Fear Itself, Introduction and Status. [<EX] Extinction

Topics related to Second Age
FearItself

Fear Itself, Introduction and Status. [<EX] Extinction

Post by FearItself »

:D
Hail UO Forum Members :)

I am a old player from 15 years ago, my brother just found the game again and started playing, so 5 days ago I came back to UO!

Since I am re learning the game I am looking for any and all advice and in game help I can get, currently my brother and I play the free version... we are in a guild [EXT] who are helpful.

my first main is a Archer/Bard but more of a test subject. My now main character is a Mage/Bard and much better planned lol.

thank you all for reading and I hope to make friends as well as get some progress going :)

Current Plan and Skills:
GMs- (Detail With Real Stat Not Shown Stat)

1. Magery:
(@65.0 Currently grinding /w Meditation. May add Eval Intel/Music.) [EDIT GM]

2. Eval Int:
(@44.7 not very high so I don't kill myself while grinding, couldn't figure out the macro for mage grind at bank. Grinding / w Magery/Wrestling/Provoke/Taming.) [EDIT GM]

3. Meditation:
(@34.3 Grinding /w Magery/Provoke/Taming/Wrestle. Magery Grinding at my house, using macro with Energy Bolt self target and a Bot Healer.) [EDIT 89]

4. Provocation:
(@51.7 Grinding /w Music/Med/Eval. Grinding at home using my horse trapped.) [EDIT GM]

5. Musicianship:
(@61.6 Grinding /w Provocation) [EDIT GM]

6. Animal Taming:
(@30.9 Grinding with Med/Eval/Music depending on which I need most.) [EDIT PROVOCATION. GM]

7. Wrestling:
(@27.9 Grinding /w Eval/Med/Music depending on which I need most.) [EDIT 90]

So i am not sure how to grind Wrestling best and Animal Taming, but I will be looking though forums while I wait a redone here haha.

thanks
~FI
Last edited by FearItself on Sat May 23, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Introduction of New Old Player, 15 years ago. Hello Foru

Post by Galendae »

Welcome!

Prepare for pain. Trust nobody. Expect the worst. Everything you get you will earn and then someone will take it from you.

Enjoy.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

For your Tamer, i suggest deleting and remaking that char. start with 50 taming and use this guide.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23711
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

:D glad to see new players if you or yor brother need any thing feel free to pm me here or on irc
irc axejunkie

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Welcome!! Housing is dirt cheap, so hard up some gold and buy a nice patio to get Rollin
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Galendae wrote:Welcome!

Prepare for pain. Trust nobody. Expect the worst. Everything you get you will earn and then someone will take it from you.

Enjoy.
Haha I expected this but it is the opposite, not once PK'ed, and or stolen from haha, lots of gifts and helpful people. Even some that are said to be evil have been nice. Thanks for the welcome ;)
WarmApplepie wrote:Welcome!! Housing is dirt cheap, so hard up some gold and buy a nice patio to get Rollin
Currently my brother and I have saved up for a small house in a spot that allows a much bigger house, currently training Taming and such for gold profits to continue Magery ect.
Thanks for the welcome! Any advice of getting gold is excellent!!
nevermind wrote::D glad to see new players if you or yor brother need any thing feel free to pm me here or on irc
Thanks and I will definitely do that, I use a phone app called kik for game chats, Cirrus_N is my Username... but I will contact you soon :)

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

So far the hardest thing I am finding to do is get enough Regs to help grind Magery, gold is definitely not in vast supply right now lol!

Will be running 3 accounts as I sleep to grind and hopefully get some gold flowing soon :)

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:For your Tamer, i suggest deleting and remaking that char. start with 50 taming and use this guide.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23711
Thank you very much for this link, I will make a new char just for this purpose lol. But currently I will have to replace Animal Taming with something else.. I have built this char from info gathered online so idk.. but I intend for it to be good and have put enough time into it where I don't want to delete it haha.

What would be a good replacement for Animal Taming?

I honestly just want a good setup haha figure I am just learning for now.. but my interest is obviously Mage+Bard+wrestle style :P

If some one helps me make this character I'll use it in your guild and can gurantee payback haha I love this damn game :)

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

If you have provo you don’t really need taming. You’ve got “pets” everywhere there are two mobs and these pets don’t require constant feeding/commands/gate avoidance (enticers).

Provo is free and easy to raise which makes it ideal starting out. Just park him at moonglow zoo and provo one of the animals onto you as you sleep/work.

Your bank mage macro should look something like this:
Restock macro
Pause 2 seconds
If mana >=50
Cast spell of choice
Else
Meditate
Pause 10.1 seconds

It restocks a few regs from the bank box, so if someone kills or steals from you they don’t get much. It checks your mana to make sure you are at or above the zone for ideal meditation gains (120 less your shown skill in magery) is what value you want it set at. It will raise both. You’ll find it’s actually much faster to train magery if you do drunken meditation for a day to get it into the high 90’s or GM.

Once you spend a couple days at moonglow with your bard, you’ll find you can farm dragons or just about anything really with your bard. He can make the starting cash you need to buy the regs to GM. Cyclops valley, wyvern island, destard, and fire temple are all good locations. They are all PK heavy areas, so make sure you have your recall macro hotkeyed. Fire Temple is probably the most dangerous but fastest cash. Go to the other places first though so your skills are solid.

Have fun. It’s a great game with great people (mostly). Hop on IRC when you need some quick advice (link is above at top of forum). You’ll see a lot of references to bodily and things to do with them, but someone helpful will see your request and get you the information you need. When you first join type “/nick (your name here)”. It will change your handle in IRC from something generic to whatever you want it to be.

Almost forgot your note on wrestling. For wrestling/tactics/weapon skill training, the single best way is to go to jhelom or deluccia and rent a fighter. Gate them to your house. Box them in a corner. Tell them to “all guard me” then attack them. You’ve got a healer bot already, have him heal one or both. The best methods involve getting the rented fighter to stop attacking you so the healer only needs to worry about healing one target. There’s an invis method that is a bit tricky to set up and requires enough magery to cast invis. I prefer the run method for new people. It’s much simpler. Once you attack them run out of the house until the fighter is just off screen. If the fighter is still attacking you when you get back, you didn’t run far enough. If you are no longer attacking the fighter you ran to far. If you ran the right amount as soon as you get back in melee range you will be attacking the fighter, and the fighter won’t be attacking you. Just set up a heal macro on the fighter and stock a lot of bandies, then go watch a movie, heh heh.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Brules

Post by Brules »

$$$ Has free temp housing for new players so they can get started on the shard! PM Me if you are interested!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Welcome to Second Age!

Flag me down if you have any questions.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Thank you all for the replies and generosity.
This is my second night up until 7 am in the morning waiting for Idoc houses haha!

Last night I went taming, my guild leader and member joined, we tamed mad amounts of timber wolves and came across a Idoc tower that just collapsed, thus the loot insanity started. We 3 looted the majority of the goods, and then invited other players to help clean up the land haha.

I ended up with 10k each reg.. 52k cut cloth.. and many other various items.

By the way I need to sell this cut cloth so I may get a nice house lol. If you can contact me with an offer I'll love to negotiate a price ;)

Tonight our entire guild went out looking for Idoc, some found a nice PK camp and some found 2 Idoc houses haha In Danger OS Collapsing is great.

So i spent the last 7 hours camping it, every one of my guild members fell asleep haha, right when servers shut down for maintenance and came back on the Idocs were collapsed and I was there with 1 other person I had never seen... a ninja haha.. but cool due to no PK... overall the looting of two small houses ended in less than 5 minutes. Me and my 3 pack horses get it done lol. But Sadly these 2 houses were loaded with crap, though a lot of magic items I have yet to ID.

I'll update tomorrow with some more info and update on my character progress.

Currently set up 2 grinds and going to sleep lol.
Gnight from FI

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Current Skills of Fear Itself, Mage Tamer. Real Skill Not Shown skill:
•Magery: 81.0
•Evaluating Intelligence: 75.4
•Meditation: 45.1
•Resisting Spells: 46.8
•Wrestling: 29.5
•Animal Taming: 32.3
•Animal Lore: 44.5
Str/Dex/Int: 91/25/100

The plan is to grind Magery and Eval Intel until either GM or very close, then wrestling+Resist ... and Animal Taming will be the last due to it being so hard to do lol. Should be doing Flamestrike Grind by this evening :)

I am in need of advice for a better Magery Macro with my Heal Bot.
Heal Bot=
•Healing: 69.3
•Anatomy: 84.0

Currently my magery macro is very newbie..:
-Pause 18 sec
-Cast Spell E Bolt
-wait for target
-target Self
-Use Skill: Meditation
-Pause 5 Sec
-Use Skill Meditation
(Set this up after camping Idoc for 7 hours so was tired)

Current Heal Bot Macro:
-Pause 7 Sec
-Double. Click Bandaids
-Wait for target
-Absolute target
-Use Skill: Anatomy
-Wait for target
-Absolute Target
-Pause 6 Sec
-Double Click Bandaids
-Wait for target
-Absolute target

Both were set up when I was super tired so I am dang sure they can be more progressive/effective another way.

Any advice on Mage+Heal Bot Macro would be Awesome Possum!

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

FearItself wrote:
So i spent the last 7 hours camping it, every one of my guild members fell asleep haha, right when servers shut down for maintenance and came back on the Idocs were collapsed and I was there with 1 other person I had never seen... a ninja haha.. but cool due to no PK... overall the looting of two small houses ended in less than 5 minutes. Me and my 3 pack horses get it done lol. But Sadly these 2 houses were loaded with crap, though a lot of magic items I have yet to ID.

Gnight from FI

That*Ninja* was me at the 2 smalls that went idoc at server up. Had I known it was you, I would have welcomed you to the shard with a proper ganking. Damn, missed opportunity on my part. :evil:

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Galendae wrote:
FearItself wrote:

Gnight from FI

That*Ninja* was me at the 2 smalls that went idoc at server up. Had I known it was you, I would have welcomed you to the shard with a proper ganking. Damn, missed opportunity on my part. :evil:

Those are big words for someone that doesn't know how to pvp and only collects rares. Maybe I'll camp your tower for a few weeks and continuously kill you until you rage quit??