Identified Items

Topics related to Second Age
Nayee

Identified Items

Post by Nayee »

How is it that sometimes I find already identified magic weapons on vendors, and other times I don't?

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Identified Items

Post by Homie »

maybe its just the (exact) description you are reading?

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

Homie wrote:maybe its just the (exact) description you are reading?
Nope, often times there is ALSO a vendor description on these items. Once place you can look at this is the vendors to the north west of yew moongate on the patio (wearing daemon bone)

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I think these items are rather old and pre-patch?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Fwerp wrote:I think these items are rather old and pre-patch?
Aye, getting very old. All existing items were grandfathered when the following patch went in:
Subject: Patch 76 - Dec 11, 2008: Item/Taste ID, Poisoning
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

XaN

Post by XaN »

Once an Item was ID'd I seem to recall it not mattering who it was that ID'd, all that mattered was that someone did so that everyone could see what that weapon was. Pretty sure this is how it was on osit2a as well.. doubt you can really test this for accuracy but be nice to figure it out.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

XaN wrote:Once an Item was ID'd I seem to recall it not mattering who it was that ID'd, all that mattered was that someone did so that everyone could see what that weapon was. Pretty sure this is how it was on osit2a as well.. doubt you can really test this for accuracy but be nice to figure it out.
agreed

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I'm not sure if you guys played after T2A but I think that is what you two are mistaken this feature by.

If someone was holding a magic wep (which was fairly rare back then) it would display to everyone else how it displays here...months of working the forge in T2A doing repairs when I would get a magic wep I wouldn't know if it was ruin or vanquish

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

XaN wrote:Once an Item was ID'd I seem to recall it not mattering who it was that ID'd, all that mattered was that someone did so that everyone could see what that weapon was. Pretty sure this is how it was on osit2a as well.. doubt you can really test this for accuracy but be nice to figure it out.
I belive global ID of items came in with AOS
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

global ID of items came in mid UOR. Item stats came in aos
Last edited by Zorce on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Definitely after the UOR publish.

This shows that item id worked in the same manner but with a few slight tweaks in '01 with this patch.
Various Fixes and Changes Mar 27 2001 6:08PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_324.html wrote:
Problems with item identification have been fixed, and will now function in the following manners:

Items will now retain properly the list of which player or players have recently identified the item. As new players identify the item, playerw that have not identified the item recently might need to re-identify the item again to see the full description of the item's attributes. The owner (defined as the player holding the item in their main backpack or equipping the item) will not need to re-identify the item unless the item is removed from their inventory and identified by other players enough times.

The players who “owns” the item will never be removed from the list, as long as they own the item. Ownership is described as holding the item in possession, or within the topmost backpack container.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:Definitely after the UOR publish.

This shows that item id worked in the same manner but with a few slight tweaks in '01 with this patch.
Various Fixes and Changes Mar 27 2001 6:08PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_324.html wrote:
Problems with item identification have been fixed, and will now function in the following manners:

Items will now retain properly the list of which player or players have recently identified the item. As new players identify the item, playerw that have not identified the item recently might need to re-identify the item again to see the full description of the item's attributes. The owner (defined as the player holding the item in their main backpack or equipping the item) will not need to re-identify the item unless the item is removed from their inventory and identified by other players enough times.

The players who “owns” the item will never be removed from the list, as long as they own the item. Ownership is described as holding the item in possession, or within the topmost backpack container.
Nice find. Currently on UOSA items do not have owners, this will be remedied.

Faust

Post by Faust »

This patch above in '01 added the "owner" feature I do believe making it inaccurate.