Can you GM tailoring using only cloth?

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Can you GM tailoring using only cloth?

Post by randale »

I'm at around 79 now, and the guides I've looked at say to use leather from now on. Which means I'll have to kill bulls and cows, or buy hides from the tailoring stores.

I've also read that it's a profitable skill, but not really. Sure, you can gather cotton and wool for free, but you'll spend a lot of regs recalling to each place. (I tried to save some by walking/riding to next spot if I could) I found out a small box can hold 125 items, but a toon can only carry a box carrying 95 (at least) items in it, which means you'd have to take multiple trips to sell all the fancy shirts (that have one of the best cloth to sell ratios) and you'll have to recall to every tailor shop (using more regs) and as you sell more shirts to the same vendor they progressively pay you less.

It's better just using provocation to kill things and finishing off the last creature with a flamestrike.

Narcissic

Re: Can you GM tailoring using only cloth?

Post by Narcissic »

No, you cannot gm using only cloth
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

no. the robe quits giving gains around 76 I think. That's the highest cloth made item. You need to switch to leather items like gorgets. Farm the NPC vendors to get the hides at 3 GP ea. It's horrible to try and farm the hides in the wild.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

I farmed the hides for my tailor from drakes and dragons while I played my bard. You can also farm all the animals in T2A by the city. Get a couple packs and have at it. The tamers will love you too.

randale

Post by randale »

morgan1109 wrote:no. the robe quits giving gains around 76 I think. That's the highest cloth made item. You need to switch to leather items like gorgets. Farm the NPC vendors to get the hides at 3 GP ea. It's horrible to try and farm the hides in the wild.
Does Jhelom have bulls still? If you have a tamer and enough skill each time you tame one another spawns. So you could breed the bulls this way until they're ready for slaughter.