Can't use razor to set a speech macro?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Can't use razor to set a speech macro?

Post by GuardianKnight »

I tried setting a speech macro and it stops recording and says Exec> stop recording .

why?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Can't use razor to set a speech macro?

Post by GuardianKnight »

I tricked it into taking speech by doing the "alt q" to repeat what i said so it didn't get a chance to stop my macro again. Here's what i was doing. I wanted to set up a macro to "a kill" "b kill" but now it only accepts the last macro i put in . Is it normal that it won't allow more than 1 kill macro together?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

If you want to create one macro that calls other macros, then yes, that's a Razor limitation.

Executing another macro will stop the current macro.

You're better off by configuring your speech using the UO Client built-in macro system.
Open your paperdoll, press the Options buttons. It's lower button and the left side, which looks like a moon with an arrow.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

All you have to do is record, type what you want to say in game so you have to click back to UO screen and then it records it when you typed it all in and press enter.
You also might need to put pauses inbetween sentences in order for it to not all mesh together and freeze. This would also help if you use it to target.
I think if you had a macro that said "name kill" then "all guard" targeting the creature that is head of the pack it would be faster to send out your pets against a target as long as first said pet was already engaged. Of course the creatures would all be grey then and attackable by any blue character. So you could switch it back to "a,s,d,f, kill" respectively after so they would all engage fast but revert back to blue after initiating kill commands.
You can also begin recording where you last left off. So if continued speech stops the recording just click last frame and begin recording there using the options menu that springs up when you do.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.