Application for -F- guild town

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should -F- get a town

yes
24%
no
40%
who are -F-
36%

Total votes: 50

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: application for -F- guild town

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

Alex the Artist wrote:Perhaps they can just assume ownership of one of the other existing towns. I've run into a few that have roads, lamp posts and all the happiness that makes a town. But the vendors are all empty and there's no one there. Instead of building another, recycle one of the existing towns.

I agree with Alex. I currently have a house North of Dungeon Shame on the beach(look at your UOAM). There is a bunch of ruins and a wooden fence separating the beach from the rest of the area, which I found out this morning used to be a Guild Town. If there truly are many other places like this, I don't see why new areas need to be created. Just my two cents...

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

Finesse

Re: should we get a guild town

Post by Finesse »

no what im saying is we should get a player run town because we are the biggest pvp guild on the shard without a doubt.

we do have a tower placed 5 small houses and a patio all im asking for now is an official status to make it more intresting to passing players

Downs

Post by Downs »

Finesse wrote:no what im saying is we should get a player run town because we are the biggest pvp guild on the shard without a doubt.

we do have a tower placed 5 small houses and a patio all im asking for now is an official status to make it more intresting to passing players
Do what ace did before they got decorations. Venture out of the trash talk forums to the player event forums with "PVP TOURNAMENT THIS FRIDAY" or come by anytime for a good fight or whatever else you want to do. Make it known that ppl need to come by and fight u guys. U can do this in the trash talk forum, but u'll probably have better luck if you appeal to the masses that get to approve your town vs spamming "You suck" in trash talk.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Finesse wrote:are you fucking stupid mate

look at what your reading and read it

we will be hosting pvp events and only pvp events [,] if we get a town

truely a spastic
Are you a child? I wouldn't expect to get anything with that sort of attitude :lol:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

Panama Red

Post by Panama Red »

you barely been here for 2 weeks! what makes you think you deserve anything??
Last edited by Panama Red on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

this is why players should have no input into who gets towns and what not.

towns do not imballance an econemy or give anyone an advantage

its obvious a guild who plays as organised as us are gonna have haters.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Finesse wrote:this is why players should have no input into who gets towns and what not.

towns do not imballance an econemy or give anyone an advantage

its obvious a guild who plays as organised as us are gonna have haters.
I don't think that's true. I think the comments so far have been mostly good criticism. Instead of of fighting their opinion try to improve on the aspects mentioned by the players so that they change their mind. Just a thought.

Shea

Post by Shea »

I am all for the shit talk guys and completely understand that it is an act to get pvpers riled up. Your guild needs to do more than that to have the admins spend time building out custom designs for your town instead of coding necessary changes to things like spell/swing timers. Know what I mean?

A few examples:

1- Help some noobs out. This should affect your ability to pvp.
2- Setup an event or tourney
3- Contribute heavily in the Suggestions forum
4- Setup vendors or rune library

Again, these are just some suggestions off the top of my head, but they are not guarenteed to get you a player town. They definitely help though.

My points are not at all a reflection on your activity in trash talk forum, since I could care less, but rather just an opinion formed from observations of previous requests.

Good luck and glad to have you in UOSA
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

Panama Red wrote:you barely been here for 2 weeks! what makes you think you deserve anything??
Panama and I have had our disagreements in the past, but I couldn't agree more with him here. I've seen pages and walls of text for the past few days arguing why some noobs to this shard should get a bunch of free stuff. I have 15 chars, 5 houses, and I've been here for almost a year...where's my UO:SA Welfare(jk)?

So the answer to your original question: YES, you should get a Guild Town!!!...but not before you have proven yourself as an addition to this Shard, and I imagine that can take months.

You claim you want to be recognized when people walk around your Guild area? How about prove yourselves as players to gain notoriety, rather than a few 'super cool' pixels. Jesus...I can't even believe this has to be explained to you. Fuck, I need a smoke...

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

Id say no.

One postive thing i have seen is that you have brought 15 players to the shard.

Respectivly your all about PVP.

i mean really what does -f- do? everything you have done on this shard since you've been here is for personal gain. I mean even the fundementals of your guild is to get as many PVP as you can so you can gank whoever you can. ??

So correct me if iam wrong.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

ShastaMcNasty wrote:
So the answer to your original question: YES, you should get a Guild Town!!!...but not before you have proven yourself as an addition to this Shard, and I imagine that can take months.

You claim you want to be recognized when people walk around your Guild area? How about prove yourselves as players to gain notoriety, rather than a few 'super cool' pixels. Jesus...I can't even believe this has to be explained to you. Fuck, I need a smoke...
LOL, I guess someone had to spell it out for them. They aren't the brightest bunch around.

I don't understand why it is soooo pertinent for these guys to have their town decorated and customized. What does that have to do with PvP or the guild's goal of owning all the other Pvpers here? Are these guys PvPers or trammelites concerned more with materialism?

Pro

Post by Pro »

what's with all the personal vendettas?

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

Markmosthandsome wrote:what's with all the personal vendettas?
No personal vendettas, just fiery responses from people who actual call this shard Home after previous postings by your Guildies claiming you are the best, you deserve medals, blah blah blah. Put yourself in our shoes for a second.

Shasta FTW...topic closed.

Pro

Post by Pro »

thing is we actually are the best and we've proved it.

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.