1st annual cA Detect Hidden training Party!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

1st annual cA Detect Hidden training Party!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This event was a remotely big success, ran into some problems that we will work around for the next time we do this. Thanks to those who participated. Congrats to all the new GM scouts. If you would like ths hosted again, you can contact me via IRC.

We are opening our private detect-hidden training house to the general public this one time. After my countless attempts to down-talk use of this skill at banks, I found many newbie-characters still macroing to their hearts content at these locations. Here is how it works...

Please post your name in this thread if you hope to attend, this is not a localized event, friends and non-friends of the guild are welcome. You will not be stolen from during this event, and I will personally guarantee your safety while the event is going on.

You pay 2000gp, and I will pick you up from WBB at the slotted time. You then enter the house stand on a red piece of cloth and macro detect hidden at a single box. I will help you set up the macros if need be. 30 minutes later, you walk out with GM detect hidden. It's that simply.

There is no point in attempting to grief this event, I will be supervising for the entirety of the event, you are welcome to go AFK while you macro. If you plan on telekenesis'ing the box(es) it will not work as the boxes will not be targetable by your line of sight. If you feel the entry fee is too high, we can talk about it.

This even will occur on Sunday, June 7th at 3pm EST. If you cannot attend I will schedule another event provided you can bring at least a party of 5 to attend.

No tricks, no purple potions, just a gathering of shady individuals looking to enhance their skill gain. Do not PM me for additional info, please post questions in this thread.

On the day of the event, I will be in IRC 30 minutes prior to it starting to arrange transportation, otherwise catch me at WBB during that timeframe.

EDIT: For your 2000gp donation to the cA fund for bardic arts, you may bring as many characters from YOUR accounts as you wish. The cost is per IP address. This money is not going towards purchasing rares, or buying a house. It will be applied directly to our grant department to help enrich aspiring bards within the shard.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: 1st annual cA Detect Hidden training Party!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

count me in...this is a great idea. thanks Matron!

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Does Detect Hidden allow you to passively detect stealthers? I'm trying to figure out what template(s) this skill would be useful in. I've always thought of it as not versatile enough to take up skill points on.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Daltrey wrote:Does Detect Hidden allow you to passively detect stealthers? I'm trying to figure out what template(s) this skill would be useful in. I've always thought of it as not versatile enough to take up skill points on.
Yes, it compares your int/Detect hidden against the stealthers Hiding/dex.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you r sig is quality
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Count me in.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pickups from WBB are starting in a few minutes!

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Hey sorry I wasn't able to make it, had some things come up.

Hope it worked out well for you guys.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Altay

Post by Altay »

Worked out? It more than just 'WORKED out' it was a party in there. We all got drunk and started taking turns detecting hidden each other and giggled like little schools girls every time someone got un-hidden. It was a blast.
Shameless self promotion below:
MMOHut - Free MMORPG / MMO Game Reviews!

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Daltrey wrote:Does Detect Hidden allow you to passively detect stealthers? I'm trying to figure out what template(s) this skill would be useful in. I've always thought of it as not versatile enough to take up skill points on.
Passively?
I don't think so.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Eulogy wrote:
Passively?
I don't think so.
Yes it does

A radius around the player is taken into account and compares the Detect/Int of one player against the Hide/Dex of the other.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Do the same rules apply for the Invisy spell?

Return to “Player Run Events”