The Daily Planet - Issue #1

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Daily Planet - Issue #1

Post by Clark_Kent »

Greetings Citizens! I am Clark Kent, Chief Editor of the Daily Planet Newspaper, T2A's premier source for the latest gossip, news, and entertainment!

We have reports in of mysterious town criers bemoaning the dangers of thieves appearing in Vesper. These sporadic reports started a frenzy after the possible theft of a castle (the Vesper Guards refused to comment; however there was an excellent ad lib rap-off between Citizen weedsmoke and a guard by the name of Lorenzo); as the news spread of the deed, we took to the rumor mill to ask Citizens how they felt about this purported feat and here's what one Citizen had to say on the matter: "Holy shit thats a big score." While another Citizen wasn't so excited to hear about this theft and called for the thief to "return it to Ashen Shugar, who's really not that bad of a guy I don't think, and who probably cried himself to sleep that night." Whatever your feelings are on the matter, all we can say is it appears that some generous philanthropy has resulted in the generous contribution to the founding of both The Daily Planet and the Society for Chivalry and the Bardic Arts.

The Kingdom of Brittania Public Ordinance Enforcement Committee has asked us that we help inform players that they must hold permits for all non-service based animals (service animals being mounts as well as pack animals) or they risk being fined by the committee. The KBPOEC would also like to remind you all to be courteous to your fellow Citizens and help keep Britannia clean by using the proper disposal facilities for all completed treasure maps.

Finally, we would like to thank the following sponsors for making this article possible:
The Society for Chivalry and the Bardic Arts
The City of Turtle Bay (The Daily Planet can be found here, forward all other inquires to Clark Kent)
The City of Vesper
The City of Skara Brae
As well as many other anonymous Citizens!

The Daily Planet.jpg
Last edited by Clark_Kent on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Daily Planet - Issue #1

Post by chumbucket »

Great location!

bubu

Post by bubu »

rofl, you really choose very "i'm from 1-2-3 channel on ZCV network" name =)))
interesting how modern news will exist in UO ? wait for new news from you =)

Chumpbucket

Post by Chumpbucket »

Is this a monthly paper or what? No new news? No great pics to post, glad it doesn't require a payment to check out.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

There will be a new entry coming soon, I'm going to try and do it weekly. I'm currently swamped with finals week coming up and a lot of major papers due, so I've had less time to devote to UO.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Chumpbucket

Post by Chumpbucket »

Look forward to the read. Good luck on the finals. :mrgreen:

Return to “Tales of Adventure”