Problem in Razor with Bandage Self hotkey

Daltrey

Problem in Razor with Bandage Self hotkey

Post by Daltrey »

Has anyone experienced this in Razor before?

I recently created a dexer character, and I set a "bandage self" hotkey for him. It works fine, but the next time I open UO, and log in on any character, Razor treats EVERY hotkey combination that I try to use as "bandage self". So, I end up having to set the bandage self hotkey every time I want to use the dexer, and then unset it when I'm done.

Also, could anyone explain what the "Pass to UO" checkbox actually does?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Problem in Razor with Bandage Self hotkey

Post by Batlin »

Not sure what's going on with the hot key, what hot key are you assigning it to?

If you select "Pass to UO" then razor will also send that key to the client, if it's unchecked the client never receives the key. You can use it to make both your client and razor do something on the hotkey.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Hm. What would that be useful for? I've never used Razor prior to playing on this shard.

I've tried different things for the bandage self macro, Alt-Z, Alt-X, that kind of stuff. All of my other hotkeys work fine, but if I close and restart the client after setting the bandage self hotkey, it tries to bandage me whenever I execute ANY hotkey.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Hm. What would that be useful for? I've never used Razor prior to playing on this shard.
I have no idea either, the only hotkey I assigned like that was ESCape, to Cancel Last Target and then let the client do it's own cancelling.

As a test, clear all your hot keys and try to assign only "bandage self". If you're capable of editing files I can tell you how you can try to add the hot key directly in the razor configuration file.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Also check the razor forums and faq at www.runuo.com/razor. Lots of specific information there.
<@SecondAge> Several Lichs have been spotted in the Britain Graveyard.
<@SecondAge> The cause is unknown and several townspeople were seen fleeing in fear
<Vintirex-droid> Several townspeople, Not a big enough problem imo

Jynxy

Post by Jynxy »

Do you use separate profiles for each character? I haven't been and I had the same issue. I usually use f3 for invis on mages and bandage self on a dexer. So I had to put my bandage self macro on a different hot key. I plan to eventually plan to set up a profile for each character but it hasn't been that big of a deal yet for me to do it.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Okay, noob question. How do you have Razor save a separate profile for each character?

Jynxy

Post by Jynxy »

General tab has the profile option and you press new to make one. It is in the lower right hand corner above opacity.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Update: I created a new Razor profile for my dexer character, and assigned just few hotkeys for the profile. I also got rid of almost all UO macros (the ones that I use universally across all chracters).

Still having the same problem. In fact, now Razor doesn't even wait until I quit UO and restart it. If I set Bandage Self to Alt-Z, for example, every time I hit Alt, it will try to bandage me. So, then I recorded a manual Bandage Self macro and tried that instead, and I had the exact same problem! I have tried assigning both macros to a variety of hotkey combinations with no luck. Any ideas?