Explosion potion change

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pro

Explosion potion change

Post by Pro »

Like many shards this one has a bit of a problem with the use of razor macros for throwing explo potions to be perfect, now as there is no EUO here on penalty of being banned would it be possible to script pots so that they randomize between both 4 and 3 countdown.

I know this isn't accurate but razor isn't either and so the ability to perfect throw wasn't a problem back then but it is now. Automated pvp is basically all this effects.

opinions, feedback etc

I have no idea how to make a poll ;[

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Explosion potion change

Post by Hemperor »

I believe potions are supposed to go to the relative location of the player (as told to me by a GM) when targeted, not heat seek. This would be an upcoming change.

EDIT: There is actually quite a bit more to it, involving delays for the explode pot to get there (animation)... I don't know the specifics, just that the current explode pot system is inaccurate

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I think 'heat seeking' is just a side effect of the animaiton.

From what I understand, what happens is that the thrower holds on to the potion just long enough to throw it so that damage is recorded at the target. The 'heat seeking' is just the trailing animation much like a trailing arrow or fire ball. The damage is already done, the system is just tying to paint a moving picture.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kraarug wrote:I think 'heat seeking' is just a side effect of the animaiton.

The damage is already done, the system is just tying to paint a moving picture.
This is true, animations have no effect on the dealing of damage, they are painted by the client. The spell animations are the same deal, you can't outrun a fireball, or a firebreath.

I don't want to comment on the specifics of the exp pot mechanics, but it shouldn't be that easy to time them.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

explode pots are era accurate the way they are. i personally do not see a problem with them on this server. even abusing the games mechanical flaws with razor, explode pots still are not that useful. I use them on my dexxer as a way of dealing a little extra damage, but i cant honestly say iv ever won a fight because of one.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

ClowN wrote:explode pots are era accurate the way they are. i personally do not see a problem with them on this server. even abusing the games mechanical flaws with razor, explode pots still are not that useful. I use them on my dexxer as a way of dealing a little extra damage, but i cant honestly say iv ever won a fight because of one.
If you never won a fight because of Ex-po's then why do you continue using them then?

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:If you never won a fight because of Ex-po's then why do you continue using them then?
ClowN wrote:I use them on my dexxer as a way of dealing a little extra damage

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Mephistopheles wrote:
ArchaicSubrosa wrote:If you never won a fight because of Ex-po's then why do you continue using them then?
ClowN wrote:I use them on my dexxer as a way of dealing a little extra damage
Exactly my point. There must have been a time where that little extra damage won the fight...otherwise ex-pos wouldn't even be a bother. They make for a good step back throw the pot and do something for a moment before reengaging type of scenerio such as withdrawing your weapon to get ready to cast etc..

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Lol, Exp pots are used to kill people while they are running away, and are quite effective at it.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Still it's scripted pvp which is something I really wasn't expecting here ;[

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

In a perfect world one would throw an expo having to time it perfectly to hit one's target rather then having it heat seek on them. I agree. The target should be area based.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Markmosthandsome wrote:Still it's scripted pvp which is something I really wasn't expecting here ;[
I don't see an issue with running any sort of script or macro to have that advantage over another player.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Tron

Post by Tron »

pots do not "heat seek"

the reason they look like that is just a uo default way of handling animations.

you may think it is heat seeking on you, but it was thrown perfectly to dmg you and so the animation has to attempt to show the dmg also.

also, i am in favor of this change. i do not macro my pots, and i think macroed explosion pots is pretty insane for the avg player. a random 3-5 timer or 3-4 even would make them non macroable.

i use explode pots often so this essentially hurts my playstyle, since there will be more delay on some throws, but the shard effect would be positive.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:
ClowN wrote:explode pots are era accurate the way they are. i personally do not see a problem with them on this server. even abusing the games mechanical flaws with razor, explode pots still are not that useful. I use them on my dexxer as a way of dealing a little extra damage, but i cant honestly say iv ever won a fight because of one.
If you never won a fight because of Ex-po's then why do you continue using them then?

i thought i made this clear but ill explain it again. i use them to deal a LITTLE bit of extra damage. Iv never actually delt a kill shot with an explode pot here tho.

i dont see any problem with them. this is exactly how i remember using them on OSI.

Tron

Post by Tron »

a 3-4 second timer would require them to be manually thrown only.

i dont see this being changed tho as this is a razor issue, and not an accuracy issue.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!