Merchant Union of Britannia

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Prurk

Re: Merchant Union of Britannia

Post by Prurk »

Inaccuracy suggestions aside: I see where you are coming from and it sounds like a solid idea that just needs some fleshing.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

I think that this is something that the community needs for sure. I am totally all for it.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Axe the trammelite idea of "safe trading"
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

I don't believe under any circumstance that MUB deserves a town yet. Less than a week ago, Mr Mazaraht was in the guild BOO and he decides to create a guild and expects a town. He, similarly to -F-, has not proven that he deserves this achievement/REWARD for showing dedication to the server. All he gives are false promises, in which he hasn't shown legitimized proof that he'll do so. The only reason I have seen anything to do with his town is because I happened to take a rune from him, in which he increasingly raged on me for taking.

Not only do I believe he has lacked showing legitimate proof of deserving a town, he also lacks the maturity most town/guild leaders possess. I have stolen from him on a couple of occasions, in which he went linguistically violent. Those who possess their own town, should show some form of maturity and self discipline to show you are capable of holding such a responsibility. Imagine if something happens to him, in which he rages and decides to quit the shard deserting the town and which he didn't work hard to get. He even quoted to me that my "one voice," won't make any difference in whether he will get a town or not? Is this not a sign of lacking maturity AND an authoritarian-like statement?

*EDIT* (One more paragraph to add)
To top it all off, he claims it will help the shard, but how so? It won't attract players -- it'll probably ruin the economy even more than it already is by adding more corporate sales to Britannia (making it harder for smaller vendors to get attention), and he stated to me that it'd help new players, but new players are attracted to the game, not the towns in them. Also, he might just be doing this for his own personal gain rather than for the shard in which he so boldly claims and we'd have no idea.

Finally, the idea of having a "no steal zone" should mark proof of his immaturity and lack of being able to maintain the burden of a town for his guild. It is quite obvious that he does not have the mental maturity to deal with negative acts upon him in this shard. As a thief, it would be incredibly unfair to demand such a thing. It would be like giving immunity to terathans in the terathan keep from bards, like taking moon gates away from players who don't use magic, or even like taking away the ability for scribes to make runebooks.

At the moment, until proven he is more responsible, mature, and has done something for the shard; I believe that giving him a town would be a giant leap of irresponsibility. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

P.S. Though I enjoy making Mazaraht angry, I refrain from using bias in such an enormous judgment, it is what I honestly believe.

-Ireland
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I think you need to establish a group of dedicated players, then work your butts off to establish a location, and THEN request additional support from UOSA staff. You need to find a way to make your location stand out from the rest and the best way to do that is by driving traffic and population to your establishment.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

RoadKill wrote:I think you need to establish a group of dedicated players, then work your butts off to establish a location, and THEN request additional support from UOSA staff. You need to find a way to make your location stand out from the rest and the best way to do that is by driving traffic and population to your establishment.
IE: $$$ GUILD
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Crimson

Post by Crimson »

I agree with the majority about the trading room and such. Realistically, thieves would be anywhere and there would be no strange "Force at work" that disallowed them from sticking their hands into other people's pockets and producing something of value. Something I like to call, "transferring the ownership" of a certain item.

Anyway, I've been trying to involve myself in this project as well, along with several others that would like to see this happen. It'd be a great place for new players and experienced players alike to mingle and trade.

I've two suggestions, but considering I'm still relatively new to the shard (and haven't touched a computer that has UO even intalled on it in 8 years), perhaps they are too quaint. Basically, if there are those that are concerned about murderers/PKs and thieves, then perhaps one of two things could be done here:

1) A mini guard-zone within the walls of the village (*Edit: I realize PKs would not be allowed within the walls, but maybe something to this effect could be worked out. Idk. Just a thought)

Or

2) One or more instant teleporters for new players to be able to escape easily to a town (Of course, murderers would be unable to use such a facility)

Anyway, they're just ideas.

And as far as people like Ireland's finest talking about maturity and such... Maybe you should do some self-examination before you start passing judgment on others. Oh, yeah, you said it's not biased, but I know it is. You're jealous.

