"Your mount is very fatigued"

Topics related to Second Age
morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "Your mount is very fatigued"

Post by morgan1109 »

I’d agree for most people and most uses a store bought mount is perfectly fine, thanks largely to the auto refresh in follow mode “feature”. I wouldn’t want to enter into a field PVP battle without a frenzy though. I’ve covered quite a bit of ground chasing people down. That’s usually consensual PVP since most people recall/hide as soon as they’ve made some space.

I’ve also seen mares take out reds/grays after the rider dies in a close fight which is oddly satisfying. I couldn’t kill you but my mare could! Have fun being in stat loss, heh heh. Truthfully though, you shouldn’t ever take a mare out of a guard zone unless you never die. Ever...

The value in mares really lies in their scarcity. If you’ve got the money to burn and want a really cool mount, then the pure mare is your thing.

The value in the Frenzy is partially like the mare. Some of the colors are hard to find producing a smaller yet similar type of demand due to scarcity. There is a strong market for the deepest red and deepest shadow. The real value for the frenzy is in field PVP and the much larger stamina pool. If you ever do the larger events like the gargoyle invasion where you have to dodge some serious monsters AND reds, you’ll really learn to appreciate not having to hop on and off. I’d also say IDOC people who spend a lot of time running around the world checking on house status’s probably view a fully trained frenzy as necessary.

I ride frenzy’s on most of my characters simply because they are better, free, and I can. If I had to pay for them, I would probably only have two. One for each of my PVP characters.

One quick note: It’s not uncommon for a mount to get fatigued in an area where multiple gray’s are. Try to get to an area with no aggressive grays to dismount. It can be attacked and be engaged in battle very quickly and die leaving you mountless and on foot surrounded by aggressive gray’s. Having to dismount a lot less decreases the chances of losing a mount this way, and possibly your life. It’s certainly not enough of a concern to upgrade. Just be careful. If you have been running for a while, and are getting ready to step into destard dismount and refresh before entering, heh heh.

If you are new, low on cash, saving up for a tower, or die a lot absolutely stick with store bought. If you are rich and spend a lot of time in at Britain Bank, get your beautiful pure mare to show it off like everybody else. If you field PVP a lot get a frenzy. If you are somewhere in between those three extreme’s go with what makes sense. Store bought mounts are 700ish, frenzy’s are 4,000ish, pure mares are 40,000ish. There’s a big price differential between the three levels of mounts, so make sure you are ready before you upgrade.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

wow..
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Bah, takes too damn long too worry about those stupid ass mounts, store bought horses kick ass.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

You can actually train a horse up to be at least 2-3x stamina as a normal horse. After only ~10 minutes of training (two horses fighting) I got a horse to outlast my stam (meaning I'm running straight and my stam hit 0 from 25 before the horse needed refreshing).

I think Cman used to use this trick because his horses would never fatigue.