mIRC Help, don't know where to post but here !

Jester

mIRC Help, don't know where to post but here !

Post by Jester »

For some reason I can't connect to IRC as of today 24/8. It tries to connect, but it just says Closing Link: Imril by Pirates.MI.US.WildIRC.Net (G-lined)

I have no idea why, I haven't changed anything anywhere, I can connect to other servers just fine.

Any tips ?

(It worked yesterday on the 23!)

Dagon

Re: mIRC Help, don't know where to post but here !

Post by Dagon »

G-lined means you've been a bad boy, and got server banned.

Or someone using your IP address was.

If you are using a public proxy, disable it.

Jester

Post by Jester »

That's wierd , I have hardly ever spoken in the IRC channel, and I only ever use mIRC for the UOSA channel.

What is a proxy? I have set IP number (afaik) I get it from my router with that DHCP thing

Edit: It also says this!

-irc.wildirc.net- *** DNS ban list check passed
-irc.wildirc.net- *** Got ident response

<piratesscan> :Listed in tor.dnsbl.sectoor.de. (Expires in 3 hours.) Visit http://www.sectoor.de/tor.php?ip=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX for removal additionally email Security@WildIRC.Net..

Where X = My IP number :>

Edit #2: I found this on the link;
"The SUBNET of the IP you checked is currently listed on tor.dnsbl.sectoor.de! This means, that the subnet of your IP contains a tor node. This is usually nothing bad for you, since we DO NOT recommend blocking/banning users based on the subnet. If you have problems anyway, please try to contact the admin who uses our DNSBL first, or contact us if you need help."

Does that mean Derrick or someone else who's an admin on IRC can remove my ban? Because I have no idea which rule I have broken in there to get banned. I have only ever used it to get in contact with a T-hunter to help me with maps.

Or does anyone have a tip on where I can get myself unbanned?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We don't admin the WildIRC network, but you'll have to contact them to get this lifted.
I'll forward this to a WildIRC admin.

You should be able to contact their staff at their website, http://www.wildirc.net
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Are you using Tor or is that just a coincidentally bad host name from your ISP?

Jester

Post by Jester »

Thanks for the replies guys!
I don't really know what Tor means, I can only assume it has something to do with my ISP :>

I'll send an E-Mail or something to the guys at WildIRC and see if I can't get this ban lifted.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Jester wrote:Thanks for the replies guys!
I don't really know what Tor means, I can only assume it has something to do with my ISP :>

I'll send an E-Mail or something to the guys at WildIRC and see if I can't get this ban lifted.
Tor is a network and you essentially connect to one node of the Tor network which then routes your to another random node, then that one routes you to another random node, etc, until you are finally spit out, therefore essentially hiding who you are and is pretty much untraceable back to you.

Sounds great, but anonymity this way comes at the price of latency.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Jester

Post by Jester »

Hello again!

First I'd like to thank you all for your help! And then report that I have done Nothing about this problem, because by some magical fluke, much like how it all began, it has fixed itself :>

But thanks anyway, and now I know what to do if it should happen again!