Custom named npc vendors?? what the...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
valheru

Custom named npc vendors?? what the...

Post by valheru »

I've come to the attention that the UOSA museum which is in a player owned tower, owned by Blackfoot, has NPC vendors in it with custom names and unique clothing.

The Vendors have names such as "chumbucket", "coffee", etc etc. These were the names of other various players, none of who, other than maybe chumbucket, were that notable. Never-mind the fact that one of the vendors has a GM robe on it, is that allowed?

I do NOT believe that it is era accurate for a player to have CUSTOM named NPCs. If this is allowed for one player, it should be ALLOWED FOR EVERYONE.

Derrick, when are you available to custom name the NPC vendors in ACE village? As soon as you tell me, i'll pm you with the desired names.

This shard is about T2A accuracy, stuff like this sickens me. I'll pry my foot out of my mouth, however, if evidence is provided to prove me wrong. However, if so, I'd still like to know how i could get my own custom NPC vendors.

For the record, I have nothing against this museum. My friend and I have donated several items in support of the museum. We only desire T2A accuracy.

Thanks.

Pristiq

Re: Custom named npc vendors?? what the...

Post by Pristiq »

You're serious, aren't you?

First off, Blackfoot is a very active member in the community and has done ALOT for the shard.

Second, why are you whining about named NPCs in the (un?)official UOSA museum? Sure, Blackfoot owns the actual building, but he's simply the caretaker. The museum is for everyone to ENJOY, not cry about.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

This post is serious?

They are "statues" dedicated to popular figures on the shard. Jeeze. People whine just to feel validated.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Please don't feed the trolls.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Sounds to me like he worked hard to buy a toy but the neighbor kid is rich and keeps getting all the better toys.

Just give the guy some statues. It's not hurting anyone.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

valheru wrote:I've come to the attention that the UOSA museum which is in a player owned tower, owned by Blackfoot, has NPC vendors in it with custom names and unique clothing.

The Vendors have names such as "chumbucket", "coffee", etc etc. These were the names of other various players, none of who, other than maybe chumbucket, were that notable. Never-mind the fact that one of the vendors has a GM robe on it, is that allowed?

I do NOT believe that it is era accurate for a player to have CUSTOM named NPCs. If this is allowed for one player, it should be ALLOWED FOR EVERYONE.

Derrick, when are you available to custom name the NPC vendors in ACE village? As soon as you tell me, i'll pm you with the desired names.

This shard is about T2A accuracy, stuff like this sickens me. I'll pry my foot out of my mouth, however, if evidence is provided to prove me wrong. However, if so, I'd still like to know how i could get my own custom NPC vendors.

For the record, I have nothing against this museum. My friend and I have donated several items in support of the museum. We only desire T2A accuracy.

Thanks.

You act as if something is owed to you.

I had nothing to do with the museum but I know a lot of effort was put in to get this thing going.

People enjoy UO for a number of deferent reasons. Some enjoy griefing, others like PvM, some like RP, some like to collect things and others like to try to make things interesting by providing content. In other words, they contribute instead of just take.

The idea behind the 'custom vendors' is to be a statue. You honestly have a problem with that? It seems your problems with this shard and players are much deeper and, unless you

What do you contribute?

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Kraarug wrote:What do you contribute?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Teknix wrote:
Kraarug is the non-official liason between dexers and shard patches.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Teknix wrote:
Kraarug is the non-official liason between dexers and shard patches.
;)

Well, besides playing the game, helping others and being a part of a large RP guild, I have worked to try to resolve some issues with mechanics such as parry, poison, fencing, interruption, house add-ons, and healing. So, maybe Matron is right, they are dexer centric, but all in an effort to improve the goal of the shard and I've been just one of many voices on the topic. It's not much, nothing like Blackfoot contributes, but it's what I can do.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

my reply was aimed at valheru not kraarug. it is nice to see that somebody is willing to put effort and time into researching any subject/topic/etc. and not want anything in return accept to help benefit the greater good of the shard.

val is trolling and whining (IMO)
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

valheru wrote: We only desire T2A accuracy.
Yeah, that is the passion that drives you... clearly...

Btw, what kinds of things are in the ace town? Roads? NPC's? etc, etc. Thats accurate right? For a bunch of ghost camping red tamer ganks whose town provides nothing to the shard to be rewarded with blessing from the shard gods?

Coming from you, "we only desire T2a accuracy", is funny on many many levels.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

It would be nice to have the ability to name npcs. I am going to leave it at that.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

valheru

Post by valheru »

Hoots wrote:
valheru wrote: We only desire T2A accuracy.
Yeah, that is the passion that drives you... clearly...

Btw, what kinds of things are in the ace town? Roads? NPC's? etc, etc. Thats accurate right? For a bunch of ghost camping red tamer ganks whose town provides nothing to the shard to be rewarded with blessing from the shard gods?

Coming from you, "we only desire T2a accuracy", is funny on many many levels.
There's a huge difference between player towns, which are accurate, and custom items in players houses, which are not accurate. ACE town, wasn't given to us for free. We had to pay MILLIONS for it.

There are a million other posts about certain items which are NOT t2a accurate, do a forum search.

What's wrong about questioning non accurate items? It's not whining, it's era accuracy.

Leave personal grudges out of this. This is the suggestions forum, not the trash talk forums.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

I have no personal grudge against you (yet) and could obviously see your post was a weak attempt at flaming.

It is quite obvious why the statues are in the museum. The museum is awesome and a lot of hard work went into it. It documents the history of this very shard and has a lot of awesome rares, donated by several different players from the shard, that some people have never seen or even knew existed.

If you want custom named vendors so bad make the poll and we'll see how that goes, though with you acting like such a crybaby dumbass, I doubt ACE will be getting any more treats in the foreseeable future.

Grudge started?
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

valheru wrote: There's a huge difference between player towns, which are accurate, and custom items in players houses, which are not accurate. ACE town, wasn't given to us for free. We had to pay MILLIONS for it.

There are a million other posts about certain items which are NOT t2a accurate, do a forum search.

What's wrong about questioning non accurate items? It's not whining, it's era accuracy.

Leave personal grudges out of this. This is the suggestions forum, not the trash talk forums.
First, i have no personal grudge against ace. I have never seen you in game. I only know you from your posts which is how you choose to be seen on this forum.

Ill sum up just about every post i have read from you since taming changes went in with one simple line.

I GOT SCREWED NOW I WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO GET SCREWED... the end.

And there is no difference... Towns on OSI were just that, a living town with people being there for the community.... MOST were not PvP hot spots. PvP guilds were not given towns bc OSI basically hated PvP (save the orcs).

To cry about the museum and non functioning statues while recalling to your blessed town with your own stablemaster to house your red army is laughable.

The fact that, by your own words, you paid millions for a town should show you just how non-accurate it is. OSI (afaik) didnt require ore or logs or gold for towns... they required an active town that provided benefit to the shard... You bought your way past that - Non Accurate, REMOVE AT ONCE PLEASE.... <-- See, that is something i would expect you to post. I could care less about your town, the museum, turtle bay, ascalon(sp) and any other player run town or what they have and what they dont have.

What matters is what is best for the shard. Blackfoot spent his own time making something that the whole shard can enjoy while keeping a history of the items on this server. AFAIK he benefits nothing from it.