Minning

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ZuesGoose

Minning

Post by ZuesGoose »

My first character on osi was a miner, and I remember being able to mine every tile of a cave back then. There was no color ore, it came mid way through T2A. we used to put two shovels on the ground and mine with both of them because of the time delay(before UO assist). The caves northwest of Britain i could pull 1000 ingots out in one pass if there were no other miners and I didn't get pked. I dont remember them changing it until after UOR but i am not certain when the change to bigger area was put in.

I hope i was clear.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Minning

Post by Biohazard »

ZuesGoose wrote:My first character on osi was a miner, and I remember being able to mine every tile of a cave back then. There was no color ore, it came mid way through T2A. we used to put two shovels on the ground and mine with both of them because of the time delay(before UO assist). The caves northwest of Britain i could pull 1000 ingots out in one pass if there were no other miners and I didn't get pked. I dont remember them changing it until after UOR but i am not certain when the change to bigger area was put in.

I hope i was clear.

As far as mining every single square of a cave I am unsure... it sounds a bit much though..

Colored ore, granting karma, and combat changes Feb 2 1999 10:57AM

* Colored ore, ingots and armor go in
* Mining
o Eight new varieties of minerals can now be found.
o Each variety offers a unique color.
o The different colors can only be found by miners of specific skill levels--only Grandmasters or near Grandmasters can find the rarest mineral, valorite.
o Once a vein is located, it will always be at that location from then on. (It behooves miners to conceal this location!) We have seen the feedback from those concerned that these locations will become ambush points. If this develops into a problem, we will make the veins move. For now, however, they will remain where they are found.)
o Even a known vein will not always yield the rare mineral.
o You cannot combine ore of different colors.
o You can only smelt the colored minerals if you meet the Mining skill requirement to do so.
o Smelting more difficult minerals will result in a greater skill gain than smelting easy minerals.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

When I began in the T2A era, I went straight to mining, and the current 8x8 harvest vein system was in place (not that I actually knew at that time it was 8 tiles by 8 tiles exactly).

I wasn't aware it was per tile at a time prior to this, but that would not be a surprise to me.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ZuesGoose

Post by ZuesGoose »

I believe it was changed when they put in the skill gain patch but it was i long time ago. I remember when T2A came out and I was mining north of monic and there were miners mining out the the lost land passage and i was confused as hell because there was no cave there on my client(didn't have T2A yet).