is this build doomed to be crappy?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
andrael

is this build doomed to be crappy?

Post by andrael »

Hey, im new to this game im currently planning on this build

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Animal taming
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Magic Resist
100 Animal lore

100 str
100 dex
25 int

is this build doomed to be crappy because thats what i was told by an experianced player. Is it going to be worth taming and animal lore with low intelligence?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: is this build doomed to be crappy?

Post by Chaos »

imo best thing to do if you new is have magery .. on what char depends on your resources but if nothing else you main should be able to travel at easy . so some magery is required .. however if you can afford or can make unlimited recalls then hey you might be effective in what ever nitch you find yourself..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

yes.. because you won't have magery to gate pets.. you would only be able to have moounted pets to gate to areas.. also.. no not.. w/o magery.. and magery w/o med, vet is crucial.. your pet should be the focus... so drop resist for vet at least.. If you still want to stay melee.. next.... consider dropping anatomy for Magery... this would give you:

100 swords
100 tactics
100 healing
100 taming
100 lore
100 vet
100 magery

You could gate pets. Heal pets. You could also do decent melee damage and minimal heals on yourself when needed (carry pots for cure or use magery). It is not easy being a melee tamer, but this is the route I would go.

OR, forget the concept of 7x.. Try this:

100 Swords
100 tactics
80 healing
80 anatomy
100 taming
100 lore
80 Vet
60 magery (use gate scrolls)

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Personally, if you want to keep a combat skill, and your 100% about it, i would go with archery, you can then drop anatomy as the 30% is not going to make or break you, so you can drop healing aswell as its useless without anatomy. We now have 100 points for magery, and a spare 100 points for vet aswell as keeping resist or med. So...

Taming
Lore
Vet
Archery
Tactics
Magery
Med/Resist

I played that exact build on my 'Ranger' on europa and its a fun build to play, little bit diffrent too. I also considered the whole gate with scrolls thing, and tried it too, its workable but a pain in the arse tbh. Im a magic whore though, i dont think i have any charecters without at least 30 magery...

Or

GM Taming
GM Lore
GM Tactics
GM Archery
90 Magery
80 Vet
65 Med
65 Resist

But yeah, you really need 90+ magery on a tamer for gating, its a pre-requisite.
?

andrael

Post by andrael »

thanks for the helpful replies, I am already 90 in swords so i dont really want to drop it and my resist is 50 so i dont want to drop that either and i like taming, so this is what i came up with after the suggestions.

GM Taming
GM Lore
GM Tactics
GM Sword
GM Magery
GM Vet
GM Resist

Do you guys think that is better? And one more question do you think i should gm strength and inteligence with this build?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

andrael wrote:thanks for the helpful replies, I am already 90 in swords so i dont really want to drop it and my resist is 50 so i dont want to drop that either and i like taming, so this is what i came up with after the suggestions.

GM Taming
GM Lore
GM Tactics
GM Sword
GM Magery
GM Vet
GM Resist

Do you guys think that is better? And one more question do you think i should gm strength and inteligence with this build?
100 str 63 int 62 dex
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “Guides”