-F- Requesting Add-ons. Duel Pit

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should -F- Be Allowed their Duel Pit?

Yes
30%
No
61%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 87

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

-F- Requesting Add-ons. Duel Pit

Post by Ardos »

Guild -F- has recently aquired a new town. We are located NE of Minoc and North of Vesper. Our exact coordinates are 122, 10'N, 119, 6'E. We are a guild compiled of friends that moved from Defiance. We are extremely active in getting players from Defiance on to UOSA and helping them build there characters at a fast rate to improve the amount of active players, especially for the aspect of PVP. We currently field as many players as all the large well known guilds. T-B, -?-, [TG], +/-, !!!, 8D, etc. We are opening a guild mall selling rares, statues, magic weapons and items and much more in the next week. It will be located in the center of our town at the smithy -F- Vendor Mall.

On OSI I ran tournaments almost every week 1v1 and 2v2 at my tower. I would send a mass message and contact all major guilds. The rules were always a certain entry fee say 5k and all money used to enter the tournament would be split between 1st and 2nd place at an 80% 1st prize, 20% second prize. Often times I would throw in some of my own money to make the pots more juicy.

The style of our duel ring is modeled after Lake Superiors [Riv] Rivendel guild. They have the oldest town on LS that was established in the T2A ERA. We request this specific duel ring for the purpose of being able to run organised player tournaments with as little griefing as possible. This ring is not able to be marked in, but can be used by players at any time except when the teleporter is blocked off for organising a tournament.
Riv Exit 1.JPG
Attachments
RIV Main 1.JPG
Last edited by Ardos on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Freeza

Re: -F- Requesting Add-ons. Duel Pit

Post by Freeza »

Are you sure you guys are here to stay? I believe you guys would of left if someone would not have replaced your keep? what if something like this happens again? I think that whole fiasco was a detrimental blow to any longevity you guys would be committed to.

Not saying I am against this, I am just questioning how long before you may "quit" again?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Freeza wrote:Are you sure you guys are here to stay? I believe you guys would of left if someone would not have replaced your keep? what if something like this happens again? I think that whole fiasco was a detrimental blow to any longevity you guys would be committed to.

Not saying I am against this, I am just questioning how long before you may "quit" again?

I understand your concern. The four most active members of our guild never considered quitting. Woozy, Chad, Mark, and Mike never considered it. WE ARE HERE TO STAY. We come from a shard polluted with corruption, where GM's are more concerned with Trammel like events than PVP. The shard is unbalanced. UOSA is our home. It has the best mixture of gameplay I have found. The staff is the most professional of any server I've ever played this includes, Defiance, UO Gamers, Angel Island, Supremecy 25, OSI, etc. The player base is great and so is the community. I am all about promotion of this shard. Finesse was the one who said that and it is laughable because to think guys like me would quit because Finesse claims he is, is rediculous. If anything were to happen -F- would have lost 1 member.
Last edited by Ardos on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Maahes: "Any town wishing to add any visual enhancements should already be well established in the community."

For this reason I am voting no at this time, but I would be in favor of this add-on in the future.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

I think -F- has definately come along way from the first day when they posted about wanting leet town-add ons

Unfortunately I have still not seen any community involvement to justify this,

if -F- was currently hosting 1v1's and 2v2's on a weekly bi-weekly basis I would surly vote for this, but as of now I have not been witness to any such events or even the mention of any such event occuring.

What I propose for -F- is to host several tournament, do it on the roof of your new keep! you dont NEED the area to hold events, its a nice addition and reward for hosting these events

so I vote no untill I see more community involvment.
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

You can be expecting a 2v2 and 1v1 tournament this week at prime time 7 PM'ish. I just have been busy with summer classes and everything. Ill actually schedule one sometime thsi week but currently our options of where to hold it are limited. We don't own a tower in our new town and the keep is too laggy. I will talk with Chad about this later, but be expecting an event sometime this week.

VOTING Yes will benefit the economy and player run events!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

when you organize these try and watch the event schedule already in place, it can really hurt turn out ive found out enough times by accident hehe
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I second what Wise said above.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Chad said he deleted 2 of his characters and was in IRC having a rough go of it the day that happened, saying that his time was not worth it to try to farm up another keep deed. Your past actions and the actions of your then leadership do not go away with a couple tournaments here and there.