Everyone just keep in mind that not only does Ireland get off on other people's fury, but he's just as immature as he accuses, despite the fact that he uses sophisticated language and Oh-so-clever analogies to get his point across. Coming from a guy that spent 5 hours waiting for me to go AFK, and during that time amassed all sorts of junk just to litter the front steps of my house (Thank you, Clark Kent, for cleaning that up for me). Are you seriously going to listen to the opinion of someone who sits around, staring at their monitor for 5 hours, just to wait for a kill and in the meantime wastes precious moments of his life trying to invigorate me?

So maybe it worked at the time..

But now I just realized how sad and pathetic it is.

So read Mazaraht's idea and consider it, even suggest some changes.

-Crimmy-

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Crimson wrote: 1) A mini guard-zone within the walls of the village (*Edit: I realize PKs would not be allowed within the walls, but maybe something to this effect could be worked out. Idk. Just a thought)

Or

2) One or more instant teleporters for new players to be able to escape easily to a town (Of course, murderers would be unable to use such a facility)
I know it's backwards,
2.) If there is a teleporter within tiles of a shop, thieves will be all over that. Even if it teleports into town, that makes no difference, we will take your stuff as you go through, and when you get to the other side and realise what happened, it's too late.

1.) I cannot think of any reason that any "guild town" should recieve their own personal guard zone.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

This would be neutral territory so even reds could trade you say? Wouldn't banditry/murder pose more of a threat then sheer robbery? Of course you'd be able to buy looted items from reds then more convienently in such a trade room and thus should suffer a karma loss for blood money dirtiying your hands in such endeavors. Is this possible?
Can you have guards protecting reds and blues alike or are you insinuating a large worm on a big hook for all who travel to such place with packs laden with gold?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

K^A had the guard zone thing debate already
shoudl look up that thread dun have it off hand
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

carlthecrook

Post by carlthecrook »

You want a secure trading room in your house? Are you fucking kidding me? It's bad enough that people can trade in the ctf room, which by the way, i think trading should be disabled in. I will do everything in my power to make sure you never get a secure trading room. Why don't we just put a moonstone to Trammel inside your house? :x
[09:56pm] <Chaos> but i want my mare back
[10:02pm] <Chaos> and i don't get robed ,,,,my mare is best looot ever
[10:02pm] <Chaos> and i want it back

Pinkpanther07

Post by Pinkpanther07 »

Carl, you have tunnel vision don't you, that was not my idea, and it was just an idea. I was fair enough to voice that persons opinion on the matter so you could atleast show the respsect of READING before you comment.

Are people in the world really this dumb now days? No hope I guess, let's just put a gate to the wizard of oz in your house and hopefully you ask him for a brain. Just a thought, goodluck with your thieving though you biased fuck.

Galm(kB)

Post by Galm(kB) »

LOL

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Crimson wrote: And as far as people like Ireland's finest talking about maturity and such... Maybe you should do some self-examination before you start passing judgment on others. Oh, yeah, you said it's not biased, but I know it is. You're jealous.

Everyone just keep in mind that not only does Ireland get off on other people's fury, but he's just as immature as he accuses, despite the fact that he uses sophisticated language and Oh-so-clever analogies to get his point across. Coming from a guy that spent 5 hours waiting for me to go AFK, and during that time amassed all sorts of junk just to litter the front steps of my house (Thank you, Clark Kent, for cleaning that up for me). Are you seriously going to listen to the opinion of someone who sits around, staring at their monitor for 5 hours, just to wait for a kill and in the meantime wastes precious moments of his life trying to invigorate me?

I don't understand why you sit here and try to cackle of my immaturity because I have never asked for anything from the admins, so at this point it's just trash talk. Also, to think I'd sit around for five hours or pour junk on your door step just doesn't seem like me. The only time I've ever thrown junk on somebody's doorstep was with cA and I have never stopped by to wait for anybody for 5 hours (twenty minutes at most, while I sat and ate my dinner). So for you to stoop so low as to ridicule my good name, I demand your post mean utter crap to anybody else who read this :lol: Finally, you need characters such as myself to test the fury in people for these types of situations. People who get mad in an online game need to spend their time on something else if their emotions are being driven to threaten somebody's life, so at that point, it just isn't worth it.

So please quit this blasphemous nonsense because your opinion is worth less than a pile of dry crap. Thank you and have a horrendous day :lol:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

a custom *trading* room that Derrick can implace where no thievery can occur to negotiate trades

Ridiculous request. This isn't trammel.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah