Join the Farmer strike.

Topics related to Second Age

Do you think the Griefer pks are ruining the server for everyone?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Yes, we don't get any respect.
41%
No, they would be happy doing nothing on an empty server.
41%
Uncertain, I have pk and blue and don't grief people so does not apply.
18%

Total votes: 34

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Join the Farmer strike.

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I say on the contrary, equip yourself because you know they are well equipped. Also stop running away so much unless you are in a bad position or badly outnumbered. Turning tail to run is sometimes the worst thing you can do unless you can get a quick recall in. Group hunting is the key.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

platypus wrote:OP, perhaps you don't realize that nearly every PK on the shard began with a farming character in order to make the gold to get that 7x GM PK character. I have been PKed many times here while farming. Did I get angry? Perhaps the first few times. After that I learned how to farm like a pro. Believe me, when we are out PKing, about half the people get away, and this not due to lack of skill on our part. There are people that know how to farm correctly, and get away 99% of the time, even from a group of reds. You're a moron if you bring uber valuable stuff out farming (i.e. vanqs, masks, etc.) The most you need to get away from ANY PK is some magic jewelry or a g heal staff and a recall scroll/regs.

And even if you do get PKed, whats the most you can possibly lose? 10k? I agree with felix, try actually getting griefed (i.e. scammed out of a large house deed, having someone loot your house, etc.) and you won't even care the next time you lose 30 of each reg and 100 gp because you got PKed while farming.

edit: Just read Teknix's post ragging on ACE. TCA was our blue/crafter/bard guild. Why would we all have PKs and then make an anti-PK guild? That makes no sense. We are one of the FEW guilds that actually genuinely PKs, not noto-PKs, not orange-PKs like most of the other PvP guilds on the shard. I think that is commendable on our part. We are not afraid to die in stat and have to macro off some counts. The only other active genuine PK guilds I ever see are TG and MHK. Another fact: our town started out with a packed vendor castle and was quite active for many months. Want to know who ruined that? The people that camp ACE 24/7, bring their blue alts daily to try to give us counts, try to housekill us daily, etc. That is exactly why we kill most people in ACE on sight now. After a few months, everyone who showed up to Aceopolis was there to either try to grief us, kill our stablemaster, attack us and run away, etc. And do you want to know why we grief certain people who are farming the same spots everyday? These are the same people that camp outside our war keep and run from us every single time we try to PvP them. I can't even remember the last person/guild in ACE that actually fought back and didn't run, even if they outnumbered us (with the exception of TG and perhaps Axe).

Simple trick to not getting counts from alt blues just standing there....don't attack them. LOL

Simple trick to not grief people....don't grief people. It's totally in your grasp. To pretend you do the things you do because people deserve it is an utter lie.

I was on this server farming for 10 minutes before you guys started messing with me and i owned my castle a few days before one of you got hold of kefka's rune into it. Don't try and pretend you have good reason for any of the trash things you do because you don't. You get our jollies out of making people not want to play here and that's that.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Can't really compare our PK situation to OSI shards from that era because there were way more people, it was rare to have multiple accounts, thus no ghosting ect., and everyone didn't have 7xGM characters to solo spawns with. It was about guild hunts and sticking together. Now most players run solo trying to get the most cash in the least amount of time without any sort of socializing whatsoever. PK's know that when they check Destard for example, they're bound to find some poor Provo/mage farming fat lootz by himself. Low risk/Easy money anyone? Yes, please.

purplehazze

Post by purplehazze »

My two cents. If you're new to the server I highly recommend staying clear of the high cash spawns i.e. elder gazer, LL, balrons. Yes, the mobs do drop more money. But, if the money never makes it to your bank box then you're just making it harder on yourself. There are plenty of spots to farm casually if you're worried about getting grief'd. I also would find yourself a farming buddy that you don't mind splitting loot with if you do decide, to hit up the more riskier areas. Personally, I like to farm with my tamer and let my guildie/friend/roommate bring his tank-mage. This allows me to focus on scoring kills quickly while my buddy loots and banks while waiting for pks to pop out. In summary, join a guild or find a friend its an mmo for a reason.

platypus

Post by platypus »

Robot, as I stated in my last post, PKing is not the same as griefing. Griefing is PKing the same person over and over, res killing, following them around, looting their house, making their UO life crappy in any way possible. Running into a blue and killing them once is PKing. And I said "try to give us counts". We aren't dumb enough to kill some blue not on a horse and wearing a death shroud. I am referring to people like GuardianKnight, who visit ACE over and over and over throughout the day, precasting recall, running up to us and then running away. IMO, if you come to our town, see a red and follow them around calling them names, you are asking to die. Everyone who has been PKed in our town has done this, either on their main or on an alt. Some of them come back over and over, even after we kill them and dozens of their dragons. They are griefing themselves basically.

