Howdy everyone, I could really use some help...

hoboboxerjoe

Howdy everyone, I could really use some help...

Post by hoboboxerjoe »

Hello, I'm new here. Basicly new to UO as well, I did play it for a few months about 10 years ago lol, I haven't ever forgotton it either. I was just playing it like a moron before.

Anyway, when I heard about a free UO 2nd age I got very excited, came here and downloaded the 2nd age with patch. I patched it, downloaded Razor, and the other thing you need if you have vista, installed them.

So when I get to trying to start from Razor it won't let me type in the port and it won't display the server name at all. When I try to join another 2nd age server (thats what it says, anyway) it wont even start and I get a fatal error message.

All the firewalls are deactivated for this game and razor and the other program. As far as I'm aware I have followed all instructions to a T. I just haven't figured out how to find the server yet or get the game going :P

Any help would be appreciated. I'll try to provide whatever information I can. Thanks!

EDIT: When I try to start Razor it says "Razor is unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file some text may not be displayed"

I can't find any info on what I'm doing wrong.

Derrick

Re: Howdy everyone, I could really use some help...

Post by Derrick »

I'm glad you found us. I hope we can get your client problem fixed.
The likely solution for your problem is the 4th or 5th item in the client problem FAQ listed here:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6623

Likely the patcher patched the install folder and not the installed client, if you installed to a non default folder.

As far as putting in the correct server name and port, the port field is not available until you type in a server name. Type directly into the dropdown box: uosecondage.com

Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing you in game!

Pristiq

Re: Howdy everyone, I could really use some help...

Post by Pristiq »

hoboboxerjoe wrote:I was just playing it like a moron before.
Haha, me too. I never got any skill higher than ~70, and must've known a fair bit of everything. Was a fun way to play, not caring about PvP or being a 7x GM. On top of that, I had a shitload of items (including rares) that I never knew I had till I looked deep inside my bankbox.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!