Communication?

Kara

Communication?

Post by Kara »

I've been in this guild for a bit now and it's plain to see that communication is abysmal.
  • There are plenty of people in the guild, and a fair number on at any given time.
    There are far fewer people in IRC than in game, seems like maybe 5% of the guild uses it.
    The in-game guild chat is relied on a bit, and it is terrible. If I'm doing anything actively, it scrolls out of view too fast to read.
Some solutions:
Pick an IM client for us to all use, something that is easy to sign up for and that many people may already be using. Steam comes to mind, as most people have a steam account I'm sure. In my past life in EVE Online, my corp used IRC exclusively and we had many problems with the learning curve. It was hard to get new members to use it, and those who didn't know how to use it would get frustrated with it and would stop using it the second their registered nick expired.

Also a voice chat server would be nice, nothing brings people together like actually talking to each other. I would recommend Mumble, but Teamspeak 3 and Ventrillo are also good. I'm sure there's someone out there willing to host it and if there isn't, I could probably arrange something.

Thoughts?

Kara

Re: Communication?

Post by Kara »

On second thought, steam can be confusing as ppl will be unlikely to change their names there.

If you use like Skype or somthing - you can create an account using your character name.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

We have an IRC channel. We can advertise that more. It's #uonew

And true, guildchat often is horrible, because tekst goes away too fast :(
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

Damnsammit

Post by Damnsammit »

ICQ or nothing at all. Uh oh.