Dp hallies, non accurate.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zigo-U-

Dp hallies, non accurate.

Post by Zigo-U- »

I would first like to state that we use the shit out of DP hallies, but this has been a rumor created years ago, that was never true during the t2a era. Ive seen it implimented on a few servers with the arguement that its era accurate.

You couldn't dp a 2 handed weapon during t2a from 1998 to 1999, period.

backdown00

Re: Dp hallies, non accurate.

Post by backdown00 »

Zigo-U- wrote:I would first like to state that we use the shit out of DP hallies, but this has been a rumor created years ago, that was never true during the t2a era. Ive seen it implimented on a few servers with the arguement that its era accurate.

any patch notes to support this or evidence?

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Zigo-U- wrote:I would first like to state that we use the shit out of DP hallies, but this has been a rumor created years ago, that was never true during the t2a era. Ive seen it implimented on a few servers with the arguement that its era accurate.

pretty sure your wrong. i gained poisoning on my char during t2a on spears.

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

backdown00 wrote:

any patch notes to support this or evidence?
... of course I don't have patch notes to support this.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

doubt ud find any either. its accurate.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Faust wrote:
Poisoning

You will not be able to heal a poisoned character through any method (healing skill, spells, potions, etc.) until they are first cured of the poison.
All poisons will now have a minimum damage. Poison does damage based on a percentage of the target's current hit points, at low levels, poison was less effective. If the formula that determines poison damage is less than the minimum associated with the poison, then the target will take the minimum value for damage.
Poisoned weapons will corrode unless wiped clean with oil cloth (which will be made by tailors). The more often a poisoned weapon is used before being wiped clean, the more durability it loses. You can only wipe off a blade once it has begun to corrode.
Only one-handed bladed weapons can be poisoned.
Having the poisoning skill will reduce the rate at which a poisoned weapon corrodes. For instance, a deadly poisoned weapon wielded by a character with over 50 poisoning would corrode as if it were greater poison. At over 99 skill, the deadly poison will corrode as if it were only regular poison. This will significantly reduce the rate at which poison corrodes a weapon when wielded by assassins (characters with the poison skill).
It was changed to one-handed weapons during UOR.

Here's the previous thread for reference on this: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2721
After making that thread I realized that they had poisoning on one-handed weapons only, on IPY and that was what I was remembering.

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

Huh. I guess i'm wrong.

Sultani19

Post by Sultani19 »

Silverfoot wrote:
Faust wrote:
Poisoning

You will not be able to heal a poisoned character through any method (healing skill, spells, potions, etc.) until they are first cured of the poison.
All poisons will now have a minimum damage. Poison does damage based on a percentage of the target's current hit points, at low levels, poison was less effective. If the formula that determines poison damage is less than the minimum associated with the poison, then the target will take the minimum value for damage.
Poisoned weapons will corrode unless wiped clean with oil cloth (which will be made by tailors). The more often a poisoned weapon is used before being wiped clean, the more durability it loses. You can only wipe off a blade once it has begun to corrode.
Only one-handed bladed weapons can be poisoned.
Having the poisoning skill will reduce the rate at which a poisoned weapon corrodes. For instance, a deadly poisoned weapon wielded by a character with over 50 poisoning would corrode as if it were greater poison. At over 99 skill, the deadly poison will corrode as if it were only regular poison. This will significantly reduce the rate at which poison corrodes a weapon when wielded by assassins (characters with the poison skill).
It was changed to one-handed weapons during UOR.

Here's the previous thread for reference on this: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2721
After making that thread I realized that they had poisoning on one-handed weapons only, on IPY and that was what I was remembering.
IPY originally had DP hallies. But it was changed because good mechanics were deemed better than accurate and bad ones. Still, DP two handers were very much a part of t2a.

Faust

Post by Faust »

DP hallies are deemed bad according to whom?

Pro

Post by Pro »

Obviously the IPY playerbase and admins.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Markmosthandsome wrote:Obviously the IPY playerbase and admins.
Perhaps they should have tried using the accurate poisoning system and this wouldn't have been a problem.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Faust wrote:
Perhaps they should have tried using the accurate poisoning system and this wouldn't have been a problem.

Perhaps they did and still didn't like it?

Faust

Post by Faust »

They didn't. :wink:

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

For the life of me, two handed poisoned weapons is something that I just don't remember actually using in era and I felt I used every advantage I could in PvP.

For some reason, and I had a GM poisoner, when fighting I seem to remember having to switch to a kryss to deliver dp and then swtich to spear for decent damage.

Sultani19

Post by Sultani19 »

Faust wrote:
You mean accurate like on here where you can cast cure like 7 times and chug 5 pots and still not cure it?

Yea.. that would have been better. Oh wait... no it wouldnt.

This argument is irrelevent and off topic though, who cares about IPY. Fact is, you could DP a hally on t2a.