era accuracy PVP thing we know are true.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Finesse

era accuracy PVP thing we know are true.

Post by Finesse »

fast cast - i understand your doing work on now and it think will be a great change when the bugs are ironed out.

disturbing with debuffs after debuffed - im 99% sure most players who played during the era will remeber this and the only evidence i can provide is that its still in uo now it was in during uor also and there no patch note that says its taken out.

anything anyone can add that they are sure is true add it and we can see how the STAFF comment on it. constructive comments are welcome.

Faust

Re: era accuracy PVP thing we know are true.

Post by Faust »

Here lies my problem that I have with the way debuffs work here. Firstly, I am still trying to figure out why it was constructed the way it was here in the first place. There is no evidence to say that debuffs never disrupted constantly. It has been active on OSI since UOR for a 100% fact. Why would it be constructed the way it is here without any evidence? It should be completely opposite to where it should be proved that it works the way it does here not vice versa. That has baffled me since arriving here back in September.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

rather than make a new thread for something seemingly insignificant, i thought i'd post it here

something i remember for a fact - that no other shard has ever implemented - double explosions cancelled each other out, if you did not wait for the first explosion to hit.

eg:
Vas Ort Flam
*target*
Vas Ort Flam
*target*
(no damage from the first explosion yet)
first explosion will never hit, though mana is taken from player.

aside from being accurate, this also had good use in getting the jump on someone in pvp. you could run up to someone with a prepped exp, release and cast another explosion. if you saw the reflect animation, release your second explosion early. if you don't see the reflect animation, wait for damage to hit before releasing.
Last edited by nightshark on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

Casting two explosion will make the 2nd one be wasted if another one is active here at UOSA. That was one of the first items that I got corrected when I arrived here.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

also - karma loss from murders. karma loss from murdering post rep system, pre uo:r and some time into UO:R, was a set value based on your total number of murder counts. you could not reach outcast or dread status from simply res killing a player and not taking murder counts from it.

in order to lose any karma at all, you HAD TO TAKE A MURDER COUNT.

EXAMPLE: your karma level would drop to a set value based on how many murders you had. you did not simply "lose karma" for killing someone - if you were already a scoundrel, then murdered 4 people, you were still a scoundrel. if you were a glorious lord, and murdered 1 person, you would immediately drop to -1 karma rank (I cant remember the title). if you were glorious lord, and took your 4th murder count, you would immediately drop to -3 karma rank.

1 long term kill - rude
2 long term kills - unsavory
3 long term kills - scoundrel

5 - despicable

10 - outcast

before you ask how I know the numbers (as obviously your title changes after your 5th murder count - to murderer)... i was a siege perilous player, where the "murderer" title was not implemented. always having a curious interest as to how many murders it took to reach -5 karma rank, i paid attention while PKing.

again, this may already be implemented. grats on already having double explosion implemented - never seen it era-accurate before!
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

No, you could definitely not disturb with debuffs that didn't debuff.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

nightshark wrote: in order to lose any karma at all, you HAD TO TAKE A MURDER COUNT.

EXAMPLE: your karma level would drop to a set value based on how many murders you had. you did not simply "lose karma" for killing someone - if you were already a scoundrel, then murdered 4 people, you were still a scoundrel. if you were a glorious lord, and murdered 1 person, you would immediately drop to -1 karma rank (I cant remember the title). if you were glorious lord, and took your 4th murder count, you would immediately drop to -3 karma rank.

