-F- Requesting Add-ons. Duel Pit

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should -F- Be Allowed their Duel Pit?

Yes
30%
No
61%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 87

HI IM MIKE

Re: -F- Requesting Add-ons. Duel Pit

Post by HI IM MIKE »

I really don't see why people have such a deep hated for us... All in all, we're pretty nice guys and none of us (except Finesse) really whine about anything. We mostly rage at each other rather than the shard, and for those of you who say theres no -F- without Finesse: You're totally right, which is why we're no longer using that guild name/abbvreviation.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

kayla22

Post by kayla22 »

I voted yes for u guys, but plz dnt make a fool out of me. Stay here. And host soe events and make some kick ass vendor shops. I have met some of your members, and they seem really cool. I have actually been to your town and not been pkd. lol. It is very rare to go to someone elses town and not be killed or stolen from.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I thought there was no longer an -F- ?

Finesse said that they disbanded already?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Let them trade the required resources for the duel pit. We could use it for the pvp league (which has been an overwhelming success so far).
This doesnt negatively affect any single person in the world (if you say it does your out to lunch) and will just be another hot spot. I waited this long to respond to get to know the group of players asking and in my opinion it will be well used.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

BlackFoot wrote:Let them trade the required resources for the duel pit. We could use it for the pvp league (which has been an overwhelming success so far).
This doesnt negatively affect any single person in the world (if you say it does your out to lunch) and will just be another hot spot. I waited this long to respond to get to know the group of players asking and in my opinion it will be well used.
How would it be a hotspot whatsoever? It's basically a completely safe room for two, there's no way in hell it will ever be put in on this shard.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

That is where you are wrong hemperor. It is completely Era accuate. The pit was built in the oldest player run town on lake superior. The purpose of the pitt is for anyone to be able to use/ have access to it at any time, except for events hosted by the town or by people requesting access of it.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Well then you would need documentation from the era to prove the pit was exactly how you say it was.

Even then, it was on one shard so still unlikely.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Hemperor wrote:Well then you would need documentation from the era to prove the pit was exactly how you say it was.

Once again you are incorrect. Riv was the oldest player run town on [Lake Superior]. I don't know if you played OSI, but I played 4 shards and no two shard had the same player run town. They were all unique and in different locations. Proving the Era Accuracy is not a problem.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Ardos wrote:
Hemperor wrote:Well then you would need documentation from the era to prove the pit was exactly how you say it was.

Once again you are incorrect. Riv was the oldest player run town on [Lake Superior]. I don't know if you played OSI, but I played 4 shards and no two shard had the same player run town. They were all unique and in different locations. Proving the Era Accuracy is not a problem.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I read page 1 and page 5, I skipped the others.

Just some random thoughts to throw out there...

First, the pit looks like crap, lol. If there is going to be an arena of any type I would hope it would be designed to look a bit nicer. Granted, I understand if you use too many tiles it could bog down fights. I know I had designed some arenas on a previous shard that also included 'viewing' areas....though its def difficult as many viewing seats simply can't see the entire field. Either way, it should be spruced up a bit.

Second, why build an arena there and why link it directly to your guild house? I don't know -F- and haven't been around for a while but instead an arena could be built on 'neutral ground'. In this way it could be used and/or rented by anyone wanting to host events. The only negative to this method is it would require a staff member to temporarily grant control of teleporters (or doors, or whatever) to those who want to host events so they can maintain the control over who is allowed in.

Third, I don't believe an arena needs to protect the fighters from griefers. If you control who can view the fight and be in range (i.e. who enters the arena building) then you can leave it up to the players and event hosters to deal with 'security'. Problem people get killed and removed and not invited back. In this way, an event won't feel trammelish and you'll save the designer a ton of trouble as he tries to prevent spells, line of sight, etc.

Edit: Erm, wow, for some reason I read the last post as July 1 but apparently its July 19 2008, LOL. Sorry for the bump :-/
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock