Yew Sheep Pen / Guard-Line Patio! [Ends48hrsFromLastHighBid]

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

tiredat52

Re: Yew Sheep Pen / Guard-Line Patio! [Ends48hrsFromLastHigh

Post by tiredat52 »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
priaprism wrote:
If you don't want to pay the 2.51, fine, I'll honor my highest bet. But saying you are going to bid lower now, lol, no no no...

It's all yours. It's unfortunate that you won't be able to use it while I'm online.
There you have it. This punk ass bitch should not be able to use trade forums.
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

priaprism

Post by priaprism »

priaprism wrote:
If you don't want to pay the 2.51, fine, I'll honor my highest bet. But saying you are going to bid lower now, lol, no no no...

It's all yours. It's unfortunate that you won't be able to use it while I'm online.

Okay, I'm confused. Dunder, you bid it up and now you say you can't pay the price? I'll be totally honest here, I want the house and I love the location, however I feel like you bid me up and by not fulfilling your bet, it's a bit of a penalty for me to pay so much for the house. I'm definitely not saying I won't buy it or honor my bid. I am at my family's house now, so I've been checking from my phone throughout the day. I also looked at some other sell posts in housing and noticed you underbidding a house value with a small deed, trolling, cursing folks, etc. I have no issue with a little trash talking, but, if you're simply trolling here to bid me up and then I drop out and now you don't pay, is it fair for me (or anyone else you bid against) to be held accountable for the amount we bid against you? Or should the auction start over? I'll leave that up to Bixby. Honestly, I can do either way, but I really feel like giving this person the ability to bid up on this auction or any other future auction should be revoked.

Also, Dunder, you say you're gonna make me quit the server, correct? Just making sure I have all my facts straight.

So, as a recap. I think we all called it long before Dunder pulled his little stunt. I even talked to Bixby on IRC and PM saying I doubt he would pay it and I doubt he has it.
I'm okay with whatever Bixby says he wants to do, I definitely want this house (even with the imminent threat of Dunder hunting me). But again, I'm a man of my word, so I'll let Bixby decide.

A. Make me pay the highest bid I had as a result of Dunder's betting (I think we can all agree considerably higher than it should have gone soley because of someone who doesn't have the ability to pay it.
B. Let me buy it for the highest bid I had before Dunder started trolling with his bids.
C. Completely clear the post and start a new auction with a SB/BO/End time (within reason for the seller, it's difficult to predict, but Minimum Bidding amounts.

Again, let it be knows, I will do A. if Bixby really thinks it's fair. I would also be fine with B and with C. I think of all the options, C would be fairer to any other bidders, knowing that a troll isn't artificially inflating the value of this house and then dumping.

Bixby, up to you man, thanks for trying to make this right.

That being said, I'll leave it up to Bixby. You can either

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

priaprism wrote:LOL! I can't believe you let me run you up this high!

I'm officially bowing out of the auction for this. Dwight, enjoy your 2.51 MIL patio, lol!

In regards to your post above this one, read your own quote here. This is what started the whole thing. YOUR ass is the one that bid it up and you even admit it you moron.

And yes, I will make you quit. Watch and see.

priaprism

Post by priaprism »

I'm officially bowing out of the auction for this. Dwight, enjoy your 2.51 MIL patio, lol!

In regards to your post above this one, read your own quote here. This is what started the whole thing. YOUR ass is the one that bid it up and you even admit it you moron.

I'm really sorry, but I'm still confused. Maybe it's the grammar you are using.

Anyway, as I said, you can't pay, but I can. I never bid outside my means, which you obviously did. I can't wait to see you make me quit UO due to grief. This should be very educational.... Seriously, that's why I love UO and always have, it allows people to be who they want to be... in this case, you're choosing the role of a D Bag (after reading several threads in which you posted). Okay, so no more back and forth with you, Dunder. It's clear you never could pay.

Bixby, Just send me a PM please and let me know what you decide to do. I'm good with any decision, obviously have my preference based on what we now know about Dunder and his personality and lack of funds/trolling.

Thanks!

Again, sorry everyone for bringing so much drama to this thread.

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

TBH, Myself and others wanted to bid on house and all of a sudden it became a grudge match between the two of you. (Which is perfectly fine) however I think Dunder should pay or Mods step in on this.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

and then and then and then he said mods!!!!!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

There are two scenarios here.

1. Dunder was bidding priaprism up with no intention of buying and got his bluff called. Dunder still had last bid and should pay. He rode it out for quite a while and could have quit bidding several times.

2. priaprism was bidding up Dunder and ducked out when he chose. Nothing wrong with bidding up as long as you realize if your bluff is called you pay up.

The seller had nothing to do with any of this and yet he is the one that is getting screwed through no fault of his own. The auction was sabotaged and time has been wasted by Dunder now refusing to pay. Other interested parties time was wasted as well.

Solution: Dunder....... pay the man or be known as a deadbeat troll.

Bixby may want mods in on this....wouldn't blame him if he reported.
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

priaprism

Post by priaprism »

Yeah unfortunately I think this is the best option now... if you want to restart another auction for it I would be okay with it..... I still want it but feel like others didn't get a fair chance to bid based on Dunder's trolling :( again I'm good with anything at this point.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The bottom line is if Dunder doesn't honor his bid, the tool's ability to bid on the forums should be revoked. Everything else is up to Bixby. Priaprism you seem like a class act. You are offering more than should be expected in this situation. I hope I have the honor of meeting you in game sometime.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

UPDATE: Hail everyone. So Dunder has confirmed to me that he will not honor his highest bid of 2.51 million for this patio.

