Last Man Standing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Last Man Standing

Post by Mirage »

LMS has turned into a joke with everyone cutting deals with one another to team up and give themselves an advantage of getting rid of the better players and basically everyone but themselves. As we all know T^B gets their whole guild on, allies up with 3 other randoms and somehow ive seen the end of the LMS look like this.....

3v3 that they obviously set up in their vent. A random draw of who guessed closest to the number that pancakes threw out there and a 1v1 with one guy watching proceeded with the guy who drew the "long straw" getting a pass. Another random 2v2 and tonight I didn't even bother to see how nonsense ended up tonight after I noticed most of the better pvpers got synched out the earliest.

Random? I highly doubt it. Let me show you an RPV of what a joke this event has become. This is after I saw the upper tier of pvpers get eliminated within probably 2 minutes of the beginning of the event.

http://www.uomovies.com/download.pl?id=3045

I think that something drastic has to be done to this event to bring some credibility to it. I told matron that I'd make a post about this because of what a joke it has turned into, and that if necessary I'll make a conscious effort to turn the event into guild wars which it was not intended to be. I would like to also suggest that trophies be removed from this event until so.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Last Man Standing

Post by Hemperor »

I didn't even bother to see how nonsense ended up tonight after I noticed most of the better pvpers got synched out the earliest.
strategy

edit: btw i won that fight

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Jack

Post by Jack »

the real travesty is what a colossal amount of fuckups let hemperor win

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Its been suggested numerous times that all entrants be polymorphed into a same random character template, guild tags disabled, and chatting disabled.

This still allows for abuse, but it would be reduced. You could still have a party prior to event starting, and vent would also work. I am sure theres something I am missing.

LMS is a joke event just dont do it.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Just don't do it really isn't a solution in my opinion. How about polymorphed into the same looking characters guild tags removed and the bars empty like when you are a ghost and you try to go to the status bar. This would fix it pretty much.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Guild chat and vent would still be an easy way to identify yourself to a fellow guildmate..

The only reason the event turns out this way is simply for the trophy. Perhaps making the trophy received from the LMS event a no-point value trophy will fix this..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

alatar wrote:Guild chat and vent would still be an easy way to identify yourself to a fellow guildmate..

The only reason the event turns out this way is simply for the trophy. Perhaps making the trophy received from the LMS event a no-point value trophy will fix this..
You wouldn't be able to synch anyone because there wouldn't be any status bar names. You can't cross heal in the event so party bars wouldn't be that big of a deal and I'm sure derrick can disable that for the event.

alatar

Post by alatar »

I could still get in vent and label myself as:

"Im the guy spamming weaken"

You can also call target with such manners:

"Target the guy im spamming magic arrow on"

Veteran PvP'ers will always find a way around things like this. The easiest way to stop people from doing these things is to eliminate the reasons that motivate them in the first place. If the trophy from the event can't be used to obtain turn-in rewards, then I don't see a lot of desire for people to stress over it.

Just my .02$ though..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

TBH theres no rules saying we can't do this if we so choose, EVERYONE has done it before, EVERY Guild. You're not going to intentially kill one of your friends right off the back decreasing your chance of actually winning.

I find it odd you still say the "better pvpers" got taken out early, didn't we beat you 2v2 yesterday Hyp and I?
And then beat terror and another one of your guildmates?

I've still never lost a fair fight to you, ever.

I'm Vanette btw.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Cataclyst wrote:TBH theres no rules saying we can't do this if we so choose, EVERYONE has done it before, EVERY Guild. You're not going to intentially kill one of your friends right off the back decreasing your chance of actually winning.

I find it odd you still say the "better pvpers" got taken out early, didn't we beat you 2v2 yesterday Hyp and I?

I'm Vanette btw.

Pretty sure you just admitted to being a lamer.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

There's no way you can eliminate bars already pulled up.

Anyways, it's the same in any other event, one guild just teams up sometimes. It's a lot of fun when you get more than one guild, which is often the case in LMS...the guild to pick the others out first and drop them will win of course. Fine as is imo

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

alatar wrote:I could still get in vent and label myself as:

"Im the guy spamming weaken"

You can also call target with such manners:

"Target the guy im spamming magic arrow on"

Veteran PvP'ers will always find a way around things like this. The easiest way to stop people from doing these things is to eliminate the reasons that motivate them in the first place. If the trophy from the event can't be used to obtain turn-in rewards, then I don't see a lot of desire for people to stress over it.

Just my .02$ though..
No one will play it if a trophy from the turn-in rewards isn't offered in this event. As it stands it's usually late at night to begin with so there isn't a lot of people on there compared to when it was during primetime. Of course people can go to desperate measures to signal themselves as a certain person, or a certain target, but by the time it all gets organized they may be dead by then.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Cataclyst wrote:TBH theres no rules saying we can't do this if we so choose, EVERYONE has done it before, EVERY Guild. You're not going to intentially kill one of your friends right off the back decreasing your chance of actually winning.

I'm Vanette btw.
No TB isn't the only guild that has done this, mYm was doing this just up until their recent inactiveness also. Stop bringing up killing me in a 2v2 and killing my guildmates. Didn't I kill Lucky Gold when you him and hemp were trying to 3v1 me? Yes I did and don't use the lame excuse that he was running around 40% health because I got him there when I was working him prior to you and hemp showing up. So you've lost an "unfair" fight to me in your favor. I've challenged you to duel countless times and you've denied until you man up please stfu and stick to the topic.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Prefer reading the rest of your post, Hemp stopped chasing you, and I was easily 2 screens away. LuckyGold was chasing you with less than 40% health, ALL you did was turn around and ebolt him. He did more damage to himself than you did to him, from him trying to throw explo pots at you. You did not get him to 40% health at all, ever. I don't duel, If I wanted to duel I'd of joined the duel league.

The fact of the matter is Syntax

I've beaten you in EVERY fair fight that I've ever had against you, even numbers.. you have Never.. not once.. ever.. won.. never.. but yet

You have the nerve to call people bad.. I can list and post screenshots on multiple occasions.. and all you have.. is a 5v6 where we had people afk? and you killing someone who was running around with 40% life? Congratulations!
You're a true pvper! You're awesome! Fantastic! No sarcasm here! None at all!
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Cataclyst wrote:I don't duel
You could have just posted this to sum it up.