Fear Itself, Introduction and Status. [<EX] Extinction

Topics related to Second Age
Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Introduction of New Old Player, 15 years ago. Hello Foru

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

FearItself wrote:Me and my 3 pack horses get it done lol. FI
This right here, made my day. Someone used pack horses for something other than raising stealing.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

just an FYI, if you are going to do IDOC's get a patio placed. you can drop the chests over the fence on the patio and they are safe and the house stays locked up tight. Mark a rune to the spot right next to patio fence. Then gate and you can drop off 5 chests worth before the gate goes down and needs recast. The chests can be over 400 stones, etc.

The downside is people at the IDOC can go through or dispel. Dispel isn't a big deal just recast. The location of your house can be if there are some vengeful reds.

The macro I use for training magery is:

if mana >=55 (it's a special construct, the number 55 will depend on your total INT and meditation skill)
Execute restock agent ( for the regs you need to cast, so you don't have much on you if you die)
absolute target (the container the big stack of regs are in)
pause 3.5 seconds (to allow for the restock)
Cast spell (dealers choice)
wait for target
target self
pause 1.5 seconds
else
use skill meditate
pause 10.1 seconds

it does a mana check. if your mana is to low it skips straight to meditation. It only restocks before a spell cast. Basically the whole time you are either meditating, casting, or restocking.

you want to set the mana level high enough you'll meditate all the time, but not so high you reach full mana when fizzling. This will minimize downtime. If you plan on Gm'ing med, you'll want to drop it low enough to be in the med "sweet spot". you'll be a tad slower gaining on magery, but you'll get good med gains as well.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:For your Tamer, i suggest deleting and remaking that char. start with 50 taming and use this guide.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23711
Lmao this is exactly what i will end up doing. i was going too fast lol. so i will not do Animal Taming on Fear Itself.. i have only been grinding his magery skills lately so no nig loss to provocation skills.

now back to Mage Bard lmao. sticking to it this time as well. thank you for the link, it will be used :)
Galendae wrote:
FearItself wrote:
So i spent the last 7 hours camping it, every one of my guild members fell asleep haha, right when servers shut down for maintenance and came back on the Idocs were collapsed and I was there with 1 other person I had never seen... a ninja haha.. but cool due to no PK... overall the looting of two small houses ended in less than 5 minutes. Me and my 3 pack horses get it done lol. But Sadly these 2 houses were loaded with crap, though a lot of magic items I have yet to ID.

I'll update tomorrow with some more info and update on my character progress.

Currently set up 2 grinds and going to sleep lol.
Gnight from FI

That*Ninja* was me at the 2 smalls that went idoc at server up. Had I known it was you, I would have welcomed you to the shard with a proper ganking. Damn, missed opportunity on my part. :evil:
haha you were very sneaky for me not to have seen u once over 7 hours. use different accounts? i had my entire guild there camping it.
also i dont think you were there lmao if you were you would have known i am a newb because when i saw u i was hidden... i typed and sent "NO FIGHTING" before i showed myself hahaha. idk if u were there and are the type to gank welcome, you woulda known i was easy meat lmao.

so far i have 4 looted idoc in 2 days.
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Galendae wrote:
That*Ninja* was me at the 2 smalls that went idoc at server up. Had I known it was you, I would have welcomed you to the shard with a proper ganking. Damn, missed opportunity on my part. :evil:

Those are big words for someone that doesn't know how to pvp and only collects rares. Maybe I'll camp your tower for a few weeks and continuously kill you until you rage quit??
lmfao i currently have a house with a PK near it, just moved in and he wrecked me 2 times lol it was fun in a Sad R.I.P sort of way.
when i make my pvp char ill exact revenge as it should be hahaha.
Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
FearItself wrote:Me and my 3 pack horses get it done lol. FI
This right here, made my day. Someone used pack horses for something other than raising stealing.
To be completely honest i thought every one else was slow minded not using pack horses lmao recalling 100 times like my first Idoc hahaha laughable. and then i found out about the gating technique, which makes my 3 pack mules completely obsolete, i transfered them to my brothers acct so they would annoy him during game play.
glad to be a cause of humor hahaha comic
morgan1109 wrote:just an FYI, if you are going to do IDOC's get a patio placed. you can drop the chests over the fence on the patio and they are safe and the house stays locked up tight. Mark a rune to the spot right next to patio fence. Then gate and you can drop off 5 chests worth before the gate goes down and needs recast. The chests can be over 400 stones, etc.

