Oldschool Blacksmith Vendors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should NPCs sell oldstyle colored armor?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 11

Kylock

Oldschool Blacksmith Vendors

Post by Kylock »

Anyone else remember smiths/armorers selling random colored pieces of plate and other armor? They sold a different tone of shadow, agapite, gold, and more.. This would be a cool feature, for newer players who usually make warriors to collect gold -- might even encourage more people to play dexxys/warriors. You'd hafta go town to town trying to match up an entire suit though, and wouldnt really be that easy.

Derrick

Re: Oldschool Blacksmith Vendors

Post by Derrick »

There was another extensive thread on this and we came to the conclusion that these armor pieces were done away with when mineable colored ore was introduced.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

Ahh alright, i looked around a bit and didn't see it, sorry.

I know they were done away with when color ore was introduced, but the armor was still around from collectors. Just thought it might've been a cool feature, that wouldn't really effect gameplay too much, just maybe more of an idea to spark interest for dexxys, maybe the roleplaying type

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. It was still here and there well after it was not sold anymore. Tent's are kind of the same issue, which we have considered adding. They were around for a long while after they weren't being sold anymore.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

Yeah, but tents would really serve no purpose here considering you cant make your own custom courtyard -- that would be a cool feature too though but that's real oldschool.

Quick question -- if i boxed in a monster/animal in my house, would he decay/reset?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, untamed animals "decay" in houses