bot recallers. High end rares - not a chance in my opinion but in my experience an afk camper may be at the location to get the rare but it is normally actively being monitored. If you find one, gate in your purp potter and soon the player will recall in, talk shit and heal up their camper.

Regarding the 4 account bozo linked, was he banned? I've come across his afk toons numerous times and killed them.

Seeth

Post by Seeth »

Just in case any other casual types like myself are considering hunting rares, here are my results from this. In the 2.5 weeks since I made this post I've recalled around to all the semi/rare spots about 3-4 times a day and have come across:

full jars
full vials x2
empty vials
empty jar
dried onions
dried flowers
empty basket x2
whip x1
rope x1
crap-ton of wire

Several people in this thread pretty much nailed it. Low end rares are attainable, high end you're SOL unless you're a pro trammelite.