The downside is people at the IDOC can go through or dispel. Dispel isn't a big deal just recast. The location of your house can be if there are some vengeful reds.

The macro I use for training magery is:

if mana >=55 (it's a special construct, the number 55 will depend on your total INT and meditation skill)
Execute restock agent ( for the regs you need to cast, so you don't have much on you if you die)
absolute target (the container the big stack of regs are in)
pause 3.5 seconds (to allow for the restock)
Cast spell (dealers choice)
wait for target
target self
pause 1.5 seconds
else
use skill meditate
pause 10.1 seconds

it does a mana check. if your mana is to low it skips straight to meditation. It only restocks before a spell cast. Basically the whole time you are either meditating, casting, or restocking.

you want to set the mana level high enough you'll meditate all the time, but not so high you reach full mana when fizzling. This will minimize downtime. If you plan on Gm'ing med, you'll want to drop it low enough to be in the med "sweet spot". you'll be a tad slower gaining on magery, but you'll get good med gains as well.
thats great, my plan was to get a Patio house haha, right now i have 2 small houses, one as residence and one is brand new for vendor use and gold gain ect. my guild is growing nicely and we have some great players so i do have people to call for help when i absolutely need to.

i have tried this type of macro before but failed. i will do it as u describe right after i send this post, will hopefully have the macro working soon :)

[EDIT]--Started the macro and it worked all night perfectly, though I recently found out about the dangers of EarthQuake
In a small home lol, so I will need to add a safety for health, to be sure I don't kill myself during late night grinding.

Thank you all for your participation in my thread, i am getting used to the game an a bit of IRC chat. i will attempt to pm these whom said i could to ask advice ect :)

Fear Itself
Mage Bard Idoc'er lol

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The only time EQ kills is really when grinding a skill that causes you to take damage. There isn't much you can do. If they time the EQ to right before you cast you are done. These guys will sit for an hour or more casting until they get ya, heh heh. It's their version of whack a mole. The health check might keep you alive longer, but they will get you eventually.

You are better off finding a quiet neighborhood with nobody around. There's lots of small clearings south of Yew that have room for only a small so no neighbors on the screen. Nobody travels through that area unless they died in shame and don't have a character to gate them out, heh heh.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

morgan1109 wrote:The only time EQ kills is really when grinding a skill that causes you to take damage. There isn't much you can do. If they time the EQ to right before you cast you are done. These guys will sit for an hour or more casting until they get ya, heh heh. It's their version of whack a mole. The health check might keep you alive longer, but they will get you eventually.

You are better off finding a quiet neighborhood with nobody around. There's lots of small clearings south of Yew that have room for only a small so no neighbors on the screen. Nobody travels through that area unless they died in shame and don't have a character to gate them out, heh heh.
Haha yeah they have some .75 of a second of time to cast EQ and then have me FS myself lol what what a waste of time for the PK, if I am grinding I have several different things set to guarantee I never die :) so far I trolled Brady Quinn for a min outside my old house, I don't afk when I Grind lol, I can hear every fizzled or cast spell.

Safety measures lol, small houses are good for not much more than vendors.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

FearItself wrote:
morgan1109 wrote:The only time EQ kills is really when grinding a skill that causes you to take damage. There isn't much you can do. If they time the EQ to right before you cast you are done. These guys will sit for an hour or more casting until they get ya, heh heh. It's their version of whack a mole. The health check might keep you alive longer, but they will get you eventually.

Haha yeah they have some .75 of a second of time to cast EQ and then have me FS myself lol what what a waste of time for the PK, if I am grinding I have several different things set to guarantee I never die :) so far I trolled Brady Quinn for a min outside my old house, I don't afk when I Grind lol, I can hear every fizzled or cast spell.

Safety measures lol, small houses are good for not much more than vendors.

Brady Quinn sucks, don't mind that noob

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Lol had Him and TaxCollector at my old location. Since then I have gotten some gold and bought 3 new places and a residence. Quite comfortable now days haha.

I am rather happy with my mage as well, Summoned my first Daemon yesterday, as well as EV, but sadly the EV enjoyed my blood more than the enemy lol bad EV. My brother and I did our biggest hunt last night, 10k each in loot :). Currently have bank from Idocs lol, made 135k yesterday on reflect gear and another 101k today for invis items. Feeling rich lol

Magery is at 92 now ;) Master

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

EV’s are awesome. I use them to take down the ancient wyrm all the time. The trick is to cast the EV in a spot BEHIND the monster so the EV has to go through the monster to get to you. As soon as the EV touches the monster, a fight will break out and the EV won’t want your blood until the creature is dead. It doesn’t hurt to Para the monster the first few times you try this until you get the hang of working with the EV’s. It’s harder to mess it up if the monster isn’t moving. If the EV gets past the monster somehow start circling the monster (you better have a mount for this). Eventually they will cross paths and a fight will break out.

