Just some patch notes.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Just some patch notes.

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

02/02/1999

Equipping a weapon now causes a short "prep time" before you can start swinging.
Is this in? I feel as if sometimes it does take a moment after you equip before it swings, but other times it's instant, maybe I'm wrong and it always takes a moment.

Server update Nov 23 1998 10:59AM

Numerous loopholes used by third-party programs will be corrected. As we have stated before, we intend to continue

moving aggressively to prevent these programs from having any utility. We don't wish to describe all of the fixes we

made, so that exploiters have as little warning as possible, but one change in particular merits notice.

* The "Fast last-target spellcasting" exploit will be corrected. This involved placing a small skill delay after completion of casting.

SKILLS

* We fixed a cause of the overly rapid stat advancement. Skills that affect more than one stat will no longer

cause accelerated gain for all of the stats.
* The magic resistance skill will no longer raise any stats. This was done because this skill causes involuntary

stat gains when you are attacked with magic.
Once again I don't know much about that bit about delay I just want to know how people interpret it.

3.12/21/1998
Monsters will pick up and destroy items that block them as follows:

* The item must be moveable.
* The creature cannot be a pet.
* The item cannot be locked down.
* The item must be impassable.
* Monsters can destroy an item anytime.
* Human NPCs must be attacking someone to destroy an item.
* Animals must be attacking someone to destroy an item.
* The creatures will destroy stacked items one at a time.
Well I don't know if tame dragons destroy boxes, but I summoned some Earth elementals and they sure did, I'm not sure if they count as pets or not, also they weren't attacking me when they broke my boxes.

Apr 14 1999 11:01AM CST

# Items

* Once an item has been placed in the trade window, you will not be able to remove it unless you cancel the trade. Cancelling will return all items to the backpacks of the two players involved. This was done in order to reduce the viability of common "trade window scams."
* You can no longer overload yourself by placing items in a locked container that is in your backpack.
* Various optimizations were done to guildstones to improve performance.
* You will no longer be able to lock things down under your house sign.

# Note: House Deeds purchased after April 16th

* House deeds that are purchased off of npcs will be considered newbie items. If you are a murderer and you die, a house deed will be left on your corpse. If you are not a murderer and you die, the deed will stay on your ghost character. If you set these items down, they will decay rapidly.
Well I would like less secure trade windows, that's the explanation for the first one, and I don't know if house deeds are newbied here or not, I know ChumBucket stole one, just throwing it out there.

New tinkering menu, pets, auto-stacking, and more. May 25 1999 9:41AM CST

Skills

* Tinkering
o Tinkering will have a new menu with tabbed pages. We are testing out this menu style with this skill before adopting its use for all skills.
o "Make Last Item" is now an option on the tinkering menu. Choosing this will simply try to make the last tinker item you made.
o Tinker-crafted tools will now have durability based on the skill of the tinker who made the tool. In other words, a hammer made by a tinker with only 5 skill will last much less time than a hammer made by a grandmaster tinker.
o Scales for weighing items are now a craftable item. You can double-click the scales and target an item to get its weight. (We know this isn't real useful, but thought shops might like this item for decorative purposes).
o A new piece of art for tinkering tools will exist (and be craftable). It works exactly like the older piece of art, but is a lot easier to click on. The old piece of art will still be in use.
o Traps will no longer work on ballot boxes.
o Tinkered lockpicks will now stack correctly.
o Both sorts of tinker tools will become craftable.
o Tinkering is now difficulty-based. This means that some items will require a higher skill than others. Items you cannot make at all will not show up on your menus, and difficult items will fail more often than items that are easy for your skill level. You will get greater skill gains from making difficult items than easy ones.

Other

* Monster camps will no longer spawn partially in houses.
* Ghosts will be able to use gates by double-clicking on them.
* A problem with hues updating on objects is fixed. This manifested when you dyed clothing and it wouldn't change color until you moved it.
* You will now be able to get different types of meat by carving corpses (eg, plucked birds or hams).
* House bans of players will now be by account instead of by character. All current players you have in your ban lists will still be banned, but it will not automatically convert them to account bans--you will need to reban them for their whole account to be banned.
* All house deeds (redeeded, bought, existing, new, whatever) will remain with the ghost when you die, and will not be stealable.
* Attackers will now receive a message when their poisoned weapon poisons a victim.
* NPC shopkeepers will now buy the following items:
o Warforks
o Sashes
o Hatchets
o Surcoats
* The duration of strength and agility potions will increase to 2 minutes.
* Interior lockable doors will exist. Use of a house key on a door will allow you to rekey that door and will generate a new key for it.
* The chance of monsters poisoning you when they hit has been tweaked down.
* You will be able to dock your boat anywhere as long as the hold is empty. It will turn into a miniature boat when you do so. To do this, simply double-click the tillerman while you are not standing on the boat.

Well first of all there is the new Tinker Menu, I know it was a lot of work putting in the current Tinker Menu, but I think a lot of people would appreciate the easier to use UOR menus.

Account ban on houses, I don't know if this is currently in or not just throwin' it out there.

People don't get a message when they poison someone currently, or so I believe, not a big deal.

Ultima Online: The Second Age Patch Notes for 08/26/1999

Companion System

* Player volunteers called "Companions" are available for new players. When a player from a new account logs on for the first time, a Companion will be paged to welcome them.
[/quote]

I think this would be a good idea to encourage and help new players, just change it so that it's only people who log in a IP for first time.
Last edited by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faust

Re: Just some patch notes.

Post by Faust »

- Short prep time is in when equipping weapons. There was a bug recently fixed for this particular feature. Previously, the delay would be restricted to the movement delay the same as the swing delay. This was incorrect and gladly fixed a few patches ago.

- The delay after casting is the recovery/recast delay on spells. This is currently active right now. However, there is a planned revamp of the correct way that it worked that duplicates the real fast casting unlike it currently is at the moment.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

For the purpose of breaking boxes, drakes/dragons are not considered to be animals. Strong polar bears for example can break boxes, but as animals only will do so in combat.

House deeds are not newbied here for reasons as discussed in other threads. If you can't find it via search i'll see if i can.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Thanks for quick reply, I forgot a few, I'll edit them in the OP.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The "new" tinker menu has been discussed quite a bit, it's a pretty curious patch. I had a tinker, I don't remember it. I wouldn't be surprised to find that this was either put in and removed, only put on some shards, or never actually made it to production at all until later. More info on this would be welcome.

We have an active Player Companion program, and greeting many new players daily.

I belive the poison message is in, I'll verify that, but I belive it was patched in a few weeks ago.

I hope you're not feeling like I'm meaning to shoot everything down (if it seems that way).

There curently is an account (not character) ban on houses. I didn't actualy think it was correct to our timeframe though, good to know it is.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Derrick wrote:The "new" tinker menu has been discussed quite a bit, it's a pretty curious patch. I had a tinker, I don't remember it. I wouldn't be surprised to find that this was either put in and removed, only put on some shards, or never actually made it to production at all until later. More info on this would be welcome.

We have an active Player Companion program, and greeting many new players daily.

I belive the poison message is in, I'll verify that, but I belive it was patched in a few weeks ago.

I hope you're not feeling like I'm meaning to shoot everything down (if it seems that way).

There curently is an account (not character) ban on houses. I didn't actualy think it was correct to our timeframe though, good to know it is.

O no I don't feel at all as if you're shooting down my suggestions, I was just redownloading the client and decided to search through all the patch notes picking out everything I thought was potentially beneficial.

I basically wanted them all to just be realized or noted as to confirm that you guys aren't missing anything.

Anyways Thank You