Movement Issue's

Uga

Movement Issue's

Post by Uga »

Hi, i joined the server yesterday, i used to play on different freeshard.

Upon installing (ML, version 6.x.x) and logging in, everything works fine apart from movement. I move about 3 steps, then stop, then move a further 3 steps, then stop, etc. Almost a laggy effect, but i cant be lagging as my pc has no problem playing UO on other shards (as well as World of Warcraft and other onling games). Only thing i can think is that its either the client messed up on install or me accidently going into the v6.x.x slightly, or my router ports arnt opened correctly.

Has anyone had this problem before or know how to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated, ty.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Movement Issue's

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Has just been lag the past couple of days, ussually not an issue at all so don't get discouraged. The staff here are great, and most issues get ironed out pretty quick.

Teph

Post by Teph »

ive been playing with lag for a year now, get used to it or leave basically. if the problem isnt affecting enough other people you basically get the shaft by gms

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Teph wrote:ive been playing with lag for a year now, get used to it or leave basically. if the problem isnt affecting enough other people you basically get the shaft by gms
ROFL. The shaft? What do you want them to do, wire a direct connection to your house? If you are having lag issues and everyone else isn't, then it is probably an issue with your ISP/connection, NOT with the server.

The only issues I have had with lag was when I started and that lasted 2 days. To combat the issue they actually upgraded/overhauled the server hardware. I haven't had much of an issue since.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

zzyzx wrote:
Teph wrote:ive been playing with lag for a year now, get used to it or leave basically. if the problem isnt affecting enough other people you basically get the shaft by gms
ROFL. The shaft? What do you want them to do, wire a direct connection to your house? If you are having lag issues and everyone else isn't, then it is probably an issue with your ISP/connection, NOT with the server.

The only issues I have had with lag was when I started and that lasted 2 days. To combat the issue they actually upgraded/overhauled the server hardware. I haven't had much of an issue since.
Indeed, we don't contol the Internet.

As far as this specific problem, the best advice I can give is to download the 5.0.8.3 client, the server is on a base map of 5.0.8.3. I don't know what could cause this issue, although you don't have it on other shards it has to be something specific to your client, or local connection.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."