Off Topic - Looking For Old UO Game Data

Topics related to Second Age
LeonZA

Off Topic - Looking For Old UO Game Data

Post by LeonZA »

I have searched a few days for information on how to patch the 2D client to specific versions, but I was unsuccessful.

A few years back there was a SVN with all the client files by version:
http://svn.twuni.net/uoclient/t2a/tags/by-version/
It doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I am looking for two specific versions of the client: 6.0.8.0 and 6.0.14.2
Anyone know where to get these? (I am more interested in the game data than the actual client exes)
Kingdom Reborn 2.59.0.2 would also be a bonus.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Off Topic - Looking For Old UO Game Data

Post by Kaivan »

Unfortunately, I have a very incomplete set of clients from this SVN (should have downloaded it all...), but I believe Derrick has a full SVN of it somewhere, and I think others may have the SVN or the later git as well. I'll see whether we can't get a copy, and ideally, we may try to host it somewhere (bandwith and server space not withstanding).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

If the space is limited I can get it hosted for us. I have a bunch of space and bandwidth. :)

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Can the update script on the current Cassic Client be modified to target/exclude specific updates?

If so, this page might assist in the 'targeting process'.

Of course, this assumes that the base version of the Classic Client has not already exceeded your desired target dates: I DL'd/installed the CC for a RL friend who wanted to try a different freeshard, and that CC did a lot of patching (I am not kidding: I was amazed); hopefully, the 'basic' CC is still rather old.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

LeonZA

Post by LeonZA »

Of course, this assumes that the base version of the Classic Client has not already exceeded your desired target dates
The base version of the Classic Client is 7.0.24.0 which is way over the versions I want :)

Versions of the Classic Client before they decided to change the patch mechanism can't update anymore, because there is no patch service listening for connection on compassion.owo.com:8888 or patch.uo.eamythic.com:8888.
Can the update script on the current Cassic Client be modified to target/exclude specific updates?
From version ~7.0.24 and onward the patching mechanism and patch server has changed. Seems to be some HTTP based system now. Not sure if you are able to stop the new patcher at a certain version like to old patcher.
If the space is limited I can get it hosted for us. I have a bunch of space and bandwidth. :)
That would be awesome :)

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

My guess on the new patcher is that if you created a local host file that pointed to a new "patch" server (that we control) couldn't we only offer it what we wanted it to get? I am obviously ignoring all technical aspects of the process... just speaking theoretically.