Also, if the majority of all of your members posts weren't in trash talk it would probably go a long way as well. You've got an uphill battle either way, no one forgets the epic proportions of QQ in IRC and on the forums that day so quickly.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

noxmonk wrote:Chad said he deleted 2 of his characters and was in IRC having a rough go of it the day that happened, saying that his time was not worth it to try to farm up another keep deed. Your past actions and the actions of your then leadership do not go away with a couple tournaments here and there.

Also, if the majority of all of your members posts weren't in trash talk it would probably go a long way as well. You've got an uphill battle either way, no one forgets the epic proportions of QQ in IRC and on the forums that day so quickly.

Your right about the uphill battle. However, Chad didn't delete any characters. Also it is tough to try to become well established and run events without players cooperation. We have made effors and no one shows up. Our guild is completely honest. Yes some of our members trash talk, but it is a two sided deal. You act if we are these big villans for talking shit in or after a pvp battle when almost all players do it. We are all always willing and do participate in events ran by players.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Ardos wrote:
noxmonk wrote:Chad said he deleted 2 of his characters and was in IRC having a rough go of it the day that happened, saying that his time was not worth it to try to farm up another keep deed. Your past actions and the actions of your then leadership do not go away with a couple tournaments here and there.

Your right about the uphill battle. However, Chad didn't delete any characters. Also it is tough to try to become well established and run events without players cooperation. We have made effors and no one shows up. Our guild is completely honest. Yes some of our members trash talk, but it is a two sided deal. You act if we are these big villans for talking shit in or after a pvp battle when almost all players do it. We are all always willing and do participate in events ran by players.
So dishonesty is one of the guild traits now as well. Hrm. I can't say you're likely to garner any support soon then. I DELETED CHARACTERS SOMEONE GIVE US A KEEP DEED OR I'M DELETING MORE(that I didn't really delete but keep deed please, kk?). Essentially you have no one to blame but yourselves for not getting what you want, you've turned the community against you from Day One. Now you're asking for everyone's approval... usually it's a good idea to at least have a few supporters on your side. Even if your entire goal was to turn people against you for PvP there's a way to do it while being respected, and there's a way to do it by being an idiot. Judging by the communities feedback so far, guess which path you guys chose.

At this point it probably feels like you have to earn it twice as much as anyone else, and likely you do because there hasn't been anything to sway the community by in large to your favor. Search the -F- posts and you come up with 90% bullshit and uselessness in any of the forums. Not exactly shining examples of community involvement or an attempt to actually join the player-community here.

Either way, I hope you eventually get your duel pit, like I said I think it's awesome. I just don't see it happening any time soon. Until then use what you were given to host events and if you're not sure how to get on top of your keep, Blackfoot sells the service for 25k.

Best of luck.
Last edited by noxmonk on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

farnk

Post by farnk »

I think all who posted and voted "no" are missing the point: implementing this WILL increase/better the pvp on the shard. so honestly, why vote no? Because you dislike us? that's not really a valid opinion.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

farnk wrote: Because you dislike us? that's not really a valid opinion.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439
3. The main purpose of player towns is to promote active communities and create activity in different areas of our world. This is the key element to obtaining any special add-ons to your city. This means you will need to promote your guild within the community with things such as events, quests, fight nights, anything that will spread your guilds name in a positive way within second age. Because in the end it will be your co-players choice whether or not you get add-ons.

I am pretty sure it is a valid opinion.
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Zim

Post by Zim »

Add ons are usually a more role player based thing, and take months to get... On Pacific Seers always sat in on a big role play events. ((So many Fing weddings on that server)) All the cool player places with Seer/GM support always role played. Those that role play benefit most from Unique items, Town add-ons, and Vendors. Not because they use them to their advantage or want to be special, but it plays a bigger role in the game for them. Where as for players that don't role play tend to use these things just for personal use, convenience or recognition. Like a duel pit, this could be arranged in a tower like you said ((Which provides banning, a much better way to get rid of griefers)) or in the Jhelom pits...

Mr.Snuggles

Post by Mr.Snuggles »

I think this sounds like a great Idea. Just another community for people to gather and attract both pvp and spectators alike. The optimized abilities of player run events with the added duel pit would allow for a smoother more enjoyable downtime between server hosted events.

This would allow sanctioned fights to be held outside of the norm. Whats wrong with more variety? Another rune to add when looking for fights is never a bad thing is it?