Bounty Board

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
mungrin

Bounty Board

Post by mungrin »

I love the bounty board but lets not forget that the bounty board only had like 15 names on it.There were only the top 10-15 bounties on it if i remeber right.If you were a murderer and you had a weak bounty,you didnt make the list.On this shard basically everyone with a bounty is on the board.Also i think bounties expired and you didnt keep murdering Also,didnt killing NPCs help make the bounties go up as well?

Bottom line is that there are too many names on the bounty board,only the highest bounties should be on it,not every murderer and there mom.

Faust

Re: Bounty Board

Post by Faust »

I have already informed Derrick on the remaining bounty board issues. There were actually 20 or 25 if I remember correctly. I have an old screenshot from stratics that listed an "OnSingleClicked" bounty board that shows the number of bounties sitting at either 20 or 25. There are also other issues that surround it.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

This is an old school bounty board. Notice the actual bounty describes the player's appearance too (and it was accurate for my PK)

Also note the bounty board in Vesper should be by the bank doors, not on the side by the bridge.
Attachments
Nictare.jpg
Nictare.jpg (106.32 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
Last edited by RoadKill on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

Spectacular picture RoadKill... I have been looking for the exact format for the inside message for a very long time... I have a picture of the top half of an opened bounty but never down to the extent that showed the player description. What made me remember this particular feature was my old PK that had neon purple hair. It actually described even the neon colors, but I think it said "bright purple" or something on those lines.

The picture that I have stopped exactly at the line before the character's description where it says "Lord British's bounty of <amount> gold pieces for his head!" part. If only the person that took the screen shot scrolled the red ribbon down a little further I would have had it.

I'm glad that you were able to find the very last missing piece of information to conclude the bounty board... Good job.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

RoadKill wrote:Image

This is an old school bounty board. Notice the actual bounty describes the player's appearance too (and it was accurate for my PK)

Also note the bounty board in Vesper should be by the bank doors, not on the side by the bridge.
It's simply amazing all the minor details that went into this game.

mungrin

Post by mungrin »

I dont know about you guys but i use to check the bounty board every time i logged in.Anyone who made the top 10 became famous.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much. I'd never seen the extended version either.

Some of this will be in the next publish, the skin tone and hair color stuff is a little more complex so there will be some delay it getting those two items on. In addition gender references will be corrected and we'll be sorting by short term counts.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Faust wrote:Spectacular picture RoadKill... I have been looking for the exact format for the inside message for a very long time... I have a picture of the top half of an opened bounty but never down to the extent that showed the player description. What made me remember this particular feature was my old PK that had neon purple hair. It actually described even the neon colors, but I think it said "bright purple" or something on those lines.

The picture that I have stopped exactly at the line before the character's description where it says "Lord British's bounty of <amount> gold pieces for his head!" part. If only the person that took the screen shot scrolled the red ribbon down a little further I would have had it.

I'm glad that you were able to find the very last missing piece of information to conclude the bounty board... Good job.
I have a very nice selection of screenshots from "the old days" that I tap into when necessary :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

On a small note, I'll try to find a resource that states exactly how many murderers were posted on each local board. The existence of the scroll 'flag' on the side bar indicates that the posted bounties were merely the first page of bounties, so we can't discount a number greater than 10 bounties as a possibility.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

What do you mean by local board?

The picture that I have for the amount of bounties on a bounty board was either 20 or 25 for sure... I am pretty positive that it was the maximum number as all shards rarely if ever had less than the maximum listed. During this time when you left single clicked a bounty board it would tell you how many posted bounties there were.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

When I say local board, I mean each bounty board in each city. Each bounty board had a different list of people on it, and any rewards for a turn-in of a head were also specifically tied the given city they were turned at. That functionality is more or less outlined in the late 97 patch that outlined the system upon its introduction.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I wasn't aware that we were using the old bounty system.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I hadn't been aware of any significant changes to the bounty system aside from the fact that player bounties were withdrawn from the victim's bank account and were determined by the victim. There aren't any major pieces of information that I have seen that suggest anything different, but if you can find some sources which explains that a new system was set in place and how that system worked, perhaps we can confirm the functionality of the bounty system as a local or universal system. I'll also try to find some information regarding the subject as well.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I had understood that the postings were localized as well, and additionally the tracking of individual bounties is not something we do, but is accurate. I would like to comprehensive correct the system, but these changes I'm making now are at least closer.

Looking forward to seeing what you can all dig up. Thanks!

mungrin

Post by mungrin »

Kaivan wrote:When I say local board, I mean each bounty board in each city. Each bounty board had a different list of people on it, and any rewards for a turn-in of a head were also specifically tied the given city they were turned at. That functionality is more or less outlined in the late 97 patch that outlined the system upon its introduction.
False.The bounty board was for the murderers with the highest bounties on the shard,not the city.Every bounty board was the same in every city per shard.