armor values inncorect?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
valheru

armor values inncorect?

Post by valheru »

I puchased armor from an NPC vendor today so that I could train stealth.

I put on the chain tunic, chain legs, and gloves, which gave me 18 AR. I then put on the ringmail sleeves, which actually LOWERED my AR to 17. Is this an isolated incident?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: armor values inncorect?

Post by Kraarug »

valheru wrote:I puchased armor from an NPC vendor today so that I could train stealth.

I put on the chain tunic, chain legs, and gloves, which gave me 18 AR. I then put on the ringmail sleeves, which actually LOWERED my AR to 17. Is this an isolated incident?
Armor values are incorrect right now. You are also not able to layer ring sleves on chain tunics for additonal AR value either.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

valheru wrote:I puchased armor from an NPC vendor today so that I could train stealth.

This is the way it's currently working, the Ring arms are overriding the arms value from the chain tunic. We're no longer sure that this is correct though.

I'm not aware that there are any incorrect armor values, only aware of this chest/arms vs arms inconsistancy.

Tron

Post by Tron »

Derrick wrote:

This is the way it's currently working, the Ring arms are overriding the arms value from the chain tunic. We're no longer sure that this is correct though.

I'm not aware that there are any incorrect armor values, only aware of this chest/arms vs arms inconsistancy.
the chain chest is bugged - its not just ring arms, studded arms do the same thing. and i didn't know it was intended like this, i thought it was known and was supposed to be fixed?

i've been waiting for a fix on this for awhile, is there no plan to do so?
as per the moment, chain chests, are garbage.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Tron wrote: the chain chest is bugged - its not just ring arms, studded arms do the same thing. and i didn't know it was intended like this, i thought it was known and was supposed to be fixed?

i've been waiting for a fix on this for awhile, is there no plan to do so?
as per the moment, chain chests, are garbage.
I'm pretty confused on what the problem is with chain chests:

Chain chest + naked yields :14 (10 for chest and 4 for arms)
Ring chest + naked yields :: 9 (chest only)

chain chest + ring arms: 13 (10 for chest and 3 for arms)
ring chest + ring arms: 12 (9 for chest and 3 for arms)

values for all armor available here: http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/armor.html

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Chain tunic should only count for the chest armor.

Any female chest piece should count for the arms armor(just like chain is now).

Also, you used to be able to wear pants(leather, studded, chain, cloth) under plate legs.

Derrick, were you using normal armor or exceptional?

I normally wear a chain shirt with no arms.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

[quote="stratics"]
* This piece of armor covers both the Body and Arms. Combine the two different display-AR values in order to determine the total AR value displayed in-game.
[/stratics]
You can wear pants and leather under plate legs.

This is normal storebought armor, exceptional/magic/worn out values would scale appropriately

If the arms value for chain was removed, the AR protection would be 10, so even if this change was accuarte it wouldn't seem like that would increase the value of the chainmail chest

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Derrik I was a blacksmith for a very long time. Through all of T2A and atleast as far into UOR that i played the standard suit of armor was the "archer suit"

That was chain shirt, ring shoulders, plate gorget, chain pants, whatever hat.

If you put a chain shirt on and a ring shoulders you lose armor.. thats not possibly correct or that would not have been the suit of armor everyone was wearing forever.

Chain Shirts covered chest only!
[broken image]

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Even though I am not 100% sure (but I am about 95%), I do believe that chain tunic + whatever arms yielded a greater value than just chain + no arms. The archer dex suit of chain tunic + ringmail arms was a staple for all blacksmiths at the time, even though many would swap out the ring arms for plate.

That Stratics quote does disagree with me though, so that's where my confusion is...
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Watch out for Vendors who have looted their customers and resold their wares

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

tekai wrote:Derrik I was a blacksmith for a very long time. Through all of T2A and atleast as far into UOR that i played the standard suit of armor was the "archer suit"

If you put a chain shirt on and a ring shoulders you lose armor.. thats not possibly correct or that would not have been the suit of armor everyone was wearing forever.

I do understand this part of the argument. I agree that something is doesn't seem right here, and the behavior is different in the demo as well. However the coment I was trying to understand is Tron's above regarding them being garbage. It's based on the stratics info, which of course has been known to be wrong.

My personal theory is that the arms were covered by the chain tunic, and it just wasn't part of the displayed AR value (which is a completely contrived value and used for nothing but display anyway)

Tron

Post by Tron »

Derrick wrote:
tekai wrote:Derrik I was a blacksmith for a very long time. Through all of T2A and atleast as far into UOR that i played the standard suit of armor was the "archer suit"

I do understand this part of the argument. I agree that something is doesn't seem right here, and the behavior is different in the demo as well. However the coment I was trying to understand is Tron's above regarding them being garbage. It's based on the stratics info, which of course has been known to be wrong.

My personal theory is that the arms were covered by the chain tunic, and it just wasn't part of the displayed AR value (which is a completely contrived value and used for nothing but display anyway)

I meant a chain chest was garbage in comparison with say a ring chest, or a studded.

Unless the displayed armor value is false?

I think I may be lost somewhere, but my only piece of constructive info is some more reassurance that chain chest does not count as "arms" armor also. You could always wear chain chests with all 3 arm types for different amounts of AR.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:

The light archer is the armor that I noticed dosen't seem correct here.

On OSI it consisted of:
Helm
Plate gorget (-1 dex)
Chain Tunic
Chain Legs
Ring Sleeves
Ring Gloves.

Here on UOSA the addition of the ring sleeves does not add to the AR value and thus may not be T2A accurate.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

It's easier to meditate through ring mail sleeves and it gives better protection when you rip the suit off to do so.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you put on a full archer suit you will find the AR to be 100% correct
The difference between a Ring suit and a chain suit is that the chain suit will give one more AR displayed.