The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Closed

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Closed

Post by Daolin »

Thank you to everyone that tried to put this together. I am closing shop. We are losing too many people every week, and the tavern has become unpredictable with events. It started off an experiment. I'm glad it at least lasted 5 weeks, and I'm satisfied knowing I tried. Take care everyone

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Thanks for your efforts.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

Daolin wrote:Thank you to everyone that tried to put this together. I am closing shop. We are losing too many people every week, and the tavern has become unpredictable with events. It started off an experiment. I'm glad it at least lasted 5 weeks, and I'm satisfied knowing I tried. Take care everyone
well that sucks.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

I stopped by there when I joined but it seemed no one was around. It was a great idea. Anything player run is more fun. Thanks for the effort.

-Z

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Same here. My orc visited a few times but never at the right time.

I appreciate the effort. Also, does this mean the doors will be locked? You could just have farm more spread out events there from time to time or a place to go after shard wide events. That would keep it easier on you and the staff.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

I do not play uosa anymore but I cannot stand to see this tavern close. I have spread word to Daolin and offered some suggestions and propositions. The Thirsty Clam is not going to close.

I believe that the Thirsty Clam is truly the last noble thing being done on this shard. If the thirsty clam is shut down then yes it is true, it probably wont change that much. And uosa will go on and on. But the integrity of the community will be devastated wither you choose to believe it or not.

The thirsty clam was more than just a few events. It was a boost to the community and a lot of good true uo players loved it there and worked hard to manage it and keep it running.

This thirsty clam has given more advice, given more help, given more services, than any other event or guild has ever done. And also all in about one months time.

I will not let this happen because if it does, then the apathetic majority of uosa wins and moves on.

If you got any negative feedback to this then get the fuck out you don't even belong in this thread whatsoever.

I am going to try and bring this back I am speaking with Daolin about it and if it does happen I imagine there will be some changed, but nevertheless the cause is to important to look over.

Yes this was an experiment, but now the experimenting is over. I look at this as a trial run for the clam, I think now more than ever will determine the fate of the clan and to see if it is truly worthy enough to stand the test of time.

So I ask you fellow honest, true players of ultima online. To support these ideas and to support the clam and help work together to bring it back and to make it even better than the last time.

I would also like to say I took the time to make a special dedication to the thirsty clam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX5L9UHK95U

Hopefully this can inspire, and motivate people to stay at the clam. Or to join the clam, or to help out in anyways. Or just motivate people to just come out there. Also to get people to start posting in here.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Hmm well no responses. Oh well I sure do hope this comes back someday. It was one of the coolest things I was a part of on uosa.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

DeadHead

Post by DeadHead »

The Clam is a glorious place...full of tales and wagers of fellow travelers...hate to see it go...at least throw an event once in a while...you had a top notch hangout =) hope things turn around i wanna see the tavern flourish and will help out if needed. had an awsome time there with you guys when i was getting started. Tales humor i dont wanna see go!!. Wish i woulda went there more ..and josh get ur butt back on ;)

- ruthaford

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I still visit the Clam on a regular basis just to see if anyone is there hanging out. I like to just chill and chat there, play a couple games of chess. Events don't have to stop just because the Tavern closed.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

If any staff member would like to host an event (no matter how simple or complex), let me know and i'll edit the original posts of this thread. If you need me to change anything about the tavern (for spacing, etc), let me know. If you need cash prizes or anything, let me know. There is no limit. I have just been really busy, and the closing of the tavern has pushed me to use my free time in other ways. It is still a minimal effort establishment though. It really does not take much to get people to gather and have a good time.

So, like I said, let me know what you are hosting and all the details. If you are not a staff member, you would have to apply.

Thank you guys for keeping interest in this project