An Alignment Chart Thingy For Role-Playing Minded Folks

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

An Alignment Chart Thingy For Role-Playing Minded Folks

Post by Mephistopheles »

Lawful Good: Does not steal from people. Does not kill anyone who is blue, ever. Goes out of their way to help people. Actively seeks to kill greys and murderers. Does not summon anything that is flagged red as this goes against their morals. They do not flag red, or grey, ever.

Lawful Neutral: Does not steal from people. Does not kill anyone who is blue, ever. However, they won't necessarily help out a player in dire circumstances either. Nor will they actively seek to hand out justice. Is okay with summoning Daemons and such but tries their best to keep their Vortexes from possibly harming other people. They do not flag red but would be okay with flagging grey if it was for the friendly purpose of learning a skill. Not the kind of person that would loot a blue.

Lawful Evil: Does not steal from people. Kills players who are blue. Is usually accompanied by an ally in their wrong-doings. The typical coward, they would be more than happy to block off another person and preventing them from escaping an angry monster's clutches. Is delighted to see their Vortexes kill other players and, while they claim they aren't thieves, it wouldn't go too far against their morals to loot a person's corpse and then lie about it. However, they do not use the Stealing skill as they feel that this is below them. They don't necessarily flag red but they're not to be trusted if they're blue either.

Chaotic Good: Is the kind of person who would steal from a wealthy player to help out a poor newcomer but not for their own gains. Does not kill players who are blue, unless that player has obviously done something criminal or evil within their vicinity. Like a player who loots a corpse then comes back two minutes later. Is okay with summoning creatures that are flagged red but tries their best to keep their Vortexes from possibly harming innocents. They do not flag red ever, nor do they flag grey unless it's for friendly skill gain purposes as they are a Good person.

Chaotic Neutral: Is the kind of person who would steal just for kicks. Not necessarily malicious but not someone you would want to depend on as an ally too much either. They make great mercenaries, as killing an innocent isn't on their to-do list unless they are hired to do so. Would probably loot you or help you die but it might vary depending on their attitude towards you. The kind of person who would summon a Vortex for the purposes of killing an enemy but would laugh if it ended up killing another player. They try not to flag red but if they did they would work the time off with all intent of returning to society. At their own pace, of course.

Chaotic Evil: The Chaotic Evil person does not have friends, as they try to kill anyone they see on sight. If you play a Chaotic Evil character and you travel with a companion, you are doing it all wrong unless it's your intent to kill them after the day's work. Are you not dry looting and killing people's horses? You should be. Try to kill any nearby wandering healers too. You go out of your way to make "gameplay" as miserable as possible for another player. The zenith of the griefer, able to be perfectly represented in an online environment with UO. If you play a Chaotic Evil character, the only time you should ever be blue is when you are working your skills/murder count up.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: An Alignment Chart Thingy For Role-Playing Minded Folks

Post by BlackFoot »

your lawful good shouldnt jsut randomly kill all grays beacuse theya re gray, that aint right :<
many peopel go gray by accident
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Many people do go grey by accident, yes but there's nothing stopping them from saying, "'Twas an accident! Please don't kill me!" They could just as easily go grey and lie about it to in order to "trick" the LG character. It's all dependent upon the circumstances but the LG Alignment is basically one that involves the ethos of "Swing first ask later." Tough roles, no doubt.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I'd say I am lawful neutral

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Are you asking us to put in our alignment for all to see in guildname titles?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Did you see a question in my original post?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Mephistopheles wrote:Did you see a question in my original post?
sorry no
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Mephistopheles wrote:Did you see a question in my original post?
sorry no

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Try this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

A little non-specific but amusing nonetheless.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

sounds familier.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

What's the difference, exactly, between a "lawful neutral" person and a "neutral good" person?

Or a "lawful evil" and "neutral evil"?

And what does "true neutral" really mean?

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr »

Mephistopheles wrote:What's the difference, exactly, between a "lawful neutral" person and a "neutral good" person?

Or a "lawful evil" and "neutral evil"?

And what does "true neutral" really mean?
Lawful Neutral would imply a person who works within the confines of the law, but isn't necessarily a beacon of morality. A typical bounty hunter might fit this profile. What he does might help people or hurt people, but it's not some higher level of "Justice" that motivates him, it's just his job.

Neutral Good is probably the typical person. He doesn't mind breaking the rules once in a while for his own agenda or for people close to him, but he's also not rebellious enough to harm society as a whole. He is Good because he tends to put others before himself. I think that Solid Snake is a fair comparison here. What he does is espionage, but he does it to help humanity as a whole.