Tron

Post by Tron »

I'm totally joining the farmer strike!
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

platypus wrote:Robot, as I stated in my last post, PKing is not the same as griefing. Griefing is PKing the same person over and over, res killing, following them around, looting their house, making their UO life crappy in any way possible. Running into a blue and killing them once is PKing. And I said "try to give us counts". We aren't dumb enough to kill some blue not on a horse and wearing a death shroud. I am referring to people like GuardianKnight, who visit ACE over and over and over throughout the day, precasting recall, running up to us and then running away. IMO, if you come to our town, see a red and follow them around calling them names, you are asking to die. Everyone who has been PKed in our town has done this, either on their main or on an alt. Some of them come back over and over, even after we kill them and dozens of their dragons. They are griefing themselves basically.

I didn't start recalling to your empty town until you started paying visits to my house. I will admit it was funny to see my cloth placed on top of anti hero's tower the way it was. I don't walk around calling you names...the only one that has ever name called is ACE...usually when they get lucky and surprise attack me. I believe it is something along the lines of " dumb noob" or Dumb noob just lost his dragons: etc.

I go to you to save you the time of chasing me thru a monster crowded dungeon as i don't like being surprised every 10 minutes in dungeons so i stopped going to them for the most part. I recall to you and make you chase me to waste your time the way you seem to love wasting mine and i feel alot better after doing it. You get to work for your kills now....no more surprises.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Strike back, don't strike out.
  • Form an Anti-PK guild (If you don't like PvP, you'll have to wait for someone else to do it and hope it benefits you sometimes)
  • Pay an Anti-PK to hang out (pretty boring for them though)
  • Farm in lower risk, lower profit areas. (Its about gold/time after all. Getting pk'd kills that rate)
  • Schedule with hunting partners or groups. School of fish approach. (This is the easiest solution I think)

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

I actually respect PKs. They play the highest risk characters on the shard. The ones that suck are noto PKs, or PKs that mysteriously gate in immediately after you see another blue farming. Or the ones that kill your mounts and dry loot your crappy armor. Soon as I get a decent PVP character I'm killing as many of those as I can find and dry humping their empty corpses.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Baldamier wrote:I actually respect PKs. They play the highest risk characters on the shard. The ones that suck are noto PKs, or PKs that mysteriously gate in immediately after you see another blue farming. Or the ones that kill your mounts and dry loot your crappy armor. Soon as I get a decent PVP character I'm killing as many of those as I can find and dry humping their empty corpses.
Right and it has been said before it is the second type of character that annoys the piss out of everyone

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

I agree that Greifing is bad for the overall integrity of this server. We need a population to remain strong and to increase population, we need to keep most players and attract new ones.

We need to have a decent balance of risk/reward. PVP and PKing is fine. Trammel-izing the shard, of course, is never going to happen, nor should it.

But greifing is going to be a major speed-bump in the growth of this shard.

PK #1: "Wow, I just killed this guy with some vanqs, invul armor, and a ton of regs and gold. Good haul!"

PK #2: "Hahah! i just rez-killed this newb for the 14th time this afternnoon! I keep taking his cheapo gear, so he has to keep buying a vendor sword and crap armor. I love making people so miserable they quit the game!"

Ok, who can tell me which PKer is bad for the player community?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Pro

Post by Pro »

Neither new players will never learn if they dont experience it. we've all been there and it's just a phase you get through when playing uo.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Well, Idealling speaking, they can learn the consequences of leaving the protection of the town guards and learning where the PK hotspots are. PKs should be a normal aspect of the game. Griefing shouldnt be.

I know there will always be the players that really aren't cut-out for this type of shard. And its ultimately up to them to decide if they want to deal with pvp or not.

Listen, There's Pking for the hunt, fortune, strategy, and risk.

But PK griefing for purpose of making other players quit, and actually taking pleasure from and boasting about that? That cant be healthy for shard growth.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

alatar

Post by alatar »

Tron wrote:
Robot wrote:Grief to no end is what destroyed the game and created trammel.

I disagree. It was people like you that created trammel.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

alatar wrote:
Tron wrote:
Robot wrote:Grief to no end is what destroyed the game and created trammel.

I disagree. It was people like you that created trammel.
Shoosh and read the thread...someone already said that and it was disabled .