Item ID macro

Topics related to Second Age
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Item ID macro

Post by Hoots »

Mikel123 wrote:Yup, agreed on the UseOnce - that's as far as I got as well.

As for the macro, that's clever thinking with the Organize agent. Only issue is, you'd need 125 bracelets, or 125 "magic shirt" items, or some large number, to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, you just have like 60 chests with 3 or 4 of each item in them, and you have to edit the macro for type every time you finish a chest, which would be not long.

I'm still leaning towards adding every item type to a macro with a 1-sec timeout. It would be SO much better if it could deal with multiples of an item type, but nothing's perfect I guess. In any case, I have to travel this week/weekend, so maybe next week I'll try to build out this massive macro of item types :-)
Well, after each item you would have to change the by type macro, but you can add all the items to your organize list one time and be done (if you have something in your organize agent and not in your pack it just skips it)

Wouldnt organize by type, Id organize by Magic (Vanq chest, Power chest, maybe force or silver, tele, reflect, inviso or what ever your favs are and a couple chests for garbage) This can be set up with a set of if chains for the organize.

So each new item you would have to change the bytype for the ID (simple retarget) and the item in your 1 restock macro (remove add new item). So even if you only have 5 or 6 of 1 item this may still be pretty quick, once the initial macro is written?

edit, actually if you are pre-sorting loot into a starting chest (manually or with restock/organize) your can populate your restock with every item type as well since there will only be 1 item type in the starting chest.

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

Hey there folks,

Just working on Item ID at the moment and seem to be gaining just IDing the same item over and over. Will this work right through to GM or will I need to get a new item(s) at a certain point? Not too sure! Thanks for any help :mrgreen:

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

That will work

Ashikata
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ashikata »

use your wands at SW ;)
[I-C] Infernal Covenant - The single most adored, envied and accomplished guild throughout the history of UO.

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

I used one item to gain to GM

UpTown

Post by UpTown »

For those of you IDing 1 item to GM, approximately how long has it taken you guys to hit 100?
Griswald [J-D], [com] (Chesapeake)
UpTown, Gendo Ikari [FB] (IPY)
UpTown, Cain, Abel [VT] (Hybrid)
UpTown, Ichimaru Gin [Y] (UOSA)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

UpTown wrote:For those of you IDing 1 item to GM, approximately how long has it taken you guys to hit 100?
~2-3 full days.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

I had a razor macro that goes down a long list of ItemID'ing each type weapon. I had another that did the same thing but for clothes/jeweler. I upgraded computers and lost the macro though, really mad :(

It takes forever to first set up, but it's worth it. My idea was to do a bunch of tmaps, and then that night run the macro.. sort the next day.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Pacifico wrote:I had a razor macro that goes down a long list of ItemID'ing each type weapon. I had another that did the same thing but for clothes/jeweler. I upgraded computers and lost the macro though, really mad :(
I do the same thing. I also added a steal-by-type to get the item so that it is added to my last target (you don't actually need stealing). I can then sort the items as I ID them, since I can ensure I only have one item on me for my organizers (for added security, I also put 124 non-IDing items in my bag). It adds delay, and I often re-steal/ID previously done items, but it can be done completely afk with only the occasional changing of full sort-bags.