Accpting Unwanted Weapons and Armor

Buying/Selling Magic Armor/Weapons/Items

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Brokkr

Accpting Unwanted Weapons and Armor

Post by Brokkr »

Ive seen lots of unwanted (crappy) weapons and armor laying around... everywhere.
Instead of leaving it on the ground or throwing it away.
If youd just put them in a container, and notify me via IRC or forum msg, or even in game.
Ill come by, get them and be on my way.
I plan on just smelting/cutting everything down, which may or may not motivate others to do the same.
And no, I dont sell ingots or leather, but will be using them to craft other items.
Either way, if you feel like helping out, just gimme a shout, and Ill take the unwanted wares off your hands.
All Metal Armor
All Leather Armor
All Metal Weapons

Thank you for your participation!
Brokkr - The Dwarven Metal Worker

FORMERLY: MortiKi

Image Image

Treysta

Re: Accpting Unwanted Weapons and Armor

Post by Treysta »

Typically these piles of weapons, armor, and jewelry are dumped by mappers/pickers. They dump them because smelting them would affect their bottom line in terms of gold per hour. If they thought they would make more gold doing so, most of them would vendor/smelt the items themselves.

I don't see people donating you trash items for that reason--the effort required to box them, store them, and gate you to their house defeats the purpose of why they drop them in the first place: to save time and get more maps in.

Opportunity cost is very real in UO, and it's part of the way I've made all my gold. You could probably buy twice the ingots/leather you'd get from collecting trash by spending 5 minutes at EGs with a couple dragons.

That being said, I wish you luck with this, I'm sure some farmers wouldn't mind helping you out, but that's exactly what they'd be doing.

PS: The Merchant Association doesn't exist anymore (tl;dr it was not well-received by the community), and you were never in it when it did exist. Putting that badge in your signature makes you look ridiculous.
^

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Treysta wrote:Typically these piles of weapons, armor, and jewelry are dumped by mappers/pickers. They dump them because smelting them would affect their bottom line in terms of gold per hour. If they thought they would make more gold doing so, most of them would vendor/smelt the items themselves.
only fools do this!, vendor sell bag should be set and used, there are only a few items that cannot be sold and there are a few towns you can run the mage/tailor/smith/provisioner to empty a full bag in about a minute flat. This is where a large chunk of the gold is.

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

i mainly meant, give me a heads up if you drop a shit ton of stuff off at the bank, and Ill come grab it.
or if you already have it bagged up, let me know, and ill come get it...

Treysta, not sure whats happened to you the past few months, but youve become a dick.
And I was in The Merchants Association, when it existed ..
so HA! ..

Image Image

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Brokkr wrote:And I was in The Merchants Association, when it existed ..
so HA! ..
Hi Brokkr. It seems you've been doing some fibbing! (I could get used to this)

You see, I was the person who created the most recent iteration of Merchant's Association. I was also the person solely responsible for maintaining the roster of individuals that were in it.

If you could please point out where on that roster list your name is, perhaps this matter could be cleared up quickly and I'll offer you a staunch apology.

PS: I'm not a dick. I'm brutally honest, and I call people out for their shitty behavior--like lying and engaging in shady trade practices. If someone feels as though I'm being a "dick" to them, chances are high that their behavior is shitty. Check me out on IRC or in game sometime, I'm literally ALWAYS helping people in some way or another.
Last edited by Treysta on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Sultan of Swing wrote:only fools do this!
The time spent recalling (even automated) around town selling various types of armor/weapons/jewelry is wasted time if you're farming for profit. Period.

In the time it takes you to sell a single bag of goods to various vendors throughout town, you could kill 8 liches at Cove, several EGs, or even bang out a lower level tmap. All of these options, in addition to TONS of others, generate higher gold per hour (or in this case, gold per minute) than selling the items to vendors.

If you take the time to ID the items, you can get more gold, but you waste even more time.

If you sort the items into specific item types to speed up the vendoring process, you're delving into further logistical issues such as vendors running out of gold (in contrast with selling a variety of items simultaneously).

Using all the parts of the buffalo is a strategy that only works when resources are not abundant. In Ultima Online, resources are infinitely generated.
^

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

Im referring to the comments you make .. having noting to do with calling anyone out or anything, or helping anyone .. just dickish behavior, as of late..
and not towards me or anyone in particular, just in general ..
and i already stated in IRC, that this name wasnt apart of the association, but I was..
so no, i havent been doing any fibbing!
we were actually pretty tight back in the day .. but when I came back, your attitude along with others was different so I didnt bother stating who I was..
only a handful know who I was...

Image Image

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

And as for the items Im referring to .. they will be instantly smelted/cut, during times that I wouldnt be hunting/gathering ...
Its not a service Im trying to set up or anything .. just bored and trying to put some unwanted junk to use...

Image Image

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Brokkr is Mortiki. Mortiki is Brokkr. Finkle is Einhorn.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Chill out Trey... UO is supposed to be for fun! Lol
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I could say the same thing for some of your recent posts Abyz :P

You should know better than anybody the forums are just for funsies.
^

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

lol .. Im glad you guys are having so much fun finding out my old identity .. lol
not sure how it matters, considering I didnt have bad blood with anyone or anything when leaving...

anywho .. GOOD TIMES!

No hard feelings treysta .. just callin 'em like i see 'em ..

Image Image

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Treysta wrote:
Sultan of Swing wrote:only fools do this!
The time spent recalling (even automated) around town selling various types of armor/weapons/jewelry is wasted time if you're farming for profit. Period.

In the time it takes you to sell a single bag of goods to various vendors throughout town, you could kill 8 liches at Cove, several EGs, or even bang out a lower level tmap. All of these options, in addition to TONS of others, generate higher gold per hour (or in this case, gold per minute) than selling the items to vendors.

If you take the time to ID the items, you can get more gold, but you waste even more time.

If you sort the items into specific item types to speed up the vendoring process, you're delving into further logistical issues such as vendors running out of gold (in contrast with selling a variety of items simultaneously).

Using all the parts of the buffalo is a strategy that only works when resources are not abundant. In Ultima Online, resources are infinitely generated.
sorry but your very wrong, this has got nothing to do with gold per hour ratios, it's part of the process of doing t-maps/chests, your already at the bank, banking gold. you have a bag full of junk, no sorting required. so you simply run and sell, no recals needed. There is no mob in the game you can match the gold you can from those 60 seconds. fact.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Elk Eater wrote:Brokkr is Mortiki. Mortiki is Brokkr. Finkle is Einhorn.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Sultan of Swing wrote:sorry but your very wrong
Stopped here. Please learn how to spell if you're going to call someone else wrong.

NPCing items is not a "part of the process" of doing maps and chests. It only becomes a part of the process if you don't understand extremely basic economic principles that were probably taught to you in high school.
Last edited by Treysta on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^