DEXER PVP

Topics related to Second Age
PillPuller

DEXER PVP

Post by PillPuller »

Is it even possible to kill anyone on a dexxer/townie anymore on here? It seems like everyone just runs away..or recalls. Seems like weapons do less damage and do not hit as fast. I switched from swords to fencing because it seems to do more damage then the katanas and browdswords. when i WAS using the katana it seemed really slow and couldn't really disrupt anyone. I haven't played in about 5-6 months but has something with warriors changed?
AIM : Progn0sis

Werthers Chewbackas

Re: DEXER PVP

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

How long it takes to kill someone with a weapon depends on several different factors.

1. Is your weapon brand new or has it been used? Weapons do less damage as they become more worn.

2. Are you on a reality candid camera show? If you are then the director will make sure to throttle your attack last delays so as to ensure that you die in any field PvP against a worthy opponent.

3. Is your opponent wearing any armor?

4. If you're on a reality candid camera show, the director will make sure that opponents are able to run faster than you.

5. Since we're playing on this shard, NPCs like Faust or Hemperor will make sure to tip the balance in favor of Tank Mage PvP. So far he's done well to make cure pots more effective, make health bars not show when someone is poisoned and to lessen the chance of being disrupted during spell-casting.

Try using the skill Poisoning too. It only takes about 100K to get it close to GM if you have your own Alchemist.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

Zim.

Post by Zim. »

TBH, on ANY dexxer, the problem with killing people is getting that big burst of damage near the end to finish someone off. Its all too easy to go "get hit 6 times then run and heal"

I sugguest taking the warrior 5:

Wepskill
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist

...and adding in magery and eval. A precast e-bolt with GM magery/Eval is a GREAT finisher!

Or try using explo pots and insta hit much like a mage would use spells. Throw those puppies then HALLYWHACK. If yer lucky youll get a 50 pointer and apply DP :P

Also... be a pot WHORE. Use All of em (cept nightsight and poison if you dont have enough poisoning) +20 str/dex is nice. Plus mages will usually try to drain it with weaken. Using their mana. Then you can just chug more! :P

Again, Reflect tricks work well too. Someone splodebolts you, time the hallywhack and try and own em.

Werthers Chewbackas

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

None of that matters. The director will make sure that their last 5 HP won't be drained even if you hit them 10 times and they're DPed.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

Zim.

Post by Zim. »

TBH, Im still new here so I dont know if your being sarcastic or not. Sarcasm doesnt carry well over text.

If you are... this "director" is a douche! :P

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

im a gm poisoner already...i used to be able to kill anyone about 5 months ago...i did notice cure pots cure every time now and have no chance to fail. just seems like weapons hit slower or something i dunno..

Pro

Post by Pro »

Try this, Save your hits? Don't always be next to their face maybe hold a swing for when they prep gheal and use explo pots in the mean time?

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

Killing someone with a dexxer is a real challenge :D

- try it with a vanq kryss (kryss is the fastest melee weapon)

- use greater str and greater agility potions (120 dex will make you swing faster than 100 dex)

- greater expl pots!!

Poisoning is also a good choice on your dexxer because it eats the cure pots of your opponent and it helps vs mages as they have to focus on curing and cannot continue their attacks.

But the old poisoning kicked asses - i remember a former player and guildmate dealing with three tank mages at once and not having problems to kill one of them.

However, this should improve your chances but vs a tank - even if hes a weak player - its really hard to score since mini-heals were boosted up and you can prolly miss four or five hits in a row...

And if you take a look on the top equipment you will notice that a dexxer is more expensive than a tank due to the masses of pots he needs or the high end kryss or spear he got to use to be at least a bit competetive.

btw whos the "director" ? :mrgreen:

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

i don't use exp pots. that's a lot of money to shell out for pots...if all this running away business is going on i may have no other choice though.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Werthers Chewbackas wrote: 5. Since we're playing on this shard, NPCs like Faust or Hemperor will make sure to tip the balance in favor of Tank Mage PvP. So far he's done well to make cure pots more effective, make health bars not show when someone is poisoned and to lessen the chance of being disrupted during spell-casting.
Have you read the front page of this web site son? Do you see the messaged that has been plasted left and right here that states the goal of this shard is to strive for t2a accuracy? Since that has been cleared up what are you claiming is inaccurate in your post? Did you happen to mistaken the front page statement as stating that we strive for "balance" or something? At least that is what I am understanding from your whining and complaining in your response.

Please do tell my son.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Explosion potions are your answer. Seriously.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

According to Luca dexxers OP > tank mages... lulz

Anyway, always bring Gstr + Gagi pots, use really fast weapons for mage pvp, the slower ones are better for dexxer pvp.

Even at 120 dex, weapons like short spear and war fork are insanely slow, I think the weapon swing calculations need to be looked at again because a short spear is only 3 pts off from a kryss, yet swings almost twice as slow during combat.

I always use +20 power/vanq krysses, always use poisoning, and explosion pots when the person gets low on health. Also helps to have a mount like a frenzied ostard or mare, so if they constantly run you can eventually get them when their mount stam dies.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Faust wrote:
Werthers Chewbackas wrote: 5. Since we're playing on this shard, NPCs like Faust or Hemperor will make sure to tip the balance in favor of Tank Mage PvP. So far he's done well to make cure pots more effective, make health bars not show when someone is poisoned and to lessen the chance of being disrupted during spell-casting.
Have you read the front page of this web site son? Do you see the messaged that has been plasted left and right here that states the goal of this shard is to strive for t2a accuracy? Since that has been cleared up what are you claiming is inaccurate in your post? Did you happen to mistaken the front page statement as stating that we strive for "balance" or something? At least that is what I am understanding from your whining and complaining in your response.

Please do tell my son.
You know what I am saying?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Faust wrote:

Please do tell my son.

So far, not a fan of werthers chewbackas but I gotta agree with him on this one

Faust

Post by Faust »

Don't play shards that aim to replicate if you want customized pvp.