Gaining Meditation points after being Rezzed

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Gaining Meditation points after being Rezzed

Post by Duke Jones »

Does anyone else remember gaining meditation points immediately following being Resurrected?

Didn't that happened in this era? I know it used happened to me alot. I just can't remember when. It might have been a bug.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Gaining Meditation points after being Rezzed

Post by Hoots »

Duke Jones wrote:Does anyone else remember gaining meditation points immediately following being Resurrected?

Didn't that happened in this era? I know it used happened to me alot. I just can't remember when. It might have been a bug.
passive med... i havnt seen it here on UOSA but believe it should be added.

Pretty small issue as passive med stopped giving gains somewhere around 50 skill (IIRC). I think the stratics page may actually detail passive med.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

UO:R

was removed from here

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

Passive gains are out of era as Hemp already mentioned...

The only way to gain on here is through actively meditating. However, even the way it gains currently is incorrect and inaccurate. Meditation still can gain passively while actively using the skill when it should only check for a skill gain on an initial use of the meditation skill. The way that it works currently is like being able to stealth(check for skill gain) and walking around while each movement checks for a skill gain at the same time. This behavior for meditation gains is very incorrect and not accurate in any shape or form in any era of Ultima Online. The meditation skill should only check for a gain when the skill is actually used and never passively gained even if actively meditating.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Faust wrote:The way that it works currently is like being able to stealth(check for skill gain) and walking around while each movement checks for a skill gain at the same time.

this is off topic, but do you believe stealth is supposed to gain like this? (Skill check at use and then skill check for additional gains on each step)? Currently on UOSA you only gain stealth from the intial use. I made a stealth topic but couldnt find any documentation or many other people to confirm my memory.

If so, please add to this post.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9491

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Hemperor wrote:UO:R

was removed from here
Ok. Thanks for the clarification!
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Faust

Post by Faust »

I am pretty positive stealth didn't work that way during the t2a era.

It may have shifted to a passive state like meditation later on but the early days it did not work like that when the skill would check for a gain.

I can't be certain on this issue since I wasn't a major stealther back in the day. However, I am pretty positive that what I said holds true for the skill. I doubt it would be very hard to research the issue though.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Faust wrote:I am pretty positive stealth didn't work that way during the t2a era.

It may have shifted to a passive state like meditation later on but the early days it did not work like that when the skill would check for a gain.

I can't be certain on this issue since I wasn't a major stealther back in the day. However, I am pretty positive that what I said holds true for the skill. I doubt it would be very hard to research the issue though.
If you come across anything feel free to post it in the stealth thread. I was able to find zero documentation about stealth besides the generic OSI txt from their initial patch. Any site displaying stealth info just copied OSI's words.

I know i set up ez-macros with right clicks for steps when i was gaining the skill...I remember what a PITA it was... oh well, as i said in the stealth thred, without documentation my memories are worthless so i digress.