1 long term kill - rude
2 long term kills - unsavory
3 long term kills - scoundrel
5 - despicable
10 - outcast
This was not the case. You could become -4 karma by stealing (though most thieves were -3), you lost the "most" karma for killing people with Positive 5 karma or by killing NPC Nobles/Seekers. You also lost karma for cutting up corpses and other random activities.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

Fwerp wrote:No, you could definitely not disturb with debuffs that didn't debuff.
Debuffs would always work for a constant disrupt when the fizzle animation occurred. This persisted all the way through UOR up until this very day. The only thing that changed was the fizzle animation when active.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

RoadKill wrote:This was not the case. You could become -4 karma by stealing (though most thieves were -3), you lost the "most" karma for killing people with Positive 5 karma or by killing NPC Nobles/Seekers. You also lost karma for cutting up corpses and other random activities.
Nowhere did I mention the effect of stealing or cutting up corpses. I am talking about murdering players ONLY, not NPCs. In your quote, you conveniently left out the first line of my post, which puts it into context. Touche...?

-Nobles/Seekers caused you to lose karma, not suddenly drop to a negative rank of karma - taking you all the way to -5 karma level.
-Receiving a murder count would instantly drop you to a set level of negative karma, based on long term counts.
-Karma level of the player you killed had no effect on the amount of karma lost from a murder. Recieving a murder count from a glorious lord would cause you to drop to the same row of karma as receiving a murder count from a dread lord or outcast.
-You did not gain karma from killing murderers, or criminals with negative karma.

The relation of karma to murder count system has never been accurate on any player run shard. It never bothered me that much - it's just in the sake of accuracy. This was the case all the way from the release of the notoriety system (or rep system, whatever the hell it's called), all the way up until publish 16. I believe it may have changed at publish 16, or possibly the same system is still in affect on OSI/EA servers today. I don't know, I quit on AoS release.
Last edited by nightshark on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:
Fwerp wrote:No, you could definitely not disturb with debuffs that didn't debuff.
Debuffs would always work for a constant disrupt when the fizzle animation occurred. This persisted all the way through UOR up until this very day. The only thing that changed was the fizzle animation when active.
Correct, when I first started duelling a lot in '99, in the major duel areas (for hours on end) - the first thing that puzzled me was why people were constantly fizzling weaken. It didn't take long to figure out that debuffs disrupt no matter what. I was 14 at the time so I barely trust my memory on other things like how insta hit and double hit exactly worked. I will say the "hally timer reset in 1 6th circle" is correct, though - I remember that much.

Faust

Post by Faust »

March 26, 2000-1:00 A.M. PST - Jackal - http://web.archive.org/web/20011025213608/opp.iwarp.com/archives.htm wrote: Today in Moonglow Fire finally decided it would be fun to stay on the same screen as me for more then 5 seconds and fight. Combo: explosion, hally, weaken, weaken, weaken, hally, explosion, hally eb, weaken, weaken, then comes the help in the form of Gwen who starts tossing ex para into the mix.
It seems awfully odd to me that someone would be casting weaken multiple times like that if the spell did absolutely nothing while active. I just figured that I would point that out...

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I was agreeing with you

Faust

Post by Faust »

My post wasn't directed towards you. I knew that you were agreeing. The whole argument behind this issue is that there isn't enough evidence to prove that they worked like they do in the UOR era. However, I look at it this problem in the opposite perspective. Debuffs should be working the way they did in UOR until proven otherwise in my opinion. It just seems strange in this picture that someone would use 3 and 2 weakens back to back at two different points in time if debuffs did absolutely nothing while being active.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:
March 26, 2000-1:00 A.M. PST - Jackal - http://web.archive.org/web/20011025213608/opp.iwarp.com/archives.htm wrote: Today in Moonglow Fire finally decided it would be fun to stay on the same screen as me for more then 5 seconds and fight. Combo: explosion, hally, weaken, weaken, weaken, hally, explosion, hally eb, weaken, weaken, then comes the help in the form of Gwen who starts tossing ex para into the mix.
It seems awfully odd to me that someone would be casting weaken multiple times like that if the spell did absolutely nothing while active. I just figured that I would point that out...
This, and coupled with many era vets reports that it did work this way, is indeed very persuasive.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:
Faust wrote:
This, and coupled with many era vets reports that it did work this way, is indeed very persuasive.
I agree with Faust on this one. That's a good find.