Provoking war

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ArchaicSubrosa

Provoking war

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Provoking is an aggressive act, an aggressive act against a monster will result in it trying tod destroyithe initiate of such attack first and foremost the smae as if you physically assaulted a creature and others intrude. Indeed you could provoke a monster without targeting it to anything disturbing it's train of thought from any previous provocation.
I made this a thread in itself to explain.
try hitting an orc with a sword, then have another character hit it with a sword and watch how it tries to persue you instead of stopping to melee with the new attacker. The rules are the same it is no bug. So in fact Bards could war in this fashion. One Bard happens upon another bard who provoked a dragon, the Bard then provokes the dragon but does not target it to any other victim. The result there is no flagging grey as the monster was indeed provoked but not towards anything but it's first attacker...
How's that for talking in circles.

ClowN

Re: Provoking war

Post by ClowN »

i KINDA understand what you are saying, but you lost me with the last part about flagging.

Eulogy

Re: Provoking war

Post by Eulogy »

The monsters stop fighting because of the provocation attempt, and the monster "remembers" that he was fighting the original provocator.

Or, something..