Creature Meditation

Topics related to Second Age
SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Creature Meditation

Post by SirEricKain »

I managed to capture a few wisps in the wilderness for resist gains and am trying to figure out how long it takes a creature to go from 0-100 mana.

Any ratios on this?

Some input would be greatly appreciated.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Creature Meditation

Post by morgan1109 »

I’m not trying to derail the thread, but the Wyrm method is far more practical and much faster. It requires two boats, 40-100 wyrms, and a town line over the water. You get 40-100 casts every 6 seconds (less cure/heal time). You simply can’t get nuked 8 times a second and survive outside of a guard zone (although using a shrine to rez technically would allow it). Realistically, you are talking 20-40 times faster using the wyrm method. That doesn’t include downtime as the wisp would have to rest more often than the wyrms would.

I take it from some of your other posts you are a bit of a purest, so that may not be considered an option for you. I don't know the actual calculation. I can tell you from running wyrms I usually cast invisibility to break combat and then resume once invis wears off (2 minutes) and they seem to be full and ready to go. It might be less with wisps, it might be more. That’s my best guess though from my personal experience.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I guess it takes a *bit* longer to accumulate 40-100 ww than a few wisps morgan ;)
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Aeris wrote:I guess it takes a *bit* longer to accumulate 40-100 ww than a few wisps morgan ;)
Aye, there are not enough guild it's in need of resist for me to go to this extreme measure and have nearly GM'd purely off Gazers/Liches.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The advantage I see with Eric's method is they don't require stable slots which are horrible to try and locate, and the wyrms are always available and don't have the upkeep costs of stabling, buying pets to hold slots, etc. It takes 3 accounts to run a wyrm boat (blocker, healer, and trainee). So there is obviously a lot of downside to the wyrm method, and I can certainly appreciate the simplicity.

I didn't think gettign the wyrms took up much time. I don't know if the WW spawn has changed or not. Once I tamed a WW, about 1/8 of the time a new one would spawn before I could wait out the aggression timer and get him gated out. They also didn't have the "you anger the beast" messages the dragons and drakes give so taming was a breeze.

Basically most of the time I could tame, gate out, put wyrm in stable, then hit the ice dungeon and the WW was waiting for me. If it wasn't I jus invis'd and checked when it wore off. It's was normally a 5-8 minute turn to get from beginning to end. Closer to 8 though depending on actual tame time. I could have 8-12 ww's an hour without have to strain things. It took me about 6 hours to get 54 wyrms, which is what I have slots for. I felt I got that back on my first resist training session. It didn't bother me at all. Plus I got 1K from each wyrm, so I made roughly 50K during those 6 hours, plus some good gem money.

Was it always this easy? Is something broken now (anger beast)? The only real trick to it was having a teleport ready as you run up to get on the ledge. if he doesn't get a hit in it is painless. If he gets a hit in, you'll have some flamestrikes to heal as you tame.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Just hire a dozen or so NPC mages and trap them on a boat or with boxes and throw a purple pot or spam kill commands between bandages. Works great.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Malaikat wrote:Just hire a dozen or so NPC mages and trap them on a boat or with boxes and throw a purple pot or spam kill commands between bandages. Works great.
this ^^ if u cant get the wws...wisps is a good idea but too few to herd em all and if they not in guards zone and either are u...ur gonna die...they like to flame strike....3-4 wisps flamestrike and ur dead...also always fire field till 55 resist if u dont already