Poison

Topics related to Second Age
alatar

Poison

Post by alatar »

Does curing poison work as it should, as well as GCure Pots? You shouldn't be able to cure heavy poisons 100% with GM Mage. You should fail to cure Deadly Poison like 20-25% of the time, and even more for Lethal. Not quite sure if you can fail to cure Greater Poison at GM though..

Derrick

Re: Poison

Post by Derrick »

I just verified all the formulas. It's not a sure thing to cure any poison with a spell. Greater Cure will always cure Greater Poision, but not always Deadly or Lethal.

alatar

Post by alatar »

I'm not looking for an exact percentage but its possible to fail to cure lesser poison at GM Mage? If so I think that's a great idea as there should never be a 100% chance.

The game works better when there isn't 100% of success.. Not just poisoning but all aspects of UO, a tamer with 100 skill shouldn't be able to tame a dragon everytime because his skill read 100.0

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm glad I took another look at this. Cure was not configured correctly for the era.
But yes, Lesser Poison is always cured, which is accurate, but we did have a problem with the more deadlier posions being cured too often, which has been corrected.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

So dp might be useful now?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.