Lawful Evil is an interesting alignment that I often play. Order and control above all else, at any cost. Darth Vader really is a good comparison. Torture, killing all that oppose you, dealing with dark powers or technology that may bring as much harm as good, are all in a day's work. They are Lawful because typically they want people to cooperate and join their cause, and will not usually do anything that would upset law and order. Power is a pretty big goal. Of course they would be more than willing to (ab)use loopholes in the law for their own gain. In UO I think that the opportunistic 'noto PK' would fit here rather than in Lawful Good, but it isn't limited to that. Lawful Evil people could be just as easy to get along with as Lawful Good people... as long as you follow their rules.

Neutral Evil is the typical extremely selfish person. He will do anything to improve his own situation. Being a pessimist I usually assume that people I meet are this, and I'm usually right.

True Neutral has always been a strange alignment. It can be taken two ways. One: Your place is in doing nothing to upset the balance of power between Good and Evil, Law and Chaos. This usually has roots in some sort of philosophy of "Greater Benefit", that neither "Good" nor "Evil" is correct, but they both have some of it right. The Middle Path is the right one. The same goes for the "Law" and "Chaos" philosophies. Law, taken to an extreme, diminishes the freedoms of the individual. Chaos, taken to an extreme, creates an unlivable world without peace. An appropriate balance of both is an ideal way of creating a society. So a Druid or Monk for example that is True Neutral might be extremely pacifistic normally, choosing a way of life that doesn't influence others, like a hermit. When a crisis arises he might examine the situation and work in ways to either nullify the incident by working covertly or by aiding one side or the other to restore the balance. For D&D-style Druids the influence of Nature, above all else, is most important. Nature in its pure sense is neither good nor evil, as primitive creatures simply work for survival. Law is a superficial human device that goes against survival of the fittest, so some may be inclined to be Chaotic. A True Neutral one would realise that even nature, or gods have their own laws, even if they're not written. Some people take True Neutral to mean you can do whatever you want, because one person cannot possibly affect the balances significantly whatever they do. They usually end up being Chaotic-something in actuality.

I don't know if you actually wanted a response, but I always like talking about the alignments. I don't necessarily see that as this rigid though. A person might swing between alignments in her own lifetime. It can also be seen simply as a tool for looking at other people. Nobody wakes up one day and says, "I think I'm going to commit to being Chaotic Good today." It's all relative, even in the Law and Chaos sphere. One nation's laws is anothers taboos, yet their leaders both share the alignments of Lawful-something.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Here is my take
Lawful Good:
Law Abiding citizen who would not intentionally harm a soul unless it were to defend and protect himself or friends
Neutral Good:
Doesn't concern himself with politics, laws, or rebellion. He just perserves his sense of goodness regarding his own actions.
Chaotic Good:
Understands that the law was made to hold power over others and values peace and freedom over control and servitude.
This character is your typical rebel.

Lawful Neutral:
This is your mercenery type, your police officer, he isnt there to judge but to bring order. He is the one true follower, for he knows obediance keeps the peace.
True Neutral:
This character's place in the world is survival and will side with anything that counters anything that destroys the balance and harmony of life particularly his own
Chaotic neutral:
This player type likes to jump on the opposing side of anything just to tip the scales, and mostly out of fun. He is against all rules and makes none for himself.

Lawful Evil: These are your power mongers and self servers who if they are not in control will suck up to get their piece of the pie. Yet they would not dare step out of line. Not saying they would not rob or kill..they would and do every chance they get if they feel it's in their right to. They believe in Honor amongst theives.
Neutral evil:
Also self serving but to the point of fanaticsm. It's all about them. They will do anything in their power to benefit themselves. Yet they are not ignorant. Patience is their friend.Like snakes lying in wait. Still until the oppurtunity arises to further their goals. This type will help a player until he falls...and when he does he will loot and run. Or wait until he has the chance to kill them himself.
Chaotic evil:
This type loves destruction...it makes him feel powerful. There is no thought in it, he will kill for the sake of killing. He will attack just because he can. If he wants something he will take it,if he doesnt want something he will take it. He is your typical PK. He hates all things good and will only show respect to something more powerful to scavenge under him. But should that being fall or show weakness he would seize oppurtunity for he is loyal to nothing not even his own self only to his desire to consume all things in his wake.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Wow, those pics are priceless. Sadly, I understand them and none of my friends do...
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock