"One Red Apple" Social Bartering Experiment.

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: "One Red Apple" Social Bartering Experiment.

Post by zzyzx »

Duke Jones wrote: But to be fair, and to protect the interest of the trades. I would like some input from the community. How many people would like this immunity? What would you give for it?
Don't fuel their egos. Bartering for protection? Give me a break. If they don't pk you someone else will.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Thanks Pro, I appreciate the offer and your imagination, but I cant trade for something no one will want. :(

Well, then I would like to see some other offers. I'd rather get ideas, that may or may not be popular, than no ideas at all.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Totally understand - didn't mean to crap on the creativity, it's a cool idea, even if it's a little self-promoting.

I've run into these guys 4 times... I think with either 3 or 4 guys each time. They've killed me 0 times, but they did get one of my dragons once. I guess my point is... how much of a problem are they really? Wouldn't magic earrings with 5 charges of magic reflection be enough to guarantee safety from them every time you see them? That costs 2500 gp or so.

This is pretty much insurance, so you have to multiply the amount you expect to lose by them killing you, times the chance of them killing you. I just don't think that comes to a very high value, unless you're farming for 12 hours in a day at a location that they frequently travel to.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

If you do trade for the immunity duke....trade it to someone mym hates.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Pro

Post by Pro »

He already said he wouldn't and I already said I only said it because it's the only thing thats imaginative that I can offer.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

offer removed
Last edited by son on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

son wrote:Ill trade the weps for 3 kegs of GEXP pots. They sell for at least 7k, and I would sell em for 9k each (21k-27k)
Ok i might consder this. Thanks I'll see if there are any other offers.
son wrote:Id offer more but we know these weps are likely beat down 8C
What do you mean by that? I'm not on top of all you cool kids' jive-talk. :)
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Chum dosent exactly obtain weapons from tmaps. So he probably house looted or stole them.

The one I want the most is the axe and I bet it has been repaired. Ill still offer the 3 kegs tho. Let me know.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I like the mYm idea. Those weapons are worth way more than three greater explode kegs. Just one weapon is probably worth as much as all the kegs.

Perhaps mYm could extend the offer to cover an entire guild, not just one person. A guild of the winning bidder's choice gets the immunity. That could be of immense value to some large bard or tamer type guild.

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

this man knows not what he turns away.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

if this is seriously considered i'll offer again 3kegs dp .. so thats 300 dp .. i'll do book again with unique id's min 10 dp a book so 30 books .. don't even really want the weapons but i do want to see this keep going even though in my opion the last trade was very bad ... (seeing we haven't seen a chum useage of the books) so i see no reason to end a good idea for a bad trade .. kegs are lame .. (sorry bidder.. but 300 personal charges you can split up are much better for trade)

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Pro

Post by Pro »

K new offer I'll give a masterclass on any sort of pvp (not tamer) for the weapons. inb4 you're not even good.

Take note I'm not amazing at 1v1 duel rules, because I never play.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Pro, can you extrapolate on that offer? Let us know what all that means.

Pro

Post by Pro »

I'll take whoever has it on test and teach them all the basics and intermediate techniques or 1v1 pots/no pots, 2v2 or 3v3 combat.

Although they'll have to wait a few days as atm i have no microphone

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Hhmm. I appreciate the offer. But that is pretty close to the hour of time Blackfoot has given. Which is "Supposedly worth" trading for these 3 weps.

I think we've reached that line where people will need to be reminded that I'm trading for goods/services that are noticeably improved than what I currently have.

Does anyone have anything of value that they can't get rid of and willing to trade for these weapons for the sake of the experiment?