Lag

Topics related to Second Age
The Gods

Lag

Post by The Gods »

Has anyone else been lagging a lot fucking more than usual? idk if its my internet cuz they supposedly came and fixed it cuz it was fucked up...was fine up until 2 days ago or so again...keep lagging out and sometimes lose connection...this happening to anyone else?

slyyoungstar

Re: Lag

Post by slyyoungstar »

I haven't had dropped connections like some people have mentioned, but I've definitely been lagging more recently. I'm moving today, so I'll be testing multiple connections by the end of the weekend to see if it's me or not.

FrindleBabin

Post by FrindleBabin »

Definitely lagging like crazy, almost every action has a 3-10 second delay, and I'm at work on a very fast connection. Not sure whats up, but I've been noticing this more and more for the last couple weeks. I never actually lose my connection though, just lots of lag.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

I don't believe it is actually server lag it's happening to me also a bit, but i've noticed if you log out instantly and relog you are fine so thats why i say its not actually the server .

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I've spoken to Anarcho about this before, we suspect it's network related. We've been in/are in talks with Derrick with some solutions that we can get implemented. New hardware/host is something we're considering. It's believed that we can get a better set of hardware for the same cost we're paying now anyway, so it's a no brainer to move anyway :)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I've been lagging also but as noted above I can relog and i'll be fine. It sucks when you are digging up a level 5 treasure chest though, heh heh. Thankfully we have second accounts here so I could get a rez, regs, and a lute to him so he could get things under control and loot his corpse:)
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Apoc wrote:I don't believe it is actually server lag it's happening to me also a bit, but i've noticed if you log out instantly and relog you are fine so thats why i say its not actually the server .
yup ive done this a few times and have let me log right back in...few times tho it doesnt and then crashes and gotta close in task menu

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:I've spoken to Anarcho about this before, we suspect it's network related. We've been in/are in talks with Derrick with some solutions that we can get implemented. New hardware/host is something we're considering. It's believed that we can get a better set of hardware for the same cost we're paying now anyway, so it's a no brainer to move anyway :)
agree :)