An Easy Kill

Topics related to Second Age
Jacobmd

An Easy Kill

Post by Jacobmd »

I was pked in Destard tonight which really brought back some good old memories, but I have a question to ask the system:

Is it common to call the the person you just easily killed a f*g multiple times?

I was in middle school and high school when this game came out, so I know we all talked that way then because we were "hardcore". However, is this how adults are talking on this server? Seems like since most of us are probably late 20s to early 30s, one would expect we could kill someone and not have to have such pointless language directed at the person. Especially when I didn't even put up a fight and had nothing but the 2k in gold I looted from provoking three dragons.

I am sure a lot of us on this server get to play for 2 hours a week when our kids actually go to bed on time, so lets all have fun and not be so brutal with the language. It makes you look trashy and takes away a lot of the fun.

I am all for griefing and pking, but extremely derogatory language isn't needed.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: An Easy Kill

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

This reminds me of a thread we had recently. While I agree with you, I imagine it will turn into a shit sammich and shipped off to the trash talk section. But here's hoping it doesn't.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Post the name of the person who does this if it happens again. We do have a few kids here that are definitely capable of that, we also have a few mentally unstable vets that do this as well.

Name names so justice may be brought upon their souls.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Jacobmd wrote:
Is it common to call the the person you just easily killed a f*g multiple times?
Unfortunately, it has become common practice among a few PKs to do this. There are respectful ones. And then there are not.
Jacobmd wrote: I am sure a lot of us on this server get to play for 2 hours a week when our kids actually go to bed on time, so lets all have fun and not be so brutal with the language. It makes you look trashy and takes away a lot of the fun.
Doesn't it? Could you imagine anyone ever saying this to you in real life or in front of their kids? The anonymity that a computer screen provides is too much for some people.
Jacobmd wrote: I am all for griefing and pking, but extremely derogatory language isn't needed.
There are those that claim "it's part of the game. If you can't handle it, leave but give me your stuff first."

I'm not saying this server is all bad. It's actually a small percentage of people who act this way. But I will agree that it's a shame that people cannot act properly after a victory, especially one that was easily won, or after a loss.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Tip:
Leave IRC open 24/7 and whenever someone PKs you, your first response should to be shouting "blah blah blah killed me @ blah blah blah!!!" and watch some good PvPers come in and roll them.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

It was probably Matthew G. Sims.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

I want to relive my teen years and pretend to be a bard/wizard while my kids are sleeping... I just can't wrap my head around someone reliving their teen years pking with teen-year remarks.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Believe it or not, there are many players here (and on the other freeshards) who have never played or barely touched OSI. Not everyone is playing to "relive nostalgia", granted a sizable portion of the population does play for that reason.
^

RichIX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RichIX »

Capitalist wrote:Tip:
Leave IRC open 24/7 and whenever someone PKs you, your first response should to be shouting "blah blah blah killed me @ blah blah blah!!!" and watch some good PvPers come in and roll them.
This.

I get killed in Destard at least twice a week, currently training lockpicking. When I die im never bothered few regs and an id wand but do find it hilarious to watch the chaos ensue when real vets recall in and they are scrambling for the recall.

I remember being pked by Pink Boots never died as fast! Just ignore the idiots and carry on.
GM Lockpicker at your Service