the wife

Topics related to Second Age
Narcissic

Re: the wife

Post by Narcissic »

Clockwork wrote:Wife?! Don't have one of those. However, I DO have a girlfriend. When I first started here, 5 months ago, I'd get her to keep an eye on my guys while they macroed. I taught her how to restart them if the connection was lost. She wasn't very good at it, but she tried! Haha. A few weeks ago I pulled an all-nighter waiting for an IDOC to fall. She woke up to use the bathroom and just shook her head and said,"just make sure you eat something! and drink some water!" She even hums the soundtrack. So, no, my lady doesn't hate the game...yet. :twisted:
This man is living the dream
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

nightfishing

Post by nightfishing »

My gf doesn't hate it, but she still doesn't understand why I can't pause it.
[23:59] <notorious> STFU NAPKIN YOURE NEW
[23:59] <[napkin]> lol
[23:59] <notorious> STOP NAMEDROPPING

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Capitalist wrote:You're the wife.
Key difference, I don't complain about her shopping habits...
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Ali

Post by Ali »

nightfishing wrote: but she still doesn't understand why I can't pause it.
This.
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Maybe, Freeza.
Capitalist wrote:You're the wife.
Read this while driving and nearly flew off the road laughing. Hilarious.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

A wise man once said you broker peace BEFORE the war. After starting up and playing every night for a couple weeks, I knew I was staying. I knew the wife would not be happy at that pace. I developed a peace treaty that allowed me to play Tuesday nights, Thursday nights, and any time on the weekends after the kid goes to sleep. The peace treaty remains in place a year later.

A quick side note, if the wife wants a girls night out always say Yes. In the best case scenario the wife comes home loopy and frisky. You get some action, and she can’t complain about your game time. Worst case scenario she doesn’t come home and you get to play a free game as much as you want! The freeness will mean a lot more when she gets half your stuff.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

"ever notice how a guy will marry someone that doesn't have the same interests other than general attraction?

Notice to all guys: You don't have to marry someone just because they give you sex. In fact, that usually stops after a couple years.

Find someone that actually likes the things you like and stop letting the other head think for you."

Buddha
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

GuardianKnight wrote:"ever notice how a guy will marry someone that doesn't have the same interests other than general attraction?

Notice to all guys: You don't have to marry someone just because they give you sex. In fact, that usually stops after a couple years.

Find someone that actually likes the things you like and stop letting the other head think for you."
So let me get this straight. It's not that no one will have sex with you, you're just practicing abstinence within the human race? How many Hamsters do you own again?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I live in a place where women have sex just because they got bored from going to the grocery store.
"I'm tired.....probably should find someone to have sex with".

KNow what? Haven't married any of them.

I realize that sex is a bitch to get in the US, but it doesn't mean you gotta putaringonit.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

GuardianKnight wrote:I live in a place where women have sex just because they got bored from going to the grocery store.
"I'm tired.....probably should find someone to have sex with".

KNow what? Haven't married any of them.

I realize that sex is a bitch to get in the US, but it doesn't mean you gotta putaringonit.
No one thinks you need to putaringonit. Nothing promotes the idea that you grew up a hermit than the notion that you have any belief in that.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

My main point is that people in every game I have played, they tend to complain that their girlfriend or wife hates what they're doing. These are people that spend more time in games than in the real world.

The implication is that they had a physical attraction, so they chose that over any real connection, based on interests.

"why did you cheat on me, honey?"
"all you care about is your stupid games"

this is the excuse for every argument you'll ever have. No matter how much time you give them, it'll never be enough to stop the hate for your hobby.

My first post was meant as a joke, hence the quotation marks and the fake quotation of Buddha.

I am only continuing this because you nerds made it serious. I felt the need to continue on the same track, regardless of personal views.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

GK is single
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Elk Eater wrote:GK is single
newly single

DKS

Post by DKS »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Elk Eater wrote:GK is single
newly single

Ahhhhhh, it's all coming together now...

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Girlfriend is a different realm so I won't speak to that. But when you are married GK...every minute you are NOT doing what they want, is something they hate. Games or otherwise. I wouldn't read too much into when dudes talk about how their wives hate something.It comes with the territory.

Me and the wife share something deeper than pixelated decapitation and piracy. So her hating UO is not a real concern in sustaining a real relationship. But I still reserve the right to bitch about how she bitches about it.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation