Staff Discretion

Topics related to Second Age
Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Staff Discretion

Post by Abyz »

UOSA is now considered a text based pseudo rpg, executed via forum and irc postings. What is termed "in game" is just the place where some people hoard virtual collectibles and pretend they've accomplished something irl.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

Psychologically, it seems these pixels are all Vega has. This is a cry for help, so just pity him. When a grown man admits to dropping racial slurs on a child and calling out his "financial and ethnic weakness," this is the time to understand he is not well in the head.

Ali

Post by Ali »

^
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

Teriyl

Post by Teriyl »

Are people still playing here?

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I play here.
^

Coholic

Post by Coholic »

I must say, this is an interesting thread. After reading Vegas' short story, and the replies from the admins, I was left with some infallible truths.

1) Vega spends entirely way to much time playing this game.

2) GM's do a terrific job here, and to be called out because they "hurt Vegas feelings" and put him in a 1 minute time out, is plain retarded.

3) Vega speaking about policy regarding TJ... Didn't he ask "If i had $500 laying around what would that get me?"

Welp, those are my 2 cents, probably not even worth 1 cent, but I said it anyway!

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

This thread reads something like this to me: "blah blah blah, blah blah, blibiddy bloo..." -like some whiny droning fag-opera. :roll:

I had a whole thread about the racial slurr against asians ("Chink") that were being used on me, staff took no action. I respected that though, and think it should be left that way.

I'm still wondering what the word was. Was it the N-word ("nigger")? You know that word comes up all the time in hippitty-hop songs, so I think decorum dictates that if you are gonna use a racial epitah like that, it's fine so long as it's incorporated into some kind of rhyme.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Li Meiyang wrote: I'm still wondering what the word was. Was it the N-word ("nigger")? You know that word comes up all the time in hippitty-hop songs, so I think decorum dictates that if you are gonna use a racial epitah like that, it's fine so long as it's incorporated into some kind of rhyme.
The word itself isn't the issue. When you use it to harass an individual, that's when (for me, personally) it becomes a problem. Using it - fine. Using racist remarks to target or "hate" (hatespeech) on someone is totally different then simply saying it.

If speech logs were only public information... There's no place for acting like a racist and using hatespeech on UOSA. We don't have an officially policy regarding this, but I hope that changes one day. This goes beyond "just ignore them" - as I said to other staff, I can't think of a community or game that tolerates that type of behavior and I've never wanted to be part of a community that allows such behavior to run rampant. Luckily here, it's only an issue with a few of the players who can't seem to find a better way to provoke or bug other players.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:This goes beyond "just ignore them" - as I said to other staff, I can't think of a community or game that tolerates that type of behavior and I've never wanted to be part of a community that allows such behavior to run rampant. Luckily here, it's only an issue with a few of the players who can't seem to find a better way to provoke or bug other players.
I think players who consistently harass other players on forums, forum karma, IRC, and in game should be banned.

"Just ignore them" isnt a good policy for players who want constant attention and seek it by generally harassing everyone. In fact, it's a little immoral.

This player in particular has derailed a dozen threads recently into trash talk that aren't on the trash talk forum, been banned from IRC for racist homophobic comments, and apparently been jailed in game for the same reasons.

This player also generally interjects himself into any situation or conversation including ones that simply have nothing to do with him, forum or otherwise, to make harassing comments. That is apparently what happened to get him jailed.

Another note, add foe / ignore features on forum and IRC aren't a sufficient defense against players like this because of the fact that add foe has serious holes, like the ability to receive messages from the harasser, and players can both change their IRC name and device/service used.

That is to say, Capitalist aka Vega has literally changed his name and service to send me a photoshopped pic of me on IRC.

Mind you, none of this has anything to do with UO in game. Its just that this player's personality seeks to harass everyone for attention.

Please also bear in mind, that this player in particular never seems to leave the UOSA community and is constantly present harassing. So like the same day of the player becoming unbanned on IRC is the same day the player was on IRC all day long harassing anyone present to get attention, and while the player was banned he became jailed IG then created this post. It's a serial offender.

People don't want to be around a community with that kind of atmosphere. UO is suppose to be a video game and video games are suppose to be fun. No one has time for this kind of drama.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Taboo wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:This goes beyond "just ignore them" - as I said to other staff, I can't think of a community or game that tolerates that type of behavior and I've never wanted to be part of a community that allows such behavior to run rampant. Luckily here, it's only an issue with a few of the players who can't seem to find a better way to provoke or bug other players.
I think players who consistently harass other players on forums, forum karma, IRC, and in game should be banned.

"Just ignore them" isnt a good policy for players who want constant attention and seek it by generally harassing everyone. In fact, it's a little immoral.

This player in particular has derailed a dozen threads recently into trash talk that aren't on the trash talk forum, been banned from IRC for racist homophobic comments, and apparently been jailed in game for the same reasons.

This player also generally interjects himself into any situation or conversation including ones that simply have nothing to do with him, forum or otherwise, to make harassing comments. That is apparently what happened to get him jailed.

Another note, add foe / ignore features on forum and IRC aren't a sufficient defense against players like this because of the fact that add foe has serious holes, like the ability to receive messages from the harasser, and players can both change their IRC name and device/service used.

That is to say, Capitalist aka Vega has literally changed his name and service to send me a photoshopped pic of me on IRC.

Mind you, none of this has anything to do with UO in game. Its just that this player's personality seeks to harass everyone for attention.

Please also bear in mind, that this player in particular never seems to leave the UOSA community and is constantly present harassing. So like the same day of the player becoming unbanned is the same day the player was on IRC all day long harassing anyone present to get attention, and while the player was banned he became jailed IG then created this post. It's a serial offender.

People don't want to be around a community with that kind of atmosphere. UO is suppose to be a video game and video games are suppose to be fun. No one has time for this kind of drama.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsac7vlOsNg

Stop harassing me, Taboo.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

An example of Vega being a harasser: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=59869

He has literally derailed many threads. Just stroll through the forums.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59851&start=45

An example of Taboo being a harasser. Someone do something about his soliciting! OMGARSH!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Coholic

Post by Coholic »

Vega is also cocky IRL, who woulda thunk it!

Denis the Menace

Post by Denis the Menace »

Talking bout Vega:

in my first weeks on uosa as a new player I placed a small house at an idoc.
It was blocking a towerspot, Vega secured the rest. He then asked me to hand that home over for free lol, i disagreed. In the next couple of days he trashbombed my patio serveral times with thousend of items leaving me a note with something like "you had better gave me that house - vega" bla bla.

It took me serveral hours to clean up the mess each time so I couldnt play UO. (Note: having family and not too much time to play). At this point he also started to trash every forum thread I opened.

- Vega harras ppl. in everyway he can (in/out of game) now even beeing racistic.
- Vega is breaking the rules (10 x Account and so on) ruining the shard economy.
- Vega trys to make new players leave the shard instantly in serveral ways

I personally think his target is to ruin the shard till it closes for whatever reason which I dont know, but I'm quite sure about that.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

You must have really wanted that small for some reason.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation