Staff Discretion

Topics related to Second Age
Treysta

Re: Staff Discretion

Post by Treysta »

Soma wrote:Surely staff can implement a "Hazy is an asshat" policy and refund Tj his items, or at least ban Hazy?

I can't imagine anyone would complain.
I feel as though the entire premise for the majority of rulings on UOSA (in my time being here) are based on the fact that "special rulings" are not on the table. Which when you think about it, makes a lot of sense, despite being frustrating as hell.

The staff here are not police--they are administrators. Their job is not to deliver justice to every single person who may have been wronged. Their job is to keep the shard running.
^

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

I keep forgetting to put my [sarcasm] tags on, thanks for reminding me Treysta!
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I didn't detect any irony, mocking, or conveyance of contempt in that post. It looked sincere to me. I'll fire my sarcasm-radar guy, don't worry.

SomaACEACEACE 2016. Vote for your children's sake.
^

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

I really thought I stressed that point with "I can't imagine anyone would complain.", considering people will complain about any change that happens on this shard regardless of whether it is good/bad.

I'll be sure to add big bold text so you are able to understand better next time.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Treysta wrote:I didn't detect any irony, mocking, or conveyance of contempt in that post. It looked sincere to me. I'll fire my sarcasm-radar guy, don't worry.

SomaACEACEACE 2016. Vote for your children's sake.
Please don't fire me, I've got kids to feed!
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Wow Vega... without words... dude you should take a break or even end uo. Thats insane. I feel so srry for you. You totaly act like a retard. R you rlly such a loser in real life? How can you call out the staff for nothing and cry like that. I never turned into such a spaz just because of neons or any pvp skills.

Its also illegal to offer irl cash for items so better shut it ;)

I will endeavor to refrain from making attacks on the person behind the keyboard in the future.
Last edited by Kaivan on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The rules aren't for show.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Only a mildly retarded German fellow would say something like "without words" and then have an entire rant about somebody. Also, I think you very well know about buying pixels. Your reputation proceeds you.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

U need a dolphin therapy and some ritalin shake. All you need is love dam dam dalala
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

1) If TJ disclosed his account info, he ought to know better, and if he got burned, that's not Hazy's problem. Bad behavior, but legal.
2) Regardless of the situation, Vega you suck for using that word. Grow some class.
3) That said, it was my understanding that the staff would not intervene in situations regarding racial slurs. Making Vega's behavior bad, but legal:

From Derrick in the exact context of using racial slurs: "There are tools within game which allow players to filer obscenities that offend them, and also ignore people, so we do not typically take any stance on player interactions."

Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15989

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I asked about events, and was also placed in time out.
Last edited by Kaivan on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This will cotinue to happen
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

this is still an online game your talking about right??

Still Standing

Post by Still Standing »

Derrick wrote in a thread: The purpose of this post is to specifically inform you of our policy regarding Account and Character deletion.

We will never delete your characters or accounts.

Beyond that, the security of your account, characters and items is entirely your responsibility. If your account is hacked, or your characters deleted we will be unable to restore it to it's previous state.

Just a heads up, this is not a new policy and precedence for this was set long ago.

It is especially ill-advised to ever use your account information for Second Age on any other shard, especially your password even if used in conjunction with another username.

Second Age stores all passwords encrypted, and no staff here have access to your passwords; however this may not be the case for all freeshards; it is advisable to always use a strong and unique password for any login on the Internet.

Sorry but tj got owned, the best part is all the shit that was talked on his end while this was still going on.

Do what you want to anyone you want, just make sure you understand the rules. I don't give a fuck about tj I maybe seen him log on and play 20 times in the past 3 years. Everyone is pissed that I got something you wish that you had when in reality it means nothing to me. All the posts about this between everyone is just sad , why don't you just play a game for what it is cry all you want nothing is going to change.
[09:24] <@Derrick> If you donate, and you need to get bailed out of Jail in Penobscot County, Maine in the next year, I'll come get you personally.

[19:35] <Owned_By_A_Girl> No, the doctor poked me too hard.(Along with half the shard)

Still Standing

Post by Still Standing »

"Work smarter, not harder" I practice that everyday at work.

Don't mean shit to me how long it took someone to get items like this, it took me 10 minutes of logging on.
[09:24] <@Derrick> If you donate, and you need to get bailed out of Jail in Penobscot County, Maine in the next year, I'll come get you personally.

[19:35] <Owned_By_A_Girl> No, the doctor poked me too hard.(Along with half the shard)