IDOC's can make you a million in a few hours if you hit the right one and nobody else has found it. It's essentially a players wealth stored up and becomes free for the taking. It's a lot easier to take someone's wealth that might have taken years to gather than spend the year doing it, heh heh.

It's not my gig though. I might go looking once a week for a half hour or so if I'm bored. I can't spend hours and hours a week just running around the countryside. I've got to many monsters to kill, to many skills to build, and to many PK's to irritate.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

I agree, all of my Idoc finding has been 100% luck, either hunting or adventuring then find stuff on the ground, a good friend NINA always seems to be at the IDOC I find too lol.

I love Idoc for the begining wealth, I don't want to get spoiled with them either, hunting and farming is still my source of gold and adventure lol. But it is Hella fun to have your whole guild smash a Idoc in less than 5 minutes then meet at the bank to discuss the glory lol.

As for EV and Daemons I am going through my idoc scrolls and going to get all EV+Daemon scrolls for my next hunt. I use BS a lot in big hunts, so I am pretty used to the run around haha, if I cast EV I am usually going to cast Invis right after to be sure it goes after the Mon and not me :)

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Are you the one Sterling was trying to skype with? After he told you he loved you, followed by "are you a girl"?
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Boondock_Saint wrote:Are you the one Sterling was trying to skype with? After he told you he loved you, followed by "are you a girl"?
Lmfao no and yes?
In short he looked up my Kik messenger but failed to enter the right name and got some 20 year old dizzy looking blonde hahaha, the Skype was previous to all of that confusion, we were also camping an idoc at the time with a bunch of people.

Either way I laughed my arse off when he asked then said i looked like a blonde chick, thought he was talking to NINA hahaha ahh online communication failure, proceed to manual override

Status update
95.2magery. GM soon ;)

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Rather than invis, I would cast a dispel. That way if things get totally messed up, you can send him away before he kills you. He likes blue blood and he’s pretty lazy. It’s much better to taunt him and get him angry. Then you can get him to accidently lash out at the gray and do your bidding.

Dancing with an EV is one of the funner aspects of the game. It’s like having your own personal red PK following you around trying to kill you all the time. You just need to redirect his anger properly to get him to work for you.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

morgan1109 wrote:Rather than invis, I would cast a dispel. That way if things get totally messed up, you can send him away before he kills you. He likes blue blood and he’s pretty lazy. It’s much better to taunt him and get him angry. Then you can get him to accidently lash out at the gray and do your bidding.

Dancing with an EV is one of the funner aspects of the game. It’s like having your own personal red PK following you around trying to kill you all the time. You just need to redirect his anger properly to get him to work for you.
Haha you are quite right, I tested my invis theory out lastnight and it is a waste of either spell scrolls or regs, the EV must have dispelled my invis because it kept coming haha. Got the kite technique down, worst part is when newb friends run into it and expect you to save their arse, low mana from the cast then need to cure and heal is no fun haha. Create your own enemy by EV misuse haha. So far I only almost died 1 time from my own EV, almost killed team mates a few more times lol. That is what mounts are for :)

Status Update:
Fears magery is now 96.5
Leafs Anatomy GM lastnight 100!

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

you are coming along nicely. Keep it up!
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

FearItself wrote:
morgan1109 wrote:Rather than invis, I would cast a dispel. That way if things get totally messed up, you can send him away before he kills you. He likes blue blood and he’s pretty lazy. It’s much better to taunt him and get him angry. Then you can get him to accidently lash out at the gray and do your bidding.

Haha you are quite right, I tested my invis theory out lastnight and it is a waste of either spell scrolls or regs, the EV must have dispelled my invis because it kept coming haha. Got the kite technique down, worst part is when newb friends run into it and expect you to save their arse, low mana from the cast then need to cure and heal is no fun haha. Create your own enemy by EV misuse haha. So far I only almost died 1 time from my own EV, almost killed team mates a few more times lol. That is what mounts are for :)

Status Update:
Fears magery is now 96.5
Leafs Anatomy GM lastnight 100!

if you are getting attacked by the EV while you are invisible you are probably still attacking it via wrestling/autoattack. As soon as your invisibility kicks in, toggle your combat on and off (tab button) and you'll stop attacking the EV and this will keep you hidden