I am trying to keep up to date with all the postings here, but in the mean time I am touching base and making some communication to all interested parties. Unfortunately, real life is keeping me from giving this house deal the full attention it deserves at this time. I just got home from work, and I have to be up in less than 5 hours to work again.

What I am going to do is dedicate time tomorrow afternoon (sometime after say 5pm eastern Tuesday) to consider what my next action will be.

The end result will likely be a re-listing of this auction with the understanding that any bids made by Dunder will be considered null and void.

I thank all interested parties for your input and sincere bids. Please have patience with me for my schedule, and know that I will handle this to the best of my ability. I will update this post tomorrow (Tuesday afternoon) when I have another update.

Thank you,

Bixby

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Bixby Legbone wrote:UPDATE: Hail everyone. So Dunder has confirmed to me that he will not honor his highest bid of 2.51 million for this patio.

I am trying to keep up to date with all the postings here, but in the mean time I am touching base and making some communication to all interested parties. Unfortunately, real life is keeping me from giving this house deal the full attention it deserves at this time. I just got home from work, and I have to be up in less than 5 hours to work again.

What I am going to do is dedicate time tomorrow afternoon (sometime after say 5pm eastern Tuesday) to consider what my next action will be.

The end result will likely be a re-listing of this auction with the understanding that any bids made by Dunder will be considered null and void.

I thank all interested parties for your input and sincere bids. Please have patience with me for my schedule, and know that I will handle this to the best of my ability. I will update this post tomorrow (Tuesday afternoon) when I have another update.

Thank you,

Bixby

I don't see how you would consider re-listing this and not allowing ME to bid again when pria was the one who admitted IN THE POST that he ran the price up on purpose, not me. Just doesn't make any logical sense to me. He said he would honor his last bid so give it to him at that rate. If not, seems to me like you were in on it the whole time...

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:I don't see how you would consider re-listing this and not allowing ME to bid again when pria was the one who admitted IN THE POST that he ran the price up on purpose, not me. Just doesn't make any logical sense to me. He said he would honor his last bid so give it to him at that rate. If not, seems to me like you were in on it the whole time...
See this is why i think you're 14... Why would it be fair to make Pria pay 2.5mil? If you weren't really bidding because you wanted it (this is obvious because you refused to pay at the end) then all your bids would be invalidated. That sets the bidding back to 750k. Best option would be to restart the auction and keep the kids out.

These are basic concepts man... Be a boy of your word and pay what you owe or stfu. Why aren't you banned from the trade forum yet?
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

i have a solution sell it to me for the deed price and wash your hands of dealing with this bix
irc axejunkie

priaprism

Post by priaprism »

Bixby Legbone wrote:UPDATE: Hail everyone. So Dunder has confirmed to me that he will not honor his highest bid of 2.51 million for this patio.

Thank you,

Bixby

I don't see how you would consider re-listing this and not allowing ME to bid again when pria was the one who admitted IN THE POST that he ran the price up on purpose, not me. Just doesn't make any logical sense to me. He said he would honor his last bid so give it to him at that rate. If not, seems to me like you were in on it the whole time...

Dunder, this is what sucks about this whole process. You are basically saying that I should pay inflated prices that you never intended on making good on (obviously, you can't pay this price). I have the gold and have offered to verify it with you at the bank of your choosing. Who knows, the price might be even higher at this point, as this auction has gotten a TON of PR based on you and your trolling bets.

Oh, and me saying I ran it up on you, that is 100% true. Running up the price on someone is a common thing in auction. The difference here is, I was fully intending on paying. I just got tired of you min-raising the bid, making it like .5% higher than my sizeable bids. So yeah, after you did it the 10th time, I dropped it on you. You can't pay. I could. You should have never been in the auction at that price knowing that you couldn't pay. What was your goal here? Just make it expensive?

Hopefully this will be a lesson to you and you will stop trolling auctions with no intention to pay up.

Bixby, I understand, let me know when you decide to relist it.

Sorry again everyone, this was way more drama filled than I ever expected.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Dwight K Schrute would never act in such a fashion. He would suck it up and pay the Bixby then:

1. Relist in a month at $2.5 Mil.
2. “Sell” it to his ALT at $2.75 Mil.
3. Have his ALT relist it in a month at $2.75 Mil.

Basically he would create a false sale to set the price of the property and hope to resell at a slight profit. He would distance the dunder name from the sale, etc. He would likely promote it as a bed and breakfast on a working sheep farm (the beet farm is to far south to reference).

You sir are a disgrace to your favorite avatar. The age reference is likely accurate as you can’t seem to fathom the difference between Pria’s actions and your own. Bixby is absolutely justified in refusing to accept your bids. In fact if the mods don’t step in, I think the community needs too. If I see you posting on any more sales, I’ll be sure to reference this thread and warn the seller not to accept your bids. Hopefully he doesn’t end up being the only one who doesn’t accept your bids. I surely won’t